Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 01:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
un management a mess

too many people sitting on their thrones, too many people in charge.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
un management a mess

too many people sitting on their thrones, too many people in charge.
I prefer your post in haiku form.

un management mess
too many people sitting on their thrones
too many people in charge
Old 10-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I prefer your post in haiku form.

un management mess
too many people sitting on their thrones
too many people in charge
lmao
Old 10-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post

The other Luca stuff really doesn't have much to do with me. BD Chose Luca as Co-Manager, GK as Dev Manager, I stepped into it like that, and have been trying to work out the kinks as best as I can without outright firing Luca so as to not seem biased. I mean, we haven't gotten along for quite some time now, so it would look like bias on my part to fire someone without giving them a chance. I admit though, I had a conversation with a certain member of the PWA that changed my opinion at one point. Just looking forward to good things now!
As a Manager you will always make decisions that some people won't like and will find reasons to criticize you, it comes with the territory. If half of what I have heard about Luca is true then it is doing more damage keeping him then getting rid of him and taking the heat from his friends. Just because somebody was promoted under old Management doesn't mean that they deserve the position or that they have a right to maintain that position. You have to look at the big picture of what is best for the server and community as a whole, not what will benefit some people or keeping certain people off your back because they do not agree with your decisions. There have always been those kinds of people on this game that just find the littlest things wrong with Managers and pick at it because they have nothing better to do, or they like to troll people.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:52 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
As a Manager you will always make decisions that some people won't like and will find reasons to criticize you, it comes with the territory. If half of what I have heard about Luca is true then it is doing more damage keeping him then getting rid of him and taking the heat from his friends. Just because somebody was promoted under old Management doesn't mean that they deserve the position or that they have a right to maintain that position. You have to look at the big picture of what is best for the server and community as a whole, not what will benefit some people or keeping certain people off your back because they do not agree with your decisions. There have always been those kinds of people on this game that just find the littlest things wrong with Managers and pick at it because they have nothing better to do, or they like to troll people.
but UN staff has always been about keeping certain people off your back~!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 AM
hey crono you should do what slick does and delete all negative opinions LOL
Old 10-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
hey crono you should do what slick does and delete all negative opinions LOL
That statement was pretty much like kicking a barrel of gunpowder. Hope we don't have a war of the world's here.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
So is anyone on the same page, or do you just all run your own servers?
I seriously hope this was a troll or a joke post. If you truly believe we should know what every update of every NPC on NC is at every moment in time, either you are too strict, or you are delusional. There is no requirement for Managerial approval for any changes made to an NPC by anyone who has the rights to do so. Even if I were to sit and check the staff activity of every staff member, I would not be able to tell what was changed, and if I knew what was changed and it was updated more than once, I couldnt tell what changed each revision.
Quote:
I have a grip on the Luca situation now, but my point was more focused that after I was around long enough as Manager to say "Hey, you arent performing to my expectations. I expect 1, 2, 3 etc." and that did not work, I decided to demote Luca. When I asked for staff opinions on the Dev side, only 2 people disagreed, and disagreed very strongly. Both of these players disagreed for obvious reasons, but one of them made me reconsider the demotion due to lack of a viable replacement were Luca to quit Graal altogether.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
That statement was pretty much like kicking a barrel of gunpowder. Hope we don't have a war of the world's here.
what? it's nothing.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
I seriously hope this was a troll or a joke post. If you truly believe we should know what every update of every NPC on NC is at every moment in time, either you are too strict, or you are delusional. There is no requirement for Managerial approval for any changes made to an NPC by anyone who has the rights to do so. Even if I were to sit and check the staff activity of every staff member, I would not be able to tell what was changed, and if I knew what was changed and it was updated more than once, I couldnt tell what changed each revision.
UN's management everybody.

The idea of him knowing what his team does is an irrational thought.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
UN's management everybody.

The idea of him knowing what his team does is an irrational thought.
I don't understand why you always try to skew context. You try keeping a tab on the all of the many NPC's on UN that at any time could be updated.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-27-2010, 04:26 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I don't understand why you always try to skew context. You try keeping a tab on the all of the many NPC's on UN that at any time could be updated.
I'm sorry, isn't it part of the manager's job to know who has access to what, and who's changing what? What's going to stop a new Yen from uploading a clone to warp around the server and killing everyone until they link it to a picture of their prepubescent chest?

I didn't "skew" anything - he straight up said it was ridiculous for me to think he could keep a watchful eye on the server he was in charge of.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
No he's just trolling like he normally does so it's best to just ignore him.

Edit: Cron you need anything you know how to get a hold of me.

Last edited by SlikRick; 10-27-2010 at 07:32 PM..
Old 10-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
No he's just trolling like he normally does so it's best to just ignore him.

Edit: Cron you need anything you know how to get a hold of me.
What? Negative criticism is always deleted by mods here. It's insanely bad on the Era forums, from what I've seen.

I had always hoped that since playerworld subforums were run by players instead of the forum mods/administration, that they would just let the players have their word whether it was good or bad. Sadly it seems the playerworld mods don't like hearing bad things either. What's gonna happen, UN is gonna lose players because a few players post something bad about it? It never happens. I find censorship much more damaging than negative criticism.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What? Negative criticism is always deleted by mods here. It's insanely bad on the Era forums, from what I've seen.
You must not have been reading the Era forums lately...just about every post and/or thread has been some sort of negative criticism towards the staff.

There's a difference between bashing staff to be a ****head and providing criticism. In my opinion, a post saying "This update sucks whoever uploaded it is a retard" should be deleted. If that post had instead said, "I really don't like this update because ____, I'd rather see ____" or even just "I don't like this update", then it should stay.

Playerworld staff are working on their free time because they enjoy it. They don't get anything out of it; they do it because they want to. They shouldn't have to put up with snot-nosed brats who are just complaining because they didn't get their way, especially when our pool of volunteers is so small. And before you say "if they can't take the bashing, they shouldn't be staff" -- it's not they they can or cannot, it's that they shouldn't have to.

Last edited by salesman; 10-27-2010 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: word choice