Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Recent Staff Changes.

Players of Unholy Nation, I know I haven't sent you a formal message as your new Manager, in hopes that I would be able to bring you good news instead of the usual self-serving "I am Manager now, be my friend!" type messages. I thank you all for being patient with me as I adjust to being the Manager of this great server. As you may have heard by now, Luca, the former Development Manager, has been fired for various reasons that need not be restated here. In light of this change, I have decided it would be for the best to remove the Development Manager position altogether, in hopes that my personal interaction with the Developers will create a better bond with them, and in kind create better products for you, the players of this server. That being said, I would truly appreciate it if you replied with some ideas for things you would like to see on the server.

Additionally to Luca being removed, Khyber has removed herself from Levels Admin. In light of this, I have rehired Mystic as the Levels Admin, as he was my choice to replace TooTy when she quit. His focus shall be on the CastleWars revamp, along with the Holiday content for the next 2 holidays coming up.

Jazz worked very hard on Halloween, and thus has been promoted to Scripting Admin. Please wish him good luck in his new endeavor! Nike, who also was a key part of many UN projects has stepped down. In light of this, we currently do not have a GAT Admin, though I would like to speak with Nike before choosing a replacement, in case he changes his mind.

Now that these changes have been made, I am confident that the staff team is in a better position to produce content. We will be working our hardest in order to bring you new, enjoyable things to do on Unholy Nation! If you have any other suggestions, please post them here and we will do our best to work through all the best ones as soon as we can!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:22 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
ding dong the witch is dead!

crono is steering this server in the right way..
Old 11-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up to the staffing change. There is now a bit more light at the end of the tunnel. Hi5 Cron*
Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
fail
Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
nice
Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
fail
i lol'd irl.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
about time
Old 11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
i lol'd irl.
Why, he's got a pretty legitimate point. I can't think of any solid reason for any of the staffing changes made, especially the bit about him taking over development of the server. He can't even handle the PR aspects of the server, why should we believe he'll do any better with more on his plate?

How many times was Luca going to be removed/fired by Crono? I'm 99% certain that all Crono does is tell people what he thinks they want to hear, and I'm 100% sure that that will not help the server at all.

Can't really understand Mystic's appointment either.

Jazz being promoted for Halloween? lol. I worked harder on considerably more (probably better?) projects than that and all I remember getting was a demotion.

It all seems to be friends to the end, rather than any sort of, you know, ability, work ethic, whatever you want to fill in.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Kevin Azite
Oh wait, I forgot it wasn't a demotion.

Absoult_Crono (Sun Sep 05 02:16:56 2010):

Scripting wouldnt be a demotion, in fact, there is no scripting admin so there's potential for you to become one of the highest ranking positions on UN (Scripting Admin is generally regarded as highly as any staff in my past experience)
Old 11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
There's no pleasing you huh?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
There's no pleasing you huh?
There's plenty of pleasing me and this certainly isn't it.

Mystic had plenty of opportunity before as Asst. Levels Admin to establish why he'd be a good choice for this and it was literally an opportunity squandered. Rather than take the helm on anything on his own, he output next to nothing and said it was because he had no assignments.

If he can't even direct himself, why is he directing a team?

I only participated in a fraction of what was released for Halloween and discovered it wasn't worth even trying to do the rest, so I can't speak for everything about it, but I know other players who can and have outlined many of the problems with what was released.

And I'm fairly certain by now no one needs to be convinced that Crono wasn't even doing his job as PR Admin/PR Manager/etc so I don't think I need to get into that again.

These all seem like fairly legitimate issues, no?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
Why, he's got a pretty legitimate point. I can't think of any solid reason for any of the staffing changes made, especially the bit about him taking over development of the server. He can't even handle the PR aspects of the server, why should we believe he'll do any better with more on his plate?
No, it was just how he said it. Not the meaning of it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
Mystic had plenty of opportunity before as Asst. Levels Admin to establish why he'd be a good choice for this and it was literally an opportunity squandered. Rather than take the helm on anything on his own, he output next to nothing and said it was because he had no assignments.
My 'output next to nothing' was mainly for the fact that I did not have any support whatsoever for what was aimed at the current players. I expressed myself in the other thread pretty clearly. If I was barely getting any scripting help from Luca, why would I go ahead and start other projects?

I left it to Khyber to decide what she wanted to do with the team since she complained and quit when she was removed after receiving the position from a 2 month disappearance, so apparently she wanted it that bad. The only other active member of the levels team (while the others do come on usually, but I haven't seen much of them lately) is Exil, and we already talked about it to where he said he thought I probably deserved it more than he did. I have my own ideas that I'd like to play out, and if that doesn't suffice, I will personally quit.

I have no idea what sort of staff you want in charge because there really isn't that many to choose from.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-01-2010, 06:17 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
if the staff list can be revamped to a proper classic server lineup with active staff members in each section then you have success

step in the right direction imo, tired of scripters sitting on their thrones
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Kevin Azite
I hate to call out your bluff Mystic but I offered to help you with Castle Wars several times. Everyone who has worked with me can tell you I waste no assets I'm given by other staff teams (levels/graphics) as long as I'm actually given them. You rejected my offer several times for reasons I can't remember although I think it was something like waiting for Luca to assign someone.

I don't expect everyone working on a server to be a go-getter who will take on projects on their own initiative, but the people in charge most certainly should be. If they can't figure out what to do on their own, how can they possibly lead others?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:19 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
make UTC have a purpose again