Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Server Maintenance
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 12:08 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, Nico is right. As far as I know we had to do our own backups. At the moment I have to do manual backups on Era.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:28 PM
samich will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to samich
A roll back system would be pretty awesome for server backups.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:47 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
I assume they are doing backups on the host level, guys. The MySQL (or whatever) databases probably get constantly backed up, in a much more efficient way than the horrible, bandwidth-guzzling tarball files we used to make.

It is just unfortunate that we're not entitled to these backup files, although I am sure they would be provided if we had a major issue, e.g. many files accidentally deleted.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
Smile

Last thing i heard is that you are spreading false rumors, but that's probably only rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Really? Last thing I heard was that nothing gets backupped anymore. And it SUPER complicated to get any backups too..
Maybe a backup system managers can use to set the server back to a certain date? Dunno
Old 09-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
Last thing i heard is that you are spreading false rumors, but that's probably only rumors
I am spartacus
Old 09-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
Thank you for clarifying and not bashing someone dedicated to improving Graal's game experience

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:38 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I know git was brought up in a few discussions with stefan, is this still in the works unixmad?
Old 09-15-2014, 07:03 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
although I am sure they would be provided if we had a major issue, e.g. many files accidentally deleted.
Correct.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:16 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Thank you for clarifying and not bashing someone dedicated to improving Graal's game experience
Pfft, who cares! I am loving this hostility. Not even kidding.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Nope, I only added the three original items. Didn't see a reason to add more since GraalOnline was already making a lot of money and still ignoring us and all the problems we had (especially wrt server issues).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
The additional hotkeys item was from MD, I don't think anything else was added during that timeframe or any kind of recently at all
You was hardly even staff on Era when I was staff how do you know what i added? You was hardly even a player at that time. Are you still a Useless Era float with useless position?

Regarding Backups, it was really easy to contact Unximad ([email protected]) to gain the backups and the SQL DBs for UN, he uploaded them the very next day. But it would really come in handy to be able to quickly pick and select your files, if it was automatically uploaded to github. You could also easily see changes made within scripts.

-He also checks http://support.toonslab.com/ frequently
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 09-15-2014, 11:18 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
@MD, a day is too long. If something breaks it needs to be fixed as soon as a problem is found.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Considering the 'only' change to the gelat shop since forever is the macro upgrade (which can clearly be checked by logging onto era and clicking shop) I'd say it's accurate.

I was referring only to gelat shop changes. But thank you, in your infinite insecurity, for deciding that making fun of the work I did was your best bet.
Mad respect. rly
rly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
I know git was brought up in a few discussions with stefan, is this still in the works unixmad?
That looks pretty great

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
You was hardly even staff on Era when I was staff how do you know what i added? You was hardly even a player at that time. Are you still a Useless Era float with useless position?
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 09-16-2014, 06:33 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Darlene, this is bullying.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:07 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Hmm, MD we paid you a lot of money to work for us and you basically wasted another year's worth of a dev server. Please don't cast stones.
Closed Thread