Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum > Classic Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2006, 06:04 AM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Well NBK --was-- going to go into the abandoned US spot. I guess not so anymore. Whatever.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
A little arrogant aren't we? You of all people should understand what I mean, but we're not on the same wavelength I guess. You preach that Classic shouldn't be altered from what it was in 2000 (or before) unless your guild is involve apparently.
I'd be willing to give up that spot for the old overworld.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake13jake View Post
Well NBK --was-- going to go into the abandoned US spot. I guess not so anymore. Whatever.
I heard Rommiel was getting that?
Old 10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
I thought I seen a guildhouse of theirs south of Graal City.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
It's a too major location for Rommiel.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I honestly have no idea.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Just give it to Shakur
Old 10-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Roar, or something. *shrugs* I can't really put up a fight for My Version Of Classic anymore. I don't have the time, power, or energy to put things back the way I remember them, and even if I did someone would miss something that I thought was trivial which came about after I left...

Just...I dunno...find a map you guys like and stick with it...all these Vast Overwhelming Wipes are wrecking any sense of communal continuity that might otherwise be built.

A thought - outsides should be changed very, very rarely. Remember when Supernick's got dropped on Northern Limits, back in Nightlord's reign? Freakin' sucked, it was such a pain walking around that Sudden Pyramid.
I dunno, maybe the world needs to be sizable. Classic was just too big for its playercount when I was done with it; there were too many Levels To Explore! with nothing in 'em. Underwater was cool but underdeveloped...maybe it would be worth considering having a Huge Defined Map! and blocking most of it off with rockslides. Give you plenty of time to develop the east cape before you let people in to gasp in wonder and delight at the multitudinous nooks and crannies and miniquests and playerhouses in what would have otherwise been a sparsely populated stretch of terrain.

But again, people hate waiting for updates, so I dunno.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 10-26-2006, 10:05 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Classic's old map was suited for it's like 300 players. =[
Old 10-27-2006, 01:26 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Classic's old map was suited for it's like 300 players. =[
yep they should size it down
Old 10-27-2006, 02:40 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
I always like the plan of expanding and adding but once something is down, don't change it or get rid of it. If you want something new in the area, pack it in. New islands are expansions, or maybe a new peninsula off the south side would be an expansion
Old 10-27-2006, 02:51 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Well Storm's too stubborn to change it back, even when I offered him I would work on it, and by showing him I had converted half of it already. If you are gonna keep this crappy overworld at least take out or fix the big ugly mountain and remove the guild gates.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Well Storm's too stubborn to change it back, even when I offered him I would work on it, and by showing him I had converted half of it already. If you are gonna keep this crappy overworld at least take out or fix the big ugly mountain and remove the guild gates.
Many (probably including Storm) prefer the old overworld over the 2004 overworld. Changing it back to that wouldn't cause people to stop complaining.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
Many (probably including Storm) prefer the old overworld over the 2004 overworld. Changing it back to that wouldn't cause people to stop complaining.
I've told him I would convert that one too, he rejected it.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
I think conversion is, itself, the problem. "Take the existing world, completely replace it with another one." I'm afraid gradual progress is the only answer. Same as when I had to attack the map with a staple remover - fixing one level at a time, slowly shaping the server to resemble a continent with shores and old houses and everything.
It can be fun though sometimes. As you work on the inside of a quest, have it slowly surface week by week...a bit of water gets shallower...then a cliff becomes a beach...then you can almost see the cave entrance but for the water flooding it...^_~

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233