Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
He's saying graal tos gives him the right to ban without warning; I'm saying the same tos gives un the same rights to do the same thing.
The Graal ToS I was referring to was hacking, which gives you an advantage to do whatever you want and makes the game unfair to others.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
What is this business about limiting your rights? As long as you behave maturely I don't ever see you even encountering the rule system on UN. If you don't behave maturely then what can you say? You deserve to get punished. It is as simple as that.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
What is this business about limiting your rights? As long as you behave maturely I don't ever see you even encountering the rule system on UN. If you don't behave maturely then what can you say? You deserve to get punished. It is as simple as that.
Because UN is clearly known for it's highly mature and sophisticated image

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Because UN is clearly known for it's highly mature and sophisticated image
We have all played UN and know what type of people play it, rules being enforced strictly probably helps the server rather than hurts it. If we let the players do what they wanted to do this game would probably be a crappier version of Gary's mod and a turn off to new players.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
We have all played UN and know what type of people play it, rules being enforced strictly probably helps the server rather than hurts it. If we let the players do what they wanted to do this game would probably be a crappier version of Gary's mod and a turn off to new players.
Do you mind me asking how confident you are in this statement?

Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
The Graal ToS I was referring to was hacking, which gives you an advantage to do whatever you want and makes the game unfair to others.
Ya and what I'm saying is the very ToS that says you can be banned for hacking because it's unfair says you can be banned at any time for no reason. All I'm saying is UN's ToS isn't going against the same ToS everyone agrees to when they signed up for Graal, so I don't see the problem.

And again, these are things that were all applicable(and apparently in place for an entire year) that no one ever even knew about. Just reinforcing my stance that it's no big deal.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
All I'm saying is UN's ToS isn't going against the same ToS everyone agrees to when they signed up for Graal, so I don't see the problem.
Very true, but at the same time, this isn't on topic, but my question is this.

How many people actually read through that ToS at all back then when they agreed to it?
I also doubt many can actually remember. Anything presented nowadays would probably be by recent glances.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Very true, but at the same time, this isn't on topic, but my question is this.

How many people actually read through that ToS at all back then when they agreed to it?
I also doubt many can actually remember. Anything presented nowadays would probably be by recent glances.
ToS agreements can always be viewed at a later time, so even if a user agrees without reading the terms they can always go back and look at them later.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
ToS agreements can always be viewed at a later time, so even if a user agrees without reading the terms they can always go back and look at them later.
But do you expect them to naturally go and read the ToS without having a reason to need to know..?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
But do you expect them to naturally go and read the ToS without having a reason to need to know..?
Nope. It's there for reference. So that you can go back and look at it if you need to.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:32 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not sure why you think they're responsible for making sure someone actually reads the ToS. Then again would it matter? Would you read it if they listed it right there when you have to click to accept it? Would you read it if they made it so that you can't click that you accept until you scrolled to the bottom?

In the end ToS aren't as binding as people think they are. Courts know that companies bull**** around with ToS and most things in ToS are only there to dissuade a costumer from pursuing legal action; and it works.

I still don't see the issue here. This ToS has been in place for a year apparently. Did you notice a sudden and abrupt change a year ago that this thread is proposing would happen as all the players rights are stripped away?

And I agree with it. People deserve to be punished without warning. Warnings are a privilege. I know many players on Graal are *******s and trolls that try to skirt the rules to the best of their ability and get away with as much as they can. Again, someone with a long history of being a nuisance player, but never actually breaking the rules but always walking a fine line deserves to be more severely punished(and possibly with no warning) than a player who commits their first offense for something minor like accidentally getting worked up and cursing.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva
I know many players on Graal are *******s and trolls that try to skirt the rules to the best of their ability and get away with as much as they can.
Well put.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Not sure why you think they're responsible for making sure someone actually reads the ToS. Then again would it matter? Would you read it if they listed it right there when you have to click to accept it? Would you read it if they made it so that you can't click that you accept until you scrolled to the bottom?
It does matter if you read it, because that's what the intention of the ToS is for, if you're aware of the rules, you are unable to argue against a wrongdoing if you're in violation. If it is a legitimate violation claim, then yes this is perfectly fine, no arguments on it, but what about a false positive, so to speak? If they hadn't read it, they couldn't properly defend, but I think this is just my own opinion based on a hypothetical, so feel free to agree or disagree.

About your questions though, I can see where you're directing this, people are ignorant towards things in their way for their desire to play and I'll probably not be an exception.
But when I get on Graal, I'm aware that there are risky rules that can be touched upon, so on here, I do read. Usually when it's a different game, one that does not focus on social interactions as much as Graal. I will usually stick to proper etiquette and manners.

Quote:
In the end ToS aren't as binding as people think they are. Courts know that companies bull**** around with ToS and most things in ToS are only there to dissuade a costumer from pursuing legal action; and it works.
Mhm, that's true.

Quote:
I still don't see the issue here. This ToS has been in place for a year apparently. Did you notice a sudden and abrupt change a year ago that this thread is proposing would happen as all the players rights are stripped away?
I wasn't really on Graal for the year that is being spoken up, I barely visited the game, with UN, I believe I merely posted on their forum(here and UN's in-game forums) and chatted to friends through PM. But as for people suddenly having trouble, I think there was trouble from those who spoke to me, but again, I can't really speak of that because it's trivial now.

Quote:
And I agree with it. People deserve to be punished without warning. Warnings are a privilege. I know many players on Graal are *******s and trolls that try to skirt the rules to the best of their ability and get away with as much as they can. Again, someone with a long history of being a nuisance player, but never actually breaking the rules but always walking a fine line deserves to be more severely punished(and possibly with no warning) than a player who commits their first offense for something minor like accidentally getting worked up and cursing.
Warnings are a privilege, I can agree to that. Does that mean they should be entirely disregarded? Because the way I'm reading this, it feels like you are stating it should be.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
It does matter if you read it, because that's what the intention of the ToS is for, if you're aware of the rules, you are unable to argue against a wrongdoing if you're in violation. If it is a legitimate violation claim, then yes this is perfectly fine, no arguments on it, but what about a false positive, so to speak? If they hadn't read it, they couldn't properly defend, but I think this is just my own opinion based on a hypothetical, so feel free to agree or disagree.
To agree to any terms implies that you have read them, whether or not you did. But I am not a lawyer, so I can't really elaborate on such a thing.

Quote:
Warnings are a privilege, I can agree to that. Does that mean they should be entirely disregarded? Because the way I'm reading this, it feels like you are stating it should be.
Hmm? But they're not being entirely disregarded. Simply stating staff have no obligation to give you a warning prior to further punishment, and they don't. Chances are however that staff still heavily hand out more warnings than actual punishment, not that I can back that up with stats though.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
To agree to any terms implies that you have read them, whether or not you did. But I am not a lawyer, so I can't really elaborate on such a thing.
I get what you're saying, but what I'm saying is that people don't entirely understand that. That's why these agreements are such bull**** to cover their own ends.

Quote:
Hmm? But they're not being entirely disregarded. Simply stating staff have no obligation to give you a warning prior to further punishment, and they don't. Chances are however that staff still heavily hand out more warnings than actual punishment, not that I can back that up with stats though.
I'm not saying that as a general fact, I'm saying from your point of view that they should be by the way you see them. Nothing being held against you, I'm merely curious about how you see that.