Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb GK Businesses and Roleplay ideas

I know this has been discussed long ago by a few people. But nobody has thought to sit down and add onto it.

Misty Mug Tavern is successfull business on main isle, and still running. What I have been noticing is the servers slow decline in playercount. Well that can be fixed if players have a reason to actually play. Alot of people have so much free time, I get asked by about 10 players when I put my MMT tag on if they can work there.

Recently I asked Sam about maybe upgrading the Tavern, like adding to it, perhaps a card room. Well thats what got me thinking when I heard about a few players that want to open a blacksmith like business on main.

This really could be a neat idea and actually promote roleplay and get a few more players to actually want to player on GK. I would even be willing to help build the place they could work in, it would be something like MMT with its backroom.

I know that new players are always asking for new swords and armour, well a business like this could keep players busy and help out the new players on GK. It could also help those players that want to build a house on some kingdom island. Them 300 nails tend to be a tedious task to make.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
I think it would improve roleplay if there would be a rp concept for whole main and all kingdoms, the kinds have to fit into.

Currently rp is only random online theater on graal kingdom, thats why it is not accepted, it doesnt help you.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
So long as the blacksmith was a hub of new items, say every month (not necessarily AMAZING items, they could just be neat or fun) I'm all for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux
Currently rp is only random online theater on graal kingdom, thats why it is not accepted, it doesnt help you.
I Detest RP on Gk. Why?

No one is willing to RP the average Joe doing his average Joe thing. They all want to be the successful elf champion who rules the seven elfish worlds... or whatever it is elfs do. And if it's not elfs, it's Pirates, and if it's not Pirates it's Samurai.

When I RP, I like being the drunken idiot whose parents were too poor and stupid to raise him properly, so he doesn't know what to do with himself, and has no money to do anything even if he did.

Another thing about "RP" on GK which I hate is that no one discusses what they're going to do with their character. It's no longer a story, but more of a fable which they make up as they go. What fun is that?

You should discuss your ideas with others long before you "role play" them.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
There needs to be more things to do on GK. The only reason I decided to come back and play GK again is the events and kingdom events, even these aren't very popular anymore

I mean, there needs to be more things to use up excess time instead of just sitting in bomb trade for hours on end
Old 07-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Tįri o Taurė
Yes you could have the blacksmith be a part of events to release new items as well. It could have alot of items to be sold there like new armour and weapons. Or you could atleast let them sell the basic equipment, and have it like a showcase area to put items on display so people know what they are buying.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:18 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
I already thought of some other Tavern. So the Misty Mug is not the only one in Bomboria. Could be quite interesting.
So if someone is interested just contact me.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Yeah, I think thats a good idea Bjorn. It would encourage competition between multiple businesses
Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Emily_Cruddas is on a distinguished road
speaking of the blacksmith idea, maybe there could be class specific weapons and armor crafted by the workers? This could add a little incentive for someone to pick a class like the thief again.

And the option to make shields matching the many colored armor that are out now, like a light blue shield to match plate mail of power and a gold shield for gold plate mail?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:46 PM
More craftable items would be nice, but I don't think rare items should be handed out like in the past as this just destroys the economy >.<
Old 07-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Tįri o Taurė
I'd like to see different professions that people could take a shot at. Other then cooking.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit
I'd like to see different professions that people could take a shot at. Other then cooking.
There's farming, and horse breeding.

Would be cool if horses had attributes like.. speed, and stamina (give them the ability to run and this determines how long they can run for) and strengths (much like the player's strength - how much they can carry before they slow down).

I think that's a fairly easy modification, and could bring some interest to horse racing/breeding.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:51 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I was just sitting there in the tavern thing and tipped ladyshadowzero or however her account name is spelt in an RP manner. I "rp" the average jo :[
Old 07-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Tįri o Taurė
ZH, I'm trying to be nice to you, quit digging your grave. XD

I was meaning real professions that people can actually make some sort of money out of it.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:14 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
This could either go along with or be seperate from the Blacksmith idea.

Basically the items that you are able to craft are really rare/dead items that restock and randomize like a normal shop. However, they are worth their value. For example, a BDA would take 2 BDAF's (can be crafted beforehand), 50 EC's, 25 sapphires, and blah blah blah.

This was Draenin's Event Coin Shop idea in a nutshell... but it never got anywhere so I figured I'd just throw it out there.

Basically it gives everyone atleast a chance at these rare/dead items without there being an abundance of them in the economy.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:34 AM
Emily_Cruddas is on a distinguished road
Man, that IS a good idea, being able to obtain nearly everything with enough time sounds nice, holding tons of events and eventually EC could be seen traded and sold often, maybe really fancy events could be thought of?

Boat races on a special map?

Last man standing event, but instead of dodging other players. have a few spellcasting monsters on the walls that shoot at everyone?

A new maze where you can SEE everything, but if you go down a wrong path a nonmoving bigworm eats you as you walk near? (disable items so it could be a tad fair for everyone maybe, that way folks don't just get chomped and brush it off, they have a risk of dying if they hit too many wrong turns) Just a few thoughts i had.