Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Gani Construction
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
greggiles has a spectacular aura about
Alternate Animation Editor

I like to consider myself pretty skilled in the art of Graal Animation.
But I was always wondering if there were other ways to play animations beside gani editor.

On a side note, I am getting tired of making sprite sheets for one image just in different rotations. Like a sword rotated every other 30 degrees. Like a flashgame editor, is there a way to rotate one Attr[] via gani editor?

This question is what is leading me to ask the first question about an alternate editor. Making all these sprite sheets is becoming tiresome and i feel like there is a more efficient way.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
InfamousPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousPride
I tend to slack off and throw the image in any application you can rotate images in. Saves time and all you have to do is clean up the edges slightly.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:33 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Atlantis uses a single sprite and rotate and stretch effects.

You have to use a text editor to implement the effects though, so it's better to make a placeholder image then replace the sprites with the ones with your sprite effects.
Attached Files
File Type: gani at_sword.gani (17.9 KB, 145 views)
Old 12-16-2012, 09:51 PM
greggiles has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Atlantis uses a single sprite and rotate and stretch effects.

You have to use a text editor to implement the effects though, so it's better to make a placeholder image then replace the sprites with the ones with your sprite effects.
writing all the rotations seems more tedious and time consuming than what I'm doing now :/

Wish it was so simple where you can just click and rotate in editor. But we don't live in an easy world haha. But I was thinking about running some sprites through maybe showImg with rotation effects but I'm afraid the parts will lag behind too much

I just wish there was another editor I could use

PS to fowlplay, your signature picture scares me....
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggiles View Post
writing all the rotations seems more tedious and time consuming than what I'm doing now :/

Wish it was so simple where you can just click and rotate in editor. But we don't live in an easy world haha. But I was thinking about running some sprites through maybe showImg with rotation effects but I'm afraid the parts will lag behind too much

I just wish there was another editor I could use

PS to fowlplay, your signature picture scares me....
Rotating sprites in Graalshop would be an excellent improvement. To achieve that kind of effect, you would need to do what atlantis does, or have access to Boilerplate

Zenkou for life
Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
This is what I did. For the record, the gani is entirely my work. I calculated the required angles, used a placeholder sword and rotated it several times and saved all the sprites in a sheet. I then created the gani. Once I was done, I edited it with a text editor, fixed the sprite coordinates so all used the same sprite and added rotations/stretch effects where required.

It was quite a bit of work, but worth it.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
On Delteria we use a program call rotsprite.exe
It easily rotates all our weapon since each of our weapons contain about 20 sprites each.

Here is a snapshot

http://i45.tinypic.com/208xo55.png

It should really be called rotation for dummys lol

Outcome results,

http://i49.tinypic.com/x1ha80.png

Its actual a program to rotate sprites for sonic the hedgehog but it works awsome for graal sprite rotations.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
This is what I did. For the record, the gani is entirely my work. I calculated the required angles, used a placeholder sword and rotated it several times and saved all the sprites in a sheet. I then created the gani. Once I was done, I edited it with a text editor, fixed the sprite coordinates so all used the same sprite and added rotations/stretch effects where required.

It was quite a bit of work, but worth it.
How exactly do you know where to add the effects in the text file? I see there's a bunch of ROTATEEFFECT using different sprite indexes but how is it determined at which point these should come into effect within the gani? Also how does it know which direction these effects would be applied to? Say I used sprite index 200 while the character was facing left, but than also used that same sprite in the facing right part of the gani, yet the sprites are applied differently within.. would it still use that same ROTATEEFFECT that was meant for the original left direction? I don't really get what's going on. XD