Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 AM
greggiles has a spectacular aura about
Age Online Screenshots

AGE ONLINE

Just wanted to give a few screen shots of what I have been working on.

As most of you know, I am not the best coder out there. But I am trying to learn! This may not be the place to do it but I wanna give a big thanks to all the people who have replied to my threads giving good advice and helping me with my problems.

Now as far as my server goes, it's an Action MMORPG.
I'm making a combat system with combos (arcade style) and a vast world ready to explore. Although my server is deep in development, I like to tell myself it will be successful.

image sharing

Old 12-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
That looks really nice.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Quote:
That looks really nice.
Thanks! Especially coming from an artist like yourself
Old 12-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Lol what, awesome xd how can I log onto?

**** im in love with this lowpolyness!

Old 12-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Lol what, awesome xd how can I log onto?
Only I will be able to log onto it until I don't feel self conscious about my server. haha.
nah but I don't wanna open until player has something to do besides walk around. I want players to log on and stay, not log on, walk around, then leave of boredom.

But I'll take you wanna log on as a compliment.

On a side note: You won't see 'Age Online' on server list because I'm still waiting for stefan to check his email
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i like it
Old 12-17-2012, 02:47 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Cant wait to see more!!!!!!

What do you need from Stefan?

Old 12-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Cant wait to see more!!!!!!

What do you need from Stefan?
2 things.
1, a server name change. And 2, I'm home from college for break, and I need my RC IP reset so I can work at home. Haven't been able to make progress in the last 3 days
Old 12-17-2012, 03:08 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggiles View Post
2 things.
1, a server name change. And 2, I'm home from college for break, and I need my RC IP reset so I can work at home. Haven't been able to make progress in the last 3 days
The PWA can handle a name change (typically Stefan just handles the more serious server issues). The PWA can also handle your IP ranges, but you should be able to do that yourself now. Check the email you use with Graal and see if you got a message like this:

Old 12-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
The PWA can handle a name change (typically Stefan just handles the more serious server issues). The PWA can also handle your IP ranges, but you should be able to do that yourself now. Check the email you use with Graal and see if you got a message like this:
Ohh thank you. Now I feel bad about emailing stefan.

I'm a noooooooob
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
If you're prerendering 3D objects then it would be interesting to use this to your advantage. You have a 3D tree for example, why not have a couple of copies of it from different angles so every tree doesn't look exactly the same? You can also do the same thing with scale/zoom.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:27 AM
Quote:
If you're prerendering 3D objects then it would be interesting to use this to your advantage. You have a 3D tree for example, why not have a couple of copies of it from different angles so every tree doesn't look exactly the same? You can also do the same thing with scale/zoom.
It's funny you should mention that because before I left off, I was doing that
Want to get that '3D' feel from the player

And actually how it is, is depending on where you are around the tree, sets the rotation of it
Old 12-17-2012, 04:32 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Pretty sweet attempt man, try to incorporate some sort of level design and you've got yourself a game plan.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggiles View Post
And actually how it is, is depending on where you are around the tree, sets the rotation of it
Ah well that doesn't quite make a lot of sense. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but if the tree is rotating while the rest of the world is static(like the ground) that seems very wrong. 3D in this sense should be used to provide variation, not to try to mimic a 3D world.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
Loving the character design. I'd like to see its animations. Have you thought about tweaking the tiles to perhaps turning down the graininess to match the trees?

I also like the low poly tree.

Zenkou for life