Old 05-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Over Nine THOUSAND!!!!!!!
davidpsy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to davidpsy
Re: Re: Re: my idea

Quote:
Originally posted by magicbud3344

donald you are missing the point.
the example you just gave is not comparable.
no one that is the owner of graal is going to be trying out for PWA.
and like i said before, what did you mean by

I ment that elections are not perfect... Meaning they allowed someone like Bill to get in to the white house.........

Forces greater than your self, can be over come.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by SingleChance

o: i never thought about the fact that people could use stuff from other's applications.
I still think it would be a good idea though to have people vote on who they would like to see in the PWA.
If they ever use a voting part, which i doubt, but they should only be able to vote for the people that are good. So applications sent in, and then they are reviewed, and maybe like 10 people are put up for a vote. The vote idea is good, but not posting applications on here. But the people up for vote could say why they want to join the team. But I think its fine how its done now. Else it would become a popularity contest, and not who has what skills.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:54 PM
Cynicism is on a distinguished road
If it were to be the "PWA leader's" choice in the end, then we can do without the public aspect of it all. It would only lead to arguing and bickering; which is something I'm sure Aftershock and Nemesis would much rather avoid.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Re: my idea

Quote:
yes i understand that PWA members have been picked ect.
and i just got an idea.
ok say next time you are going to look for a new PWA member, here is the way you can go about it.
start a sticked thread and it can be a campaign thread so to speak. have it so someone can post their application, why you should pick them, anything they want the community to know about them. keep this thread under heavy moderation and delete all non-application/tryout posts. each person who posts should only get 1 post in the thread this way they make a well thought out speech. a week later open some polls and the community can vote for who they think will be the best PWA member. maybe you could have it so you can pick up to 2 or 3 members you want on from least to favorite. i know some of you say it would be a popularity contest, but that is how president elections are too. anyways, well you do that. then the PWA Leaders (nem or aftershock) would see who the highist voted are, see who had the best applications, and then after all of that make their choice on who to hire. even if someone didn't have the most votes, they could still hire them. basicly it would still be their choice ultimantly but it would also give them some information on how the community feels about the people who are running.
Um, sorry, but you know nothing about how the founding fathers actually set up the election process do you (obviously not)? The popular vote does have some effect, but its the votes from the Electoral College that actually count. In fact, the number of votes from each state could go the opposite way of the popular vote if they wanted to but that wouldn't exactly be a favorable thing to do now would it?
Old 05-09-2003, 04:02 AM
Banned
magicbud3344 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to magicbud3344
Re: Re: Re: Re: my idea

Quote:
Originally posted by davidpsy

I ment that elections are not perfect... Meaning they allowed someone like Bill to get in to the white house.........
well if you read what i posted i said that in the end the PWA leaders would really pick on who makes the PWA.

Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi

Um, sorry, but you know nothing about how the founding fathers actually set up the election process do you (obviously not)? The popular vote does have some effect, but its the votes from the Electoral College that actually count. In fact, the number of votes from each state could go the opposite way of the popular vote if they wanted to but that wouldn't exactly be a favorable thing to do now would it?
uh g yoshi, when did i say that what i posted is enirely based on the presidential elections? when i made the comment about that, i ment that people can vote but their votes don't 100% mean that the person is going to make it. which is how the presidentail elections work. i'm not saying it is 100% the way a presedintal election is, i'm just using some ideas from it, so there is really no need to treat me like a lesser person.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910

Why should people get a free ride? Someone would just take all the best bits from about 50 applications to make theirs best. Also people would flame each other if they used the same sort of things.
and also to spark, yes people could ripp off other's stuff which is why, i'm not sure if there is this kind of option, but have it so you can post yur aplpication but you cannot read the thread, then say a week or so later when tryouts are closed, the thread is opened for reading but closed for posting. (of corse before it is opened moderators can delete all spam posts ect.)

i hope this makes it sound a little better
Old 05-10-2003, 07:41 AM
is watching you
screen_name is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to screen_name Send a message via MSN to screen_name
Why not just have people send applications, then after the deadline is reached, they pick up to ten or so and create a poll. In the poll, there should of course be the applicants names, but in the thread body, there should be the applications and such.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Forbidden
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my idea

Quote:

uh g yoshi, when did i say that what i posted is enirely based on the presidential elections? when i made the comment about that, i ment that people can vote but their votes don't 100% mean that the person is going to make it. which is how the presidentail elections work. i'm not saying it is 100% the way a presedintal election is, i'm just using some ideas from it, so there is really no need to treat me like a lesser person.
Sorry. You seemed to be making a cheap shot so I felt inclined to respond

Anyway, about Screen_Name's idea...NO. People will still pick whoever is thier buddy or friend rather than on overall merit. It will just be one big mess. Remove the selection process from the public so that it will be easier to determine who's in and who's out.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:41 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Wasn't the idea so people could see other people's application so there would be less accusations?
Old 05-10-2003, 10:46 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by Mykel
Wasn't the idea so people could see other people's application so there would be less accusations?
Okay then, say you don't personally know ANY of the 10 up for vote. You would still pick the one you have heard the most about, and that would be someone like Kai for example as people know his name.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by Mykel
So? That's the fault of others. Claiming such a thing is used mostly for malintent purposes and does nothing more than cause trouble (which is what is accomplished everytime). If people want to believe such things, then let them.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:10 PM
is watching you
Gregory, the reason why I said what I did was because people were talking about taking parts of other applications and such. It had nothing to do with popularity contest.

Perhaps another way of doing it. Applications sent in, top ten picked, create a poll, post applications, but remove all names. Not sure if that would work any better, but it's a thought.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by screen_name
Gregory, the reason why I said what I did was because people were talking about taking parts of other applications and such. It had nothing to do with popularity contest.

Perhaps another way of doing it. Applications sent in, top ten picked, create a poll, post applications, but remove all names. Not sure if that would work any better, but it's a thought.
People would privatly say Vote# is mine, until everyone knows who everyone is.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:58 PM
is watching you
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910

People would privatly say Vote# is mine, until everyone knows who everyone is.
Well ****. >.>
Old 05-11-2003, 01:09 AM
Forbidden
It is not something that needs to be public. If it were players would wind up picking only those who will give them special stuff or could block potential competition. We have that enough on the servers, do we really need it here? Yes, something like this would be dealt with accordingly, but why rush right into it? That makes no sense at all.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:45 AM
Banned
magicbud3344 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to magicbud3344
bah now that i think about what all of you have said, your right.
this idea wouldn't really work becuase in the end people would vote for thier friends, i mean, they could just say hey i am application number 1 2 or 3, you get my point?
and plus the management of the PWA knows how to do things so just forgit my idea :P