Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Memitim will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Memitim
Lightbulb Realignment

Currently, Forest is no longer a kingdom and according to most of the staff on the server, it will never be a kingdom again. Sooo... Instead of wasting server space with 1k + levels it occupies and then of course all of its images... I think it would be suiting to do the following changes.

1) Delete the ferry to Forrest

2) Change the level links that currently take you to Forest and make them take you to Zormite. With that realignment the main map would end up being:
North = Zormite
West= Dustari
East = Samurai
South = Crescent Pirates
(at the moment North is shared between Forest & Zormite)

3) Relocate the Cape quest on Forest to Event Island

4) Delete all the quest points on Forest, if any of them are vital (unique) relocate them to another island.

5) Delete all the Forest levels and unique gmap graphics (wands and other weapons would not be deleted image wise)

It would just be in the best interest to Graal Kingdoms if you delete Forest and create some type of RP story line as to why the newbies can not access it anymore then to keep a kingdom that the staff currently have no interest what so ever in restoring.

The story line could be something like "A massive Tsunami destroyed the forest kingdom and sunk the island to the very depths of the sea..."
Old 04-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
The amusing part is that this will never happen.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I know But knowing my luck if i do not say anything i am just going to get the typical staff response of "well no one ever said anything" x__x
Old 04-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
you would also have to delete all the dungeon levels...
Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah because deleting content on a server that needs it the most is a great idea.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Whats a great idea is leaving broken useless crap on a server that doesn't need it the most
By the way hows the zodiac vs 2 going?
Anyways, ive never seen you play GK, back to Zodiac dev you go madame <3
Old 04-16-2011, 09:44 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
There are still houses on Forest. We couldn't remove someones house for a hard update.

If someone was willing to work on a gmap, I know of someone who may be interested... a Desert .gmap would be awesome. This could contain many new dungeons, new trade rooms with more than just three tables, but this is thinking into the future. We need to work on the current problems before we start adding more problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memitim View Post
The story line could be something like "A massive Tsunami destroyed the forest kingdom and sunk the island to the very depths of the sea..."
Because they crossed Zormite...

Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM
There is an amazing 1 house on forest.... unless more were approved for building permits last night or they are bugged beyond belief and do not show up on the map. It would take an amazing 3 Hours tops to get the whole project done... It wouldnt even be adding problems, it would just be fixing 1 huge ass annoyance....
Old 04-16-2011, 10:02 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Yea, I'm saying for a new island added because of htat. I'm sure we'd find some new glitches.

Forest Island is beautiful. If anything we should just add dungeons or monsters to it, like elves. Elves would be REALLY easy to make from the GK model.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Would be cool to have something done with it, but at the mean time we do know that Tig and his development crew are very busy with other projects and can not dump more resources into creating more content till they are finished with God only what they are doing x__x .... Until something can be done with the island its self, i think it would be easier to simply:

Delete the Ferry to Forest
Switch the level links out so they take you to zormite
And block the door in the tunnel that would take you to forest with rocks
Old 04-16-2011, 10:12 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Whats a great idea is leaving broken useless crap on a server that doesn't need it the most
By the way hows the zodiac vs 2 going?
Anyways, ive never seen you play GK, back to Zodiac dev you go madame <3
It's sitting on my hard drive, and in the drop box cloud.

GK was the server that got me back into Graal back in 2004, before I went full-tilt into developing.

Exploring is one of the things GK has going for itself, removing an island removes another place for new players to explore. It's not harming anything by existing.

There are much more constructive things they could do instead of removing an entire island because you don't want to travel there for a quest.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:18 PM
ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It's sitting on my hard drive, and in the drop box cloud.

GK was the server that got me back into Graal back in 2004, before I went full-tilt into developing.

Exploring is one of the things GK has going for itself, removing an island removes another place for new players to explore. It's not harming anything by existing.

There are much more constructive things they could do instead of removing an entire island because you don't want to travel there for a quest.
Very agreed. I've quit graal (un-officially, atleast 7 times, to play other games.) and I'd ALWAYS come back. The urge to play GK is where its at.

It needs to be more noob friendly, the island on main was a good start, but I literally -JUST- saw a new player log in, change his head twice, and log out. I played graal for a year, logging into GK once or twice and instantly putting it on my **** list until a pal told me how great it was.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:20 PM
What I am saying is why keep something that has no use but to a quest that takes up 8 tiles total on a island that takes up 1k levels? Not even joking o_o take the gmap put it in terrain editor and generate the levels it goes over a 1k levels.... so why keep all of that for a quest that only needs 8 tiles only, which all you are doing is dropping a heart on the magician so you can get the yarn which isn't even that good.....

As for exploring? wtf is there to explore on Forest? a Castle that no one can enter that has a broken door, shops that have been disable or are so glitchy that staff put a temporary sign that says enter at your own risk? The whole island is broken and riddled with terrain editors that no one has bothered to fix, would just be simpler to start over from scratch.

It's not some huge radical idea.... the only people who would miss it are die hard Forest players who jumped ship to Zormite or CP or only log on once every 3 Years....

At the least i still think the following should be done:
Delete the Ferry to Forest
Switch the level links out so they take you to zormite
And block the door in the tunnel that would take you to forest with rocks

if you want to keep 1k levels of junk, glitched levels, terrain errors, for what ever reason go for it.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:21 PM
team canada
Quote:
What I am saying is why keep something that has no use but to a quest that takes up 8 tiles total on a island that takes up 1k levels? Not even joking o_o take the gmap put it in terrain editor and generate the levels it goes over a 1k levels.... so why keep all of that for a quest that only needs 8 tiles only, which all you are doing is dropping a heart on the magician so you can get the yarn which isn't even that good.....

As for exploring? wtf is there to explore on Forest? a Castle that no one can enter that has a broken door, shops that have been disable or are so glitchy that staff put a temporary sign that says enter at your own risk? The whole island is broken and riddled with terrain editors that no one has bothered to fix, would just be simpler to start over from scratch.
If they don't have time to fix those bugs, they definitely don't have time to do the much more intensive process of deleting and moving island-specific quests/content.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Fixing all those terrain errors, and bugs would take 3-4 months of non stop dedicated work to do..... to close it off would take 2 days max with people who are deaf blind and mute with a severe case of ADHD. So it should only take a couple of hours max for a normal person to do.