Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2003, 05:30 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Current Status of Graal Bomy Moon

Well, it seems Graal Bomy Moon will be going under some serious changes in the next few weeks. As some have read, and some haven't, Jeff has resigned; this meaning a new manager(s?) is in order. I have acknowledged that you people want to see Tseng as the future manager of the server, as I do. I recently stumbled into a meeting with Stefan and a few of the other staffers. Anyway, we are deciding what direction the server should be going. I'd like to know some of your ideas on the issue. Currently Stefan still needs to talk to unixmad about the classic status. Hopefully we can get everything arranged. So, I'll close with these words.

Expect the unexpected.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 05-13-2003, 08:12 PM
Prepare to be monopolized
Ghost Pirate is on a distinguished road
I hope the server turns to the direction of total Roleplaying. With the amount of people it will generate from classic, it could easily succeed.

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:43 PM
More often known as Karsh
Dude6252000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dude6252000
If it goes total RPing, ghostie, I quit. It wouldn't even be 2k1 then. x.x;

Anywhoo. If anyone ever elects me as manager, (Why you would, I have no idea.), I would take the chance, but I highly doubt I would do any good as one. I've never been in a management position, and I've been really busy with things IRL lately. In other words: Don't elect me, unless there's no one else to elect.

Note: If someone was already selected, I didn't know when I made this post, so don't yell at me. ;o

http://www.livejournal.com/users/karsheth/
Old 05-14-2003, 01:25 AM
my stapler..
MrCharles will become famous soon enough
Change it so people can go on for more than 15 seconds.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:15 AM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
ELECT MEEEEE.
...Nevermind.

Well, Tseng is the obvious winner.

I hope that Graal2k1 can go back to it's glorious, over 20person, old self. It probably can't go BACK, but it can get close. (Truth is, there's a server with "leeties" graphics and whatnot. Some people just ain't leaving.)
Old 05-14-2003, 04:41 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Leave it as is, balance of role-playing and economy.
Tseng for manager <3

Old 05-14-2003, 05:19 AM
Banned
magicbud3344 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to magicbud3344
i do think that it should still be party economy party role playing.
i mean hats and stuff is pretty fun, unless you did find some way for total RPing to work.
anyways
all i have to say is Ghost as the RP Admin as he was before, i think he did the best job.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:13 AM
My god you guys "OMG I LOVE ECONOMY YET I NEVER PLAY THE SERVER." Face the facts dude, economy like it has in the past HAS NOT WORKED. So don't tell me Your economy bullcrap is good or remotely fun. Sure it might be fun for 5 minutes or so. I mean hell...you guys play Graal: Kingdoms which "is/should be" total RPing. You guys are so closed minded its not even funny. Total Roleplaying will work..don't look at valikoria for a example of roleplaying...trust me I have stuff that certainly can fly if I'm given the ability to do it.

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
It's all about balance.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 05-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate
My god you guys "OMG I LOVE ECONOMY YET I NEVER PLAY THE SERVER." Face the facts dude, economy like it has in the past HAS NOT WORKED. So don't tell me Your economy bullcrap is good or remotely fun. Sure it might be fun for 5 minutes or so. I mean hell...you guys play Graal: Kingdoms which "is/should be" total RPing. You guys are so closed minded its not even funny. Total Roleplaying will work..don't look at valikoria for a example of roleplaying...trust me I have stuff that certainly can fly if I'm given the ability to do it.
Ghostie. Some people actually DO play 2k1 for the economy. It may not seem like it to you, but think of how greedy people are, and how much hats and stuff mean to them. But, it's no fun without more people and more updates. THAT'S why people don't play the server. Making the server total RPing is a waste, I mean, that would turn it from a mainly economy based and fun event server with a bit of RPing, to a total RPing mess.

Old 05-15-2003, 01:24 AM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
See my last post.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 05-15-2003, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dude6252000

Ghostie. Some people actually DO play 2k1 for the economy. It may not seem like it to you, but think of how greedy people are, and how much hats and stuff mean to them. But, it's no fun without more people and more updates. THAT'S why people don't play the server. Making the server total RPing is a waste, I mean, that would turn it from a mainly economy based and fun event server with a bit of RPing, to a total RPing mess.

Wait "economy based and fun event server" how is having to smash your finger up and down for around 10 hours to even get anything fun? Oh and your events? You new young bloods took 2k1 and throw it into the fire and pumped out a "WORK BASED SERVER." I also don't think you understand what total Roleplaying is Its pretty much REAL ROLEPLAYING, in a nutshell. Hell you don't even know what good it can be. I mean your so use to the current crap that is going on right now. Total "economic" mess is more like it.

Also when 2k1 was reset everybody was on it..yet people got bored of its "economic" bull crap and left...ECONOMY DOESN'T WORK ON 2001 PERIOD!

Also if you love Economy and all that crap...why do you play Graal: Kingdoms?

Old 05-15-2003, 02:00 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Total RPing would require things like throwing people in jail for PKing, which is quite simply too extreme.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:35 AM
Kingdoms is supposed to be a MUD-type-thing. THAT'S where massive RPing should be held. 2k1 was always more built on economy, I don't see what making it all RPing would do. A lot of the community wouldn't come back, like Farin, and many other PKers and economy lovers. Making the server all RPing is basically ripping what it used to be known for away from it, stamping a new thing on it, throwing in new rules, and calling it better than ever. It doesn't work like that. If you want a total RPing server, make one, but 2k1 will never be all RPing. Just stop trying to convince everyone to make it total RP. :|

Old 05-15-2003, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dude6252000
Kingdoms is supposed to be a MUD-type-thing. THAT'S where massive RPing should be held. 2k1 was always more built on economy, I don't see what making it all RPing would do. A lot of the community wouldn't come back, like Farin, and many other PKers and economy lovers. Making the server all RPing is basically ripping what it used to be known for away from it, stamping a new thing on it, throwing in new rules, and calling it better than ever. It doesn't work like that. If you want a total RPing server, make one, but 2k1 will never be all RPing. Just stop trying to convince everyone to make it total RP. :|

The Graal Evolutionary Track:

Events -> Roleplaying -> Economy

Events started with server
Roleplaying started with Medival (Dustari)
Collecting or what you guys like to call "economy" started with Hats

Maybe I should drop it..maybe I should cause everybody who wants roleplaying stop trying to make it on 2k1 and lets see what happens to it...Graal2001 will die again.