Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
The Forums

NOTE: I am in no way trying to bash or criticize the moderation, so please, read this with an open mind.

The forums are dead. Sure, we've known this for a few years now, but I'm not only talking about amount of posters (compared to the past). We barely have any active moderators in the vast majority of forums, and Darlene is the only active super moderator.

Looking at the "Global Staff Contacts" thread, there are a few errors. Skyld is listed as only member of the "GS-Team", which is a group that to my knowledge hasn't existed for years. I'm not sure what he actually should be listed as, he's... SUPER Skyld. Stephen is listed as the Zone Administrator, something he hasn't been for 1-1.5 years, maybe more. Tig is apparently a super moderator, but I don't think he's actually moderating anything aside from the GK forums.

Now, let's take a further look around and see what we can find...
  • There's a Global Scripting Team section. As I mentioned, the GST hasn't existed for quite a while. Last post that wasn't Snk trolling was from 2008.
  • The Wiki Administration Team should be named to something more fitting, such as Global News Administration Team
  • Half a decade from being on the Classic list later, Bomy Island still has a forum. Sentimental value? Certainly doesn't serve a purpose since it's not even being developed.

The development forums especially could use some moderators. The levels forum have Crono, he's been doing a decent job moderating so that's great. I'd recommend Dusty and Aeko as moderators for the graphics forum since it has none. Skyld and Tig are moderators of the scripting forum, but I'm not sure if either one of them have been very present the last months. In either case I'd recommend Chris as a moderator for that. We have one active person that specializes in ganis, and that's Fulg0reSama. I think he'd do an okay job at moderating.

I'd also like to mention the ~20 stickied threads in various sections that are no longer valid. More specialized moderators could definitely solve that though. Maybe even one or two more super moderators? You gotta start trusting more people Darlene!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto