Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Updates requested from about 2007 on for v5 and v6 that still are probably not there

So I went through the v5 threads and compiled this list. I know we'll have to wait for v7 to get to some of them probably, because thats the way graalonline has been for years. Takes forever to get an update, and updates run slow, and things are forgotten. I read through A LOT of threads to do this, so please, can as much as possible from our community requests for v5 be put in v6??? The game just gets slower and slower, if you get what I mean. Also, I know some people are going to go off on some of this stuff. Again, I went through a ton of posts, and this is what I had time and thought most people "wanted" according to the posts in the thread.
  • -Widgets for cross server interaction, ect.
  • -News tabs for login
  • -updateterrain serverside
  • -set and read comments in rc
  • -update or removal of community names
  • -enable/disable emoticons in pm (causes crash)
  • -projectiles ignore fences, ect
  • -gs2 work offline, avoid testbed population and make people want to buy servers more, or at least enjoy graal in another way again
  • -change trial system back
  • -client guild control (in-game guild cp)
  • -change log in gui, serverlist gui (tons of threads about this)
  • -grelat system sucks apparently (tons of threads about this too)
  • -buddy in guild with tag, guild tab overrides showing them in buddies until tag is off
  • -actually implement something for guild events and guild items
  • -bring back alt 8 9 zoom
  • -new website that can have player interaction again, player profiles online, show what guilds they are in, gamer tag, ect (a lot on this too, especially guild list in player profiles)
  • -take off useless things like map setting that is unuseable now
  • -fankit? I'd use it.
  • -enable/disable default download progress window
  • -add things like player.cliffjumping
  • -User Defined Coding on website again
  • -a checkbox so you dont have to hit yes/no to hide graal in taskbar every time you close graal
  • -make polygons, text, and image rotation work the same (spin wont always suffice)
  • -favorites for server list
  • -onwall3(array)
  • -actual flying?? Maybe a release about it at the least, supposedly its already here
  • -dockable playerlist
It seems there was a ton, and I mean a TON of stuff on fixing gold subscriptions, advertising for the server, guild stuff, and fixing the site to what it used to be like pretty much. This is only from features request and a little from the other threads in v5. I'm sure there are a ton more requests in npc scripting, and all the other dev threads. Please, when you post a bunch of stuff after me people, keep it to where its a bit organized, and not complaining and stuff. I posted what was most obviously requested, lets try to keep this thread that way please.

added more, might be duplicates but this way everything is kind of organized.
Inspired by dusty's "compilation bump" a while back, I decided to sift through the pages and pages of suggestions and pick out the ones that I thought were important. Emphasis on "I", so if there's anything you feel should be added feel free to share. This is to make things easier for Stefan and help ensure that the little things that are frequently suggested aren't forgotten! (especially for v6, and without bumping tons of threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Inspired by dusty's "compilation bump" a while back, I decided to sift through the pages and pages of suggestions and pick out the ones that I thought were important. Emphasis on "I", so if there's anything you feel should be added feel free to share. This is to make things easier for Stefan and help ensure that the little things that are frequently suggested aren't forgotten! (especially for v6, and without bumping tons of threads)

Remote Control related
GUIs

File I/O
Drawing/image support
Security

Misc.
Small but useful
Could very easily have missed something because my eyes started to bleed after the 4th page or so.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Last edited by sssssssssss; 05-10-2010 at 09:23 PM..
Old 05-10-2010, 08:33 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
I'm sure Flying Technology is enabled, but there is no documentation on it, yet.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Here's my list of frequent/important requests for the Graal engine.

I didn't skim though the Feature Request forum, only Future Improvements, so it is almost entirely scripting-related.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Cyril Rain
Added in the first post, if there are anymore add it in! BTW though, please, lets keep this in importance of the community. I could add 8k things I personally want in graal myself.

I really just wanted there to be ONE spot for this, since soooooo much gets ignored, and stefan (not picking on you) says and brags about graal being unique basically because its shaped by the community, so the community has spoken, since 2007 and earlier for this stuff.

Last edited by sssssssssss; 05-10-2010 at 09:20 PM..
Old 05-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Cyril Rain
Some more from Dusty:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Went through and got all of my ideas that were ignored, and decided to bump them in one entire collection of ideas and improvements:

saturation value : added alongside of RGBA. 1 would be full saturation, 0 would be no saturation(grayscale). Currently impossible to replicate, and I think many people would appreciate the effects.

download window : I'm tired of having to close a download window when I switch a server, because it feels the need to inform me I'm downloading some random head or gani. Just have it not pop up.

PM notifaction : Changes the little head icon on the taskbar button into a blinking PM when you receive PMs. Only personal PMs, not masses/guild/admin! This would be useful for those who don't have minimize to taskbar enabled.

gmap.mapimg : added to the gmap object, a variable that contains the currently loaded MAPIMG from the gmap file. Would save the effort to work around and load it from the gmap.

tilelayers[x].layer : change the visual layer of tilelayers. This of course, would be useful for drawing tiles over players. I know this would probably need a rework of the way levels are drawn, but dammit, it would be so worth it!!!

freezeani() : freezes the players ani in place, at its current anistep, for the specified about of seconds. This, of course, would also include a freezecharani().

gani rotation : Still bugged. Rotating a gani like sword.gani will cause the gani to displace itself horribly.

clientside SentToRC() : would echo a message to the RC client on the clientside. Would be useful to send messages to staff when they log on, that wouldn't spam everyone else, for example.

global toguild: : toguild: sending a message to all your guild members regardless of server. Also the ability to receive toguild's from other servers. Along with this, I again, hope that the guild list would list all guild members regardless of server. Much like how the buddy list is.

onwallpoly({polygon data}) : of course, would check for an onwall within the polygon data(or a line), and some way to return the position the polygon intersects a wall.

polygon images : ability to change how images are resampled on polygons. I don't like the bicubic method Graal uses. More on this can be checked here: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=76258
Aside from that... drawing images on a 4 pointed polygon causes a distortion along the center, that runs diagonally. This means you can't really do '3D' stuff, because the image is so severly distorted, it's not accurate.

seteffectmode() : change the mode of seteffect, using the modes provided for showimgs. I don't see why this would be hard.

decimal layers : layers being checked down to the decimal. This is mainly important for layers 0-3, since there are only three layers. Not really important, but there are instances where 3 just isn't enough. Because it uses decimals, it would be fully backwards-compatible.

showimg layer <0 : Ability to draw images under the tiles. This is already possible with GUI's, but sometimes it's a pain in the ass... not to mention GUI's cause focus loss and other complications. Being able to just change the layer of an image to -1 to draw it under the tiles seems so much simpler. Oh, and it should carry the same respects as layers > 0. -1 through -3 would be drawn on level coordinates, and <-3 would be drawn on screen coordinates.

addtiledef online : when the image from an addtiledef is not in cache, it should instead be displayed as black, instead of jarbled tiles. I dunno if it still does this, but I guess it doesn't hurt to list it.

textoutline = bool : currently there is textshadow, which is cool. I also suggest textoutline, which would outline the text. This is a very nice effect for text, as it makes it a lot easier to read on ANY color, when there is a black outline, and white text. When over white, you see the black outline, when over black, you see the white text. Very useful, I'd love to see it. There is a way to do it, but it involves about 10+ images just to pull it off for one line of text.

This is all I can think of, but I'm sure I'm missing tons of ideas I've had over the years I have forgotten about. Now, Stefan, I beg you to go through and read all the ideas and at least give me a comment as to possible or not... and not just completely ignore them or pick and choose and leave me wondering about the rest.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:56 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'm sure Flying Technology is enabled, but there is no documentation on it, yet.
Supposedly it was scripted and used pre-taken screenshots of levels and scaled them.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Supposedly it was scripted and used pre-taken screenshots of levels and scaled them.
Aye, it worked a lot like Google Maps or something, and you had to take the screenshots yourself, so... ya, not excited for that in the least.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:53 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Nice compilation, good job.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 05-10-2010, 11:27 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
I still want this too: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=84453
Old 05-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
player.ipaddresshash?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Cyril Rain
Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I think that people are expecting some massive gameplay changes with the introduction of v6, and based on what I've seen when testing it, I believe there might be some disappointment. It's really being left up to the servers to take advantage of new scripting methods, and that's nothing new for the average player. With this in mind, I figured I'd bring up an idea that has been around since before I can remember.

Currently we can change 5 body items, and we're limited to a choice of 19 colors. It would be nice if this default system was expanded to hex colors, and I can't imagine it being too hard to do. Of course, "setcoat #00FF00" isn't exactly newbie friendly, but if you were to use the traditional color names of the hex values it would be fine. Servers (or the GDT) could additionally create color a ring tailor system using the hex values, and it has the potential for coming out great.

I think both the players from PC Graal and the players from the iPhone would LOVE this expansion. It would be a big change. People would finally be able to match their outfits more appropriately, and there'd be a better selection of "brown" and "orange" colors which have always been criticized. It could also be used as an upgrade incentive, allowing "trials" or whatever to only use the default 19 colors. We're not in 1998 anymore, it's time for some more color in our lives!

Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Wow, thanks. Never saw that. Made my day .
Old 05-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Sorry for not always answering to feature requests. There are so many ideas floating around that it's not always possible to do everything. Right now the goal is more to make the current version working fine and releasing it instead of adding tons of additional things which could delay the release of v6 again.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Sorry for not always answering to feature requests. There are so many ideas floating around that it's not always possible to do everything. Right now the goal is more to make the current version working fine and releasing it instead of adding tons of additional things which could delay the release of v6 again.
You should put up a bug tracker like BugZilla, so you can prioritize stuff that will go in v6 and won't. It would also be a lot easier to see all the feature requests made (and there wouldn't be duplicates).

Maybe give someone in GDT access to maintain/moderate the list for you.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I guess there would be some fighting about if the requested feature is important or not, I would put a lot of stuff into 'never' or 'in the far future'.