Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-26-2012, 08:33 PM
greggiles has a spectacular aura about
IOS/Facebook

I have been out of the "Graal loop" for quite awhile now. I have been thinking about going back into development with the friendly GS2 community and help keep this game thriving with new content. But I had a question I can't seem to find the answer to. Will there ever been a Playerworld server list for the Iphone? Or a server list for facebook? I feel like if there were a way to combine the players running the facebook app, and people running the Graalv6 client, the player base would be much higher. And I know there are other factors that make it seem improbable, like the content that downloads to the 'levels' folder that varies from server to server. But is there any hope in this idea?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The content downloads are not an issue, the performance is. The iPhone 4 and later run Graal decently, but they can't handle a server like Era which is poorly scripted.

I haven't heard anything from Stefan about plans for a server list, and I don't see one in the future, either.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:09 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Graal PC is being marketed as a Development Platform / Game. The work on iOS/Facebook is being marketed as a game. Stefan/unix are very keen on having the servers here "ported" to the other platforms.

The same development tools are used, you just need to understand the constraints of the environment you're developing for. You need to develop using event-driven code instead of the lazy fall back 20 (0.05s) FPS Timeouts (you can still use them but just not as much) that are currently used almost everywhere on Graal PC in multiple system scripts.

Your development focus should be on creating good gameplay/content not attempting to single-handedly "revive Graal PC" which will drive you completely insane.

If you're half decent at GS2 you can easily get hired on iEra though.

red dragons

Last edited by fowlplay4; 04-27-2012 at 05:09 AM.. Reason: red dragons
Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Ok, lets throw out the idea of Iphone player servers. I think they should make a playerworld list for people that want to connect through facebook, those that who are PC users though.

And I spoke to Omer from MMOhut.com about putting Graal on the website for a little more publicity.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The Facebook client (right now) is slower/less-featured than the iOS client.

red dragons
Old 04-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Hmmm, well that answers that. I do have one more question. Is it possible to make a stand alone, executable version of your server. For example, someone would download it, click the icon, and it brings you right to the server. Possible?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134259218
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=73191
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 PM
I know how to do that 0piX0. I am talking about a stand alone executable. Like a full downloadable version. So basically, it's a download that downloads the graal client, and puts your straight to the server. But now that I think about it, there is the issue of logging in as a guest or member :/
Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM
team canada
no, only stefan can do that. what's your angle here?

red dragons
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Well using Zodiac as just an example: You go to fowlplay's website. zodiac.com. You click download. It downloads client and puts desktop icon on PC. You click icon and goes right to Zodiac. Of coarse you can still switch servers via F1.
This example being hypothetical---

See where I'm going with this?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
no driving no sleeping live it up like its the weekend
Old 04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
^
spam?