Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
The forums are dead because there are new online social gathering places for Graal players ran by players with more relaxed rules.
I sort of disagree. I do use another forums very frequently, but I come here just as much, and I think a lot of other people still do, too .
Old 06-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
There seems to have been a very stiff decline in threads created in all of the development forums. Unless you count the numerous pointless scripting ones, other than that things have been stagnant. The forums are going more in a general direction instead of being focused on the game itself; seeing as more and more posts are in the off-topic section than anything. I think it is time to implement an iphone section into the forums (I know it's a very unpopular idea). For reasons being you want to keep the players separate, but I think the forums could be a great way of getting iphone players interested in the other servers by seeing what the content is etc.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Development forums are slow, but stagnant moderation isn't helping. Believe it or not, good moderators that are active within the section are quite motivating for users.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
As far as needing more moderators, I really don't see a reason for it, with the exception of another supermoderator simply because Tig is head of the pwa and is busy, and maybe one for the scripting section.
Most of the forums have moderators.
The graphics forum could really use one. It's been one of the most active forums for years, and there's been several occasions where it could have used moderation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Believe it or not, good moderators that are active within the section are quite motivating for users.
Yeah, this is actually a pretty important point.

Quote:
The forums are dead because there are new online social gathering places for Graal players ran by players with more relaxed rules. As far as my moderating, I think I hand out more infractions than Darlene! (but she's less likely to give infractions, she moderates more than I do).

The biggest thing is that Graal is subdivided by server. Server managers want full control over their forums just as they have full control over their servers. These forums do not offer that, and we do not force servers to use the official Graal forums. There are ways to fix this, but it's way out of my or Darlene's hands.
You're both right and wrong. Even though there are many unofficial forums for Graal, a lot of people still see this as the main one, as it rightfully should be. Whenever someone needs help with graphics or scripts, I personally refer them here. Giving active Classic/Hosted playerwords a forum here should be a given, yet I was even denied one when Maloria went Classic. Personally I'd use these forums over maloria.com any day, simply because these are the official forums for Graal.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
The biggest thing is that Graal is subdivided by server. Server managers want full control over their forums just as they have full control over their servers. These forums do not offer that, and we do not force servers to use the official Graal forums. There are ways to fix this, but it's way out of my or Darlene's hands.
This is a very real problem. At least the top two most popular servers have active forums outside of the official ones, I'd bet the other playerworlds do as well. If these forums were easier to get started with (why do people have to register? why can't they just hit start > forums and be logged in automatically like they can with the Graal site?) and offered more for the server staff I think they'd be used more. For a long time Era used the official forums, but we finally gave up with them recently because it's so hard for the players to get access.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
This is a very real problem. At least the top two most popular servers have active forums outside of the official ones, I'd bet the other playerworlds do as well. If these forums were easier to get started with (why do people have to register? why can't they just hit start > forums and be logged in automatically like they can with the Graal site?) and offered more for the server staff I think they'd be used more. For a long time Era used the official forums, but we finally gave up with them recently because it's so hard for the players to get access.
It's really not hard to register...
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
There is a layer of confusion when it's actually your Graal account being used, but you still have to register an account/password/email. This is not normal for registering on forums. Though I imagine it may be out of Stefan/Unixmad's hands to link the Graal account database to vBulletin.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:09 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
There is a layer of confusion when it's actually your Graal account being used, but you still have to register an account/password/email. This is not normal for registering on forums. Though I imagine it may be out of Stefan/Unixmad's hands to link the Graal account database to vBulletin.
It's obviously sort of linked already since you have to have gold to even sign up.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:21 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's a lot more difficult than it should be. You have to register using your Graal account/community name and Graal password, which is silly by itself. Then you have to wait an arbitrary amount of time for somebody to approve it (why?) before your account is activated. New players won't know this and won't do it. History has shown that it's confusing to a lot of people

Upon registering a Graal account, a forum account should be created as well. This is easily possible to do with minimal scripting work. Account approval can be disabled; it's not needed on a forum this small and just deters people. The "Forums" link in the Start menu should direct you to a page that verifies the request and gives you a session cookie, just like the "Upgrade" link does, and lets you start using the forums immediately. There's no reason for it to be more complicated than that.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Lol, I had to be on the forums to log in, if I tried to log in from the Graal Website it would always say I was banned. Apparently my email was different or something..

I come on here less than the unofficial because most of the iPhone players are nicer. I can say this honestly because a lot of the PC players who have migrated there are still the ones ill mannered.

However, I do use this one due to it having a slightly player-count using it, and due to the fact it is more for development. Even though I must admit, I try to stay away from the development forums for the above mentioned reason.
I think the last few days are a good example why.

Furthermore, the unofficial forums have more leeway to teach, and there is even a thread section that doesn't relate to Graal that is easily accessible.

The logo even is more enticing..
I'm not even sure what the icon above the two A's is supposed to be... A bionicle?

Nevertheless, I still get on here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-06-17 at 8.52.20 PM.png
Views:	461
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	54847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-06-17 at 8.52.32 PM.png
Views:	479
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	54848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-06-17 at 8.56.40 PM.png
Views:	486
Size:	337.8 KB
ID:	54850  

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 06-18-2012, 03:46 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It's a lot more difficult than it should be. You have to register using your Graal account/community name and Graal password, which is silly by itself. Then you have to wait an arbitrary amount of time for somebody to approve it (why?) before your account is activated. New players won't know this and won't do it. History has shown that it's confusing to a lot of people

Upon registering a Graal account, a forum account should be created as well. This is easily possible to do with minimal scripting work. Account approval can be disabled; it's not needed on a forum this small and just deters people. The "Forums" link in the Start menu should direct you to a page that verifies the request and gives you a session cookie, just like the "Upgrade" link does, and lets you start using the forums immediately. There's no reason for it to be more complicated than that.
I check for new registrations daily, so there is never any wait, except for maybe a few hours. I dont understand the difficulty. Seems like it would be easier since you use the same account and password as the game itself to register. I am sure there are other ways of doing it, but still, I dont see how it is so difficult
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-18-2012, 04:16 AM
the KattMan
Quote:
I check for new registrations daily, so there is never any wait, except for maybe a few hours. I dont understand the difficulty. Seems like it would be easier since you use the same account and password as the game itself to register. I am sure there are other ways of doing it, but still, I dont see how it is so difficult
Well, it took me a few months to be able to sign up because of some stupid glitch. (I can't remember what it was.) So I can sort of understand where they are coming from. And it is, after all, another stupid thing they have to sign up for, which maybe daunts them a little bit. I agree that it isn't much of a hassle, but little things can drive people away :/
Old 06-18-2012, 04:31 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 AM
the fake one
Quote:
If it's difficult enough that people are confused by it, then it's too difficult. There's no reason that accounts can't be created on the forums at the same time they're created for the game. It can be streamlined and it should be.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:18 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Though I imagine it may be out of Stefan/Unixmad's hands to link the Graal account database to vBulletin.
.... isn't this how all of our personal info got leaked in the first place?