Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
True.. I also played Zone for a while but it got bored, Like a month ago i started going to GK and i found out its a fun game and now i still play it a little.

GK Is way more active then zone too, I think that if GK would be Classic that the playercount would raise by 50% of the current amount.

Another note.. Why did you guys add Bee-Outfits? Come on, who wants to be an bee omg?

Last edited by pooper200000; 05-03-2009 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Merged.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:31 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Zone, I just logged on.

I really like those edited urshankas with the ear flaps. I think I'm going to replace GK's newyear hat image with that.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Gani and GFX Creator
Minomato is on a distinguished road
I'm making the majority (if not all) of what's being updated, by the way, but the recolored "striped" bodies that have come out at this point are not mine. I have made more things, but whoever is uploading is not putting them all up at once, which has been agrivating me for the past week.

EDIT: If I wanted to make more stuff, I would. This server's been in the gutter, so I don't want to waste my time making stuff if no one is even going to bother with Zone. I'm not getting any reward for this, so don't expect there to be a valid reason for me to work my ass off for this server.

EDIT II: Having outfits for gold only is pretty lame and I doubt people would buy Gold JUST to look different, but it's just one of those things. You know what I'm sayin'?

Last edited by Minomato; 05-03-2009 at 11:15 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
the most needed update, such as balancing of guns, assigning gelat guns into classes and such, wont be the smartest one at this time, with such a diminished playercount, when the few players log on to find they can no longer use their fav guns in commando, there proberly gunna split, and definatly not gunna waste their money on gelats for guns they wont be able to use, bad times. we need something to make zone attractive and fun, not balanced and fair, right now anyway.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Gani and GFX Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff View Post
the most needed update, such as balancing of guns, assigning gelat guns into classes and such, wont be the smartest one at this time, with such a diminished playercount, when the few players log on to find they can no longer use their fav guns in commando, there proberly gunna split, and definatly not gunna waste their money on gelats for guns they wont be able to use, bad times. we need something to make zone attractive and fun, not balanced and fair, right now anyway.
Well, you see, the problem is that people are leaving because it's NOT balanced and fair. Not to mention, it's damn repeditive and once you've seen it all, it's not worth sticking around. Since everything can be rented, there's really no point in saving up money for everything. EXP only unlocks a small amount of weapons which people rarely use, anyway. The thing is, people need to be rewarded for wasting their time on this server. (I say wasting time, because at this point, that's pretty much all you're doing when there's 5 people on at 6:00 PM EST.)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minomato View Post
Well, you see, the problem is that people are leaving because it's NOT balanced and fair. Not to mention, it's damn repeditive and once you've seen it all, it's not worth sticking around. Since everything can be rented, there's really no point in saving up money for everything. EXP only unlocks a small amount of weapons which people rarely use, anyway. The thing is, people need to be rewarded for wasting their time on this server. (I say wasting time, because at this point, that's pretty much all you're doing when there's 5 people on at 6:00 PM EST.)
i think people are leaving because zone isnt fun, its development is slow, and dan seems to refuse to work on something big, which considering he gets paid to run zone, is kinda screwed.

something new, fun and enjoyable, like a unique planet, with a new tileset, maybe more teamwork, awesome futuristic balanced vehicles, some new rewards and such, could revive zone....not hats.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Wizard of the Hood
doyouskate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff View Post
i think people are leaving because zone isnt fun, its development is slow, and dan seems to refuse to work on something big, which considering he gets paid to run zone, is kinda screwed.

something new, fun and enjoyable, like a unique planet, with a new tileset, maybe more teamwork, awesome futuristic balanced vehicles, some new rewards and such, could revive zone....not hats.
I think it's more then that. Zone is too repetitive and people get bored and eventually leave. I don't think we need a new unique planet because Bunker obviously didn't work. We need something that remains fun that keeps the attention of players.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:43 AM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouskate View Post
I think it's more then that. Zone is too repetitive and people get bored and eventually leave. I don't think we need a new unique planet because Bunker obviously didn't work. We need something that remains fun that keeps the attention of players.
We could have a squad planet for the squads to fight over (Squad Event). The winner will get some weapon and keep it until the next squad event and wouldn't be able to use it in the event.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Wehec* Zone ET
noublipasa is on a distinguished road
I think adding win poinst to iricia would be a really good thing too because it would reduce base laming allot. Then add new weapons and make them like : the worst one, 50 Iricia wins the ok one 100 iricia wins... etc
This way newbies will come into the came and instead of being killed by 3 elites laming the base they will just go and takes bases.

Some people have a superman pajama. Superman has a Wehec pajama.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:21 AM
Gani and GFX Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by noublipasa View Post
I think adding win poinst to iricia would be a really good thing too because it would reduce base laming allot.
Okay, then we have the problem of people laming AFTER they get their prizes. Not to mention, the "three elites" will just go spawn camp anyway, while everyone else on their team takes the bases for them.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:09 AM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Zone needs objectives, like being able to buy guns or something new in the shop or maybe you could by hats in the shop or something.

THERE'S NOTHING TO DO ANYMORE BUT GET KILLED BY PHOTONS
Old 05-05-2009, 07:11 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Class weapons is going to be dumb, we just need to balance guns, fix bugs and then place enjoyable objectives and new systems into the game. Only way to prevent laming is well making you spawn in completely random spots, like at CTF.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Gani and GFX Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksage15 View Post
Zone needs objectives, like being able to buy guns or something new in the shop or maybe you could by hats in the shop or something.

THERE'S NOTHING TO DO ANYMORE BUT GET KILLED BY PHOTONS
Basically, after you've tried everything. (Which there isn't much to try. After all, you can only rent weapons with zone money, and the current ones aren't very exciting.) Events get repetitive, too.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Wehec* Zone ET
noublipasa is on a distinguished road
That's what I also said in the past : zone lacks objectives, after getting soldier and having red rifle or bluerifle there is not much to do on zone. Get medals ? Done.

Some people have a superman pajama. Superman has a Wehec pajama.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
I think Zones biggest problem is that its not any good. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
Class weapons is going to be dumb
Oh you mean the way Zone was when everyone loved it is going to be dumb? Smart one there buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minomato View Post
Well, you see, the problem is that people are leaving because it's NOT balanced and fair.
But theres also the problem that if we make things balanced and fair that will piss people off too. Not that I really care xD.