Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
It's a one-way exchange. Once you trade your plat for nc you can't trade back.
Works just fine trading with other people.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:55 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Works just fine trading with other people.
Trading anything with anyone is easier said than done, most days. Especially when there are 10 people online, and 9 of them are idling.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
Trading anything with anyone is easier said than done, most days. Especially when there are 10 people online, and 9 of them are idling.
Yep or they don't want what your trading. If you plan on force spawning you cannot do so with anything but plat, gold or silver. So yeah you then limit your resources since you could just trade plat and if they want nc they can just buy it themself. I don't know about most people but I run a low wright player setup so I can support enormous amounts of plats if needed.. maybe the problem isn't carrying to much plat but to many items you don't need to.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I don't know about most people but I run a low wright player setup so I can support enormous amounts of plats if needed.. maybe the problem isn't carrying to much plat but to many items you don't need to.
Just carry a couple hundred dopv, it's virtually weightless and has a known conversion rate (like 144plat/dust iirc). I've been doing this for years, my weight has never reduced my speed unless I was specifically moving loads of items around.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I am currently carrying about 100k plat and near 8200 DoPV on my persons.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I don't carry much weight on my player like I said I aim for under 400kg. I also wear primarily speed gear and str. Because I rock a might hammer and other stuff I'm at 29 str and 30 dex I hardly ever see my speed drop.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I'm always RIGHT under the weight cap of like 1100ish with 30 STR.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:35 AM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Just carry a couple hundred dopv, it's virtually weightless and has a known conversion rate (like 144plat/dust iirc). I've been doing this for years, my weight has never reduced my speed unless I was specifically moving loads of items around.
Well, I was carrying around 800 DoPV, and another 40-60k plat, usually.

It would be nice if we had a currency exchange where, say, we could trade plat for nihils, but then be able to trade nihils back down into plat at a proper rate, if we needed the plat.

Some sort of linear currency that is lightweight and universally accepted for trade.

IMO, we need a static vendor for some things, like Diamonds. It's a silly thing to farm, since people need literally thousands of them.

I mean, Metalforge has a bank that acts like a static shop, where you can just exchange plat directly for diamonds. What is the reason we aren't making currency exchange simpler? Are we deliberately trying to keep the game tedious? How much lower does the player count have to drop before we open the gameplay up a bit?

Stuff like, the EC shop, items costing 100+ EC, yet, I think it's been 2-3 days since anyone has really hosted events... and when events get hosted, the rewards are rarely EC. Good luck trading for EC, nobody wants to sell them.

GK has seen a lot of improvements, but the economy is still stale from the years of items being ridiculously inaccessible.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:54 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
I really don't understand why Graal Kingdoms hasn't added a WoW style currency counter. Gold, Silver and Platinum. It'd be easy as hell to create and it would definitely shut everybody here up once and for all.

Literally, add a counter on the bottom or pretty much anywhere on the inventory, and make plat 100% weightless. Boom, problem solved.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
I really don't understand why Graal Kingdoms hasn't added a WoW style currency counter. Gold, Silver and Platinum. It'd be easy as hell to create and it would definitely shut everybody here up once and for all.

Literally, add a counter on the bottom or pretty much anywhere on the inventory, and make plat 100% weightless. Boom, problem solved.
When you make items weightless they cannot be dropped on the ground. And it will badly glitch your inventory. I tested this on debug and the only resolution to the problem is to reset your account to fix it. Which is stupid. You would literally have to change how currency is completely from scratch and that would break every last script on the server that uses plat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
I mean, Metalforge has a bank that acts like a static shop, where you can just exchange plat directly for diamonds. What is the reason we aren't making currency exchange simpler? Are we deliberately trying to keep the game tedious? How much lower does the player count have to drop before we open the gameplay up a bit?

GK has seen a lot of improvements, but the economy is still stale from the years of items being ridiculously inaccessible.
lol, in 2003 when I started GK. There were half a dozen combined war hammers. The black battle axe thing (forget the name) was like a couple of a kind. Inferno sword was a elite status symbol and if you had RoW's you were a God. You won items by winning events not buying them with a trade currency. And average player count was in the 80's. When trials logged off and back on there accounts completely reset losing all items and stats.

in 2014 these items are a dime a dozen and bought with event coins. and can be gotten with ease. And the average player count is in the 20's. When trials log off they are treated the same as gold accounts. There is no discrimination.

Can you explain why a game goes free, and makes items easier to obtain and the player count drops 75%?

I personally blame the fact everyone is level 110 and everyone asks for help leveling and just uses party to level now. The only way to fix it is a reset and that will tick everyone off and the 20 people that do play will stop, while the new players will come on and feel like equals instead of lessors.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:36 AM
the Professional.
Quote:
I personally blame the fact everyone is level 110 and everyone asks for help leveling and just uses party to level now. The only way to fix it is a reset and that will tick everyone off and the 20 people that do play will stop, while the new players will come on and feel like equals instead of lessors.
What about making a clone server? Lock the crypt and the xmas dungeon and only allow them as events, IE xmas and holloween, disable parties, and everyone can start over on an even field.

Of course, that would require more staff, we already have a hard enough time just getting someone to host events. Nevermind creating new content.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
I personally blame the fact everyone is level 110 and everyone asks for help leveling and just uses party to level now.
That's partially the problem. The biggest problem which has been to-this-point irreversible was the actions of the weak German administration; and the Misty Mug was the culmination of their inane updates.

Players were tired of feeding their character, it was simply "too much work". So they removed the magic to revitalize a character and tried to force people to buy their food instead.

Players cried that items were too difficult to obtain -- a process I took part in as a player. It was not too hard, you just need to know how to work a market and I had seen people less capable than me perform without a hitch. They made items easier to obtain, increased spawn rates in shops, and handed them out during seasonal events.

I am the reason behind Enchant Armours being difficult to obtain. This is part of a slow transition back to the time when elite items were harder to obtain. The problem addressing is that our system has a hard-coded maximum which is easy to reach. When everyone is 110 and max 30's in all stats then no one is maxed out.

The only option we have available is slowly transitioning to an economy of scarcity. There has been some success with restricting EAs. It's very common for newer players to have a "normal" range of blessing on their armours (i.e., +6) and the elite players decked out in +12 are slowly transitioning away from the community.

Of course, there is complaining that it's too difficult but there has always been complaining of this nature. We're preparing for a new ecosystem as we strive for the launch of GK Facebook.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The only option we have available is slowly transitioning to an economy of scarcity. There has been some success with restricting EAs. It's very common for newer players to have a "normal" range of blessing on their armours (i.e., +6) and the elite players decked out in +12 are slowly transitioning away from the community.

Of course, there is complaining that it's too difficult but there has always been complaining of this nature. We're preparing for a new ecosystem as we strive for the launch of GK Facebook.
Well I have noticed this somewhat working but now that you can buy EA's with NC people can USD them. I personally have not bought many NC just for temp buff's for leveling. But almost all of my gear has made it up to +12 still faster then back in the day. Hopefully facebook can help some. I just don't see it being the savior for gk everyone thinks it will be. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
I am the reason behind Enchant Armours being difficult to obtain. This is part of a slow transition back to the time when elite items were harder to obtain. The problem addressing is that our system has a hard-coded maximum which is easy to reach.

The only option we have available is slowly transitioning to an economy of scarcity.
I'd have to disagree with you there. I have maxed out my levels, and hardly feel any need to continue playing now because improving equipment now feels just about as difficult as leveling used to. It's really tedious, and not fun at all.

Players like to feel a sense of achievement, and slowing that down substantially will not make players want to play for a longer period of time. I understand that you like the idea of fully improved items staying rare, but once they get to +12 the value of them jumps up to the point where they are almost untradeable, both from a buying and selling standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
When everyone is 110 and max 30's in all stats then no one is maxed out.
That's kind of the point, though. You're supposed to work on getting stronger so you can be more evenly matched with other players. Even if everyone playing were maxed out right now, the combat system will still ensure that one person will come out on top based on their skill, rather than stats.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:47 PM
the Professional.
Quote:
That's partially the problem.
Disable parties. Force new players to LEARN to play the game. I can't even log on without a level 30-50 player PMing me to ask me to come "run them through" xmas dungeon... something which is unheard of. Most of them are still trying to figure out how to play the game, and are level 50ish just because of the success of their begging and leeching in a party.