Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
The Forums

NOTE: I am in no way trying to bash or criticize the moderation, so please, read this with an open mind.

The forums are dead. Sure, we've known this for a few years now, but I'm not only talking about amount of posters (compared to the past). We barely have any active moderators in the vast majority of forums, and Darlene is the only active super moderator.

Looking at the "Global Staff Contacts" thread, there are a few errors. Skyld is listed as only member of the "GS-Team", which is a group that to my knowledge hasn't existed for years. I'm not sure what he actually should be listed as, he's... SUPER Skyld. Stephen is listed as the Zone Administrator, something he hasn't been for 1-1.5 years, maybe more. Tig is apparently a super moderator, but I don't think he's actually moderating anything aside from the GK forums.

Now, let's take a further look around and see what we can find...
  • There's a Global Scripting Team section. As I mentioned, the GST hasn't existed for quite a while. Last post that wasn't Snk trolling was from 2008.
  • The Wiki Administration Team should be named to something more fitting, such as Global News Administration Team
  • Half a decade from being on the Classic list later, Bomy Island still has a forum. Sentimental value? Certainly doesn't serve a purpose since it's not even being developed.

The development forums especially could use some moderators. The levels forum have Crono, he's been doing a decent job moderating so that's great. I'd recommend Dusty and Aeko as moderators for the graphics forum since it has none. Skyld and Tig are moderators of the scripting forum, but I'm not sure if either one of them have been very present the last months. In either case I'd recommend Chris as a moderator for that. We have one active person that specializes in ganis, and that's Fulg0reSama. I think he'd do an okay job at moderating.

I'd also like to mention the ~20 stickied threads in various sections that are no longer valid. More specialized moderators could definitely solve that though. Maybe even one or two more super moderators? You gotta start trusting more people Darlene!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, haven't you noticed that just about every gave up or doesn't care?

-Neg rep leaver; You mad?

Last edited by dude2020; 06-18-2012 at 12:47 AM..
Old 06-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Yeah, haven't you noticed that just about every gave up or doesn't care?
Some of us do care, though.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
good luck with that
Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Maybe even one or two more super moderators? You gotta start trusting more people Darlene!
It's not up to her anymore. If it were, it's likely I'd be a Super Moderator, myself. Instead I'm waiting on a response from Stefan as to whether or not he'd like another Super Moderator.

As for everything else, I guess it's a matter of perspective. Most of the parts that are still active still hold a fair bit of weight binding the forums to the game/server they correspond to whereas there is indeed a lot of dead or no-longer-valid forums and threads stickied that would better be seen the end of in acceptance that they're obviously not coming back and if they do, it'd actually be better to start fresh with fresh information.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 06-17-2012, 03:46 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
It really wouldn't be very difficult for sections to be fixed and moderators to be added, provided someone could have the right to fix them.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
The problem with removing moderators is that I dont know when people leave their positions. People leave and come into positions often, and I'm not always told.

As far as needing more moderators, I really don't see a reason for it, with the exception of another supermoderator simply because Tig is head of the pwa and is busy, and maybe one for the scripting section.
Most of the forums have moderators.

I do agree there are areas of the forum that need tweaking and cleaned up.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-17-2012, 07:17 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
The forums are dead because there are new online social gathering places for Graal players ran by players with more relaxed rules. As far as my moderating, I think I hand out more infractions than Darlene! (but she's less likely to give infractions, she moderates more than I do).

The biggest thing is that Graal is subdivided by server. Server managers want full control over their forums just as they have full control over their servers. These forums do not offer that, and we do not force servers to use the official Graal forums. There are ways to fix this, but it's way out of my or Darlene's hands.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 06-17-2012, 08:18 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
The problem with removing moderators is that I dont know when people leave their positions. People leave and come into positions often, and I'm not always told.

As far as needing more moderators, I really don't see a reason for it, with the exception of another supermoderator simply because Tig is head of the pwa and is busy, and maybe one for the scripting section.
Most of the forums have moderators.

I do agree there are areas of the forum that need tweaking and cleaned up.
Do you have rights to edit the theme and stuff? I think maybe we could do a community project to improve the general theme of the place.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The levels forum have Crono, he's been doing a decent job moderating so that's great.
Aw, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I think I hand out more infractions than Darlene! (but she's less likely to give infractions, she moderates more than I do).
It's true guys, it's true.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dathistory.png
Views:	585
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	54846  

Last edited by Crono; 06-17-2012 at 08:44 PM..
Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Skyld is listed as only member of the "GS-Team", which is a group that to my knowledge hasn't existed for years. I'm not sure what he actually should be listed as, he's... SUPER Skyld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx
Skyld and Tig are moderators of the scripting forum, but I'm not sure if either one of them have been very present the last months.
I am still watching the forums daily, and often moderate threads in the scripting forum. There hasn't been much activity in the scripting subforums in general though, because not many people seem to be developing anymore.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Do you have rights to edit the theme and stuff? I think maybe we could do a community project to improve the general theme of the place.
No
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Oh ya, graphic forums definitely don't need any type of moderation.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:12 PM
the KattMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
No
Oh :/ That stinks.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:38 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
I'd also like to mention the ~20 stickied threads in various sections that are no longer valid. More specialized moderators could definitely solve that though. Maybe even one or two more super moderators? You gotta start trusting more people Darlene!
I don't remember where, but I know many tutorials listed have either broken links or images.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Closed Thread