Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Would you rather see N-Pulse become an iPhone server, or PC server.. based off post.
iPhone 3 10.71%
PC 19 67.86%
Dont care 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
N-Pulse PC or iPhone (Read post first)

I seem to have a very disgruntled little man at the moment, who shall stay nameless. He has called me basically every name under the sun saying I am not big enough to ask this question.. so here goes.

We are creating a new N-Pulse. Yes, it's new.. there is very little of what N-Pulse was, apart from it's history. I am basing the 2 old kingdoms off on each other, Armodia, and Kalton.. There is many take over points over the overworld, and would be advantages of taking over places, and rewards. (this would need a higher playercount to work). There is also a in depth story line, jobs, events, sparing, PKing, small side games and such.

Now, would you rather see this on a iPhone server, or would it make it as a PC server? Please cast your vote on how you'd rather see the direction of the server go.

Thank you,

Ducati
Old 06-29-2012, 04:13 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
How many times are you going to change the direction of the server lol. I think a Manager with a little more stability is needed for N-Pulse on an iOS.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Sorry Ducati, but I have to say PC, N-Pulse is, and probably never will be suited for iPhone.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Banned
There is no different direction - I already chosen a direction.. It's looking good, and all the base of it is setup.

I just had a very angry man yelling at me to do this, so I did.

And Ray, yeah, old N-Pulse wouldn't be.. which is why we have created a new N-Pulse.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:41 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
iCommunity is obviously a larger playerbase so to have an iPhone release is probably more worth it, it just depends on whether you can grab some ~100 players out of the thousands that play iEra and iClassic.

If UN is struggling imagine how Npulse will do. ;/
Old 06-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned
I honestly don't think we'd get great response on PC. It's to few players to share around.. And when Classic and Atlantis come out, that would be even more done in, as those are seriously impressive servers. (Yes, I have been called selfish because of the PC N-Pulsians would like it on PC.. but sadly the small count doesn't help our situation)

I think we can make a really good iPhone server. I have worked for iClassic and understand how the players work. We have some really simple, but good ideas in place.. and seeing I am already known to a few on iClassic, I think I could get a good community going
Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I think that if you're going to put hard work into a server, it might aswell aim to be on the iPlatform, because that's where your playerbase will be. PC needs some drastic changes before we see a healthy playercount again and most people are either on Era or Zodiac. Both of those servers have (relative to Graal) unique playstyles so UN is really the only potential playerbase you can look at...which makes all that hard work not really worth it when aiming for PC.

Old N-Pulse players who still wish to play N-Pulse could probably do so through FB (or Graal v6 when Stefan finally realizes that this is the right path to take!).
Old 06-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Sorry Ducati, but I have to say PC, N-Pulse is, and probably never will be suited for iPhone.
Well N-Pulse WAS always a PK/Spar server with alternative questing and events. But sparing on a iDevice proves to be more challenging then you would think. At the point of conception of, "hey lets make an iphone server" I honestly think you might as well go from scratch with your own server, your own name, and your own ideas. But then again I wont spend more then 15 minutes at a time on an iServer and ocassionally even that is not possible as I get the eppic cooldown warning from the iphone overheating. (iPhone 3gs and 4, not sure how 4s preforms tho).

Maybe someday, Apple will allow bluetooth keyboards for more then text based input. Untill then I cast no vote.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:27 AM
Banned
I know many people who prefer pk/sparing on the iPhone/iPad than the keyboard. It's preference.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:58 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys, we are working on a new version of N-Pulse, scrapping everything but the history and marketing it to people who wouldn't care either way as they've never played the old server.

Why not start an entirely new project instead of wasting N-Pulse resources and using it's name to attract developers. I hope to god you're paying for the server that you're developing on and not some other poor sap.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
I know many people who prefer pk/sparing on the iPhone/iPad than the keyboard. It's preference.
At least PC is balanced as everyone can pk on a pc and not everyone can pk on an ipad, I for one cannot and would feel completely discriminated that I could no longer pk.. at that point it's not prefrence its just dissapointment. But yeah not all ipad players or iphone players have a pc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Hey guys, we are working on a new version of N-Pulse, scrapping everything but the history and marketing it to people who wouldn't care either way as they've never played the old server.

Why not start an entirely new project instead of wasting N-Pulse resources and using it's name to attract developers. I hope to god you're paying for the server that you're developing on and not some other poor sap.
I mean iPhone N-Pulse in itself is a completely new (to npulse at least) idea. Anything they make will basically be there own server just stealing, well they have premession to, but using the N-Pulse name that Geovanie once ruled. It's like opening a fast food burger joint and using the name McDonalds just because you got more customers.. but sadly our opinions do not matter iNpulse will continue.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post

Why start over when they can just recycle the historic name(s)/content and use it to their advantage? Look at iDelteria, do those look like Delterians to you?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Banned
Exactly, Crono.

I use to be one of those living in the past, but sadly, as I do like PC, but GraalOnline is much more popular on the iDevices. Why can't I use N-Pulse? I have been at N-Pulse from just about the start.. and have put many years into it. I would love to see it as a popular server again, and if that means moving it into the 21st century.. why is that a bad thing? I know many a old N-Pulsians who would love to see it come to the iPhone so they could catch up and play.

As I have said - I would like to make a PC version too, but it would be different from the iVersion. But our iNPulse is in top priority at the moment.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I will never have an iphone or ipad to play Graal on, so I really don't know what it is all about, but that is where Graal is doing well, so you should go for it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Why start over when they can just recycle the historic name(s)/content and use it to their advantage? Look at iDelteria, do those look like Delterians to you?
I think the main question was wether the N-Pulse comminuty would rather a PC version or a iPhone version. The community is what made N-Pulse what it is. Sure, iPhone servers have higher playercounts. Give it a few years for the app stores to populate more games as hardware gets better. I don't deny you will have a higher player count. But are you being as loyal to the community as they are to you? And that would rather depend on hearing the input from the whole community not just one person or there similar minded friends.

I have stated it before, I would like to see both a PC version and an iPhone version. But making it an iphone server just to get more players rather then listening what the people who made it want... is just.. wow. selfish. it pleases you by seeing a higher player count. There are many servers that have proven a high player count can be accomplished.

In the realm of pk/spar servers that are public you have UN. With Zodiac and Val being more Role Play based. A meer 2 hours ago Zodiac wasnt even working and now that it is back up they are already at 38 players. I often see them hit near 100 players. So what happens when UN collapses? The traditional non-rpg style Spar/PK times will be at an end. And I say that based on weapons will have stats and it will no longer be button smashing with equal opportunity. At least untill Classic is finished.
Closed Thread