Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
The rewards do actually work. I just find it in bad taste to teach kids to download programs blindly in order to get free things in games.

Not that spending your parents money without them knowing is any better...at least then your now putting them at risk for viruses that might destroy their computer and/or steal their information. Just my two cents tho.
I don't feel that Graal is teaching them something that they and their parents aren't already aware of. Not only are people exposed to this sort of thing on practically every game site on the web, they come across it almost every time they do a search on their computers. Some people are more cautious than others with downloading and there will always be a risk.

I've been receiving survey offers for years now, some good, some bad. You just have to decide what you're comfortable with. I have an email I use just for random stuff I know I'll get spam from and only take a look at it every few months to see just how much spam is there for kicks.

I'm glad to see that other options are being offered, its a step forward into the future for Graal.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Not only are people exposed to this sort of thing on practically every game site on the web
What game sites have you been visiting?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
Think it was livingplay games or something like that.
Yeah this is the 'Wheel of Fortune' one I downloaded that crashed my browser and had virus-like effects. Once you download the main game it prompts you to download mad other stuff (toolbars, livingplay browser thing, etc.) Just be sure to uncheck the boxes and not just click 'Next' 10 times in the future.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I don't feel that Graal is teaching them something that they and their parents aren't already aware of. Not only are people exposed to this sort of thing on practically every game site on the web, they come across it almost every time they do a search on their computers. Some people are more cautious than others with downloading and there will always be a risk.

I've been receiving survey offers for years now, some good, some bad. You just have to decide what you're comfortable with. I have an email I use just for random stuff I know I'll get spam from and only take a look at it every few months to see just how much spam is there for kicks.
I'm glad to see that other options are being offered, its a step forward into the future for Graal.
That apparently won't work so well here. I clicked on one of the offers and entered a completely bogus e-mail address into the field. Yet it seems like it read the e-mail address that is linked to my graalonline account as I suddenly began receiving spam on my real e-mail account.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
What game sites have you been visiting?

Kongregate uses them for gaining free kreds. Gamestop calls them PowerUp rewards. A couple poker sites my husband uses offered them as well. Most of the ones I've come across though used them as advertising revenue only and if you subscribed to their offers you just got chances at drawings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
That apparently won't work so well here. I clicked on one of the offers and entered a completely bogus e-mail address into the field. Yet it seems like it read the e-mail address that is linked to my graalonline account as I suddenly began receiving spam on my real e-mail account.
Maybe thats the problem, you used a totally bogus email. I use a real email but one that I don't bother to look at.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
What parents/kids do you deal with on a daily basis? I dunno about you, but I do all kinds of virus clean-ups/repairs for people and generally... the average user doesn't know what the hell they're doing when they're on a PC, and this especially includes kids(if my two younger sisters and nephew are a basis to go by).

"Oh no, this window that popped up said I had viruses! Oh no oh no oh no I should really download what it recommends me!"
Old 08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Maybe thats the problem, you used a totally bogus email. I use a real email but one that I don't bother to look at.
Well I didn't really expect them to have access to my real e-mail. Besides, if I entered a bogus e-mail, there's a reason for it (I don't want them knowing my e-mail)

Most sites will return the "please enter a valid e-mail address" error when you do what I did anyway, so I'm sure the site didn't really care. If I entered another one of my e-mail addresses, I have little doubt that I would be getting spam in both accounts.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Unholy Nation FAQ
james544 is on a distinguished road
Just got gold on a new account .
@ReptarKingOfTheOZone: Thats only for downloading the programs, just fill out the surveys and you're fine. I haven't received any viruses from the surveys (Unless norton blocked it, but it always gives me notifications if it blocked a virus.) So I'm pretty sure the sites are safe.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
can add Nexon to the list of companies using this particular reward service if you want
Old 08-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
I just think its unsavory to have downloading things as an option for gaining gralats.

If the attitude here is, "Well, since their already exposed to viruses, it doesn't matter if we expose them too.", then that's rather sad.

For anyone who has dealt with a family member who has downloaded too many programs, installed too many toolbars, and randomly filled out every survey thats passed through their inbox, you know whats its like to clean out those computers.
I think its safe to say the average Facebook user would fall into this category.

Stefan said he can block certain offers? It would be as easy as just not allowing the download offers...to me that seems like the most responsible option.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Unholy Nation FAQ
james544 is on a distinguished road
It's called having a junk email account and virus protection...
'Nuff said.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by james544 View Post
It's called having a junk email account and virus protection...
'Nuff said.
Ya... I'm sure all the kids on Graal iPhone/Facebook are smart enough to avoid all the potential crap that could flood onto their PC.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:42 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Kongregate uses them for gaining free kreds. Gamestop calls them PowerUp rewards. A couple poker sites my husband uses offered them as well. Most of the ones I've come across though used them as advertising revenue only and if you subscribed to their offers you just got chances at drawings.
Oh, I've never seen any of these before so ya.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
can add Nexon to the list of companies using this particular reward service if you want
omg nexon gives free nx offers? O_o I've been playing their games combat arms and vindictus for a few months and never knew
Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
omg nexon gives free nx offers? O_o I've been playing their games combat arms and vindictus for a few months and never knew
Depends on where you live. As far as I know they don't offer it in Europe.