Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 05:58 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I'm inclined to believe this since you neg repped me for a post critical of your work, and felt the need to post here and even harass me on player about it.

Are you trying to tell me that your releases were well thought out or planned? Players are still walking on walls and moving backwards as zombies, and obviously no consideration was placed on what these changes might do to Town Center Spar or Events.

I don't know why you are taking it so personally, but I do find it sort of like "acting like a toddler". I know there are many people with a critical eye who are willing to test out abstract details of stuff people are working on, because I ran nearly everything I made by them and had them work on it. I also asked for players to beta test things constantly before release, and as a result, was able to avoid any sort of major game stoppage like this.

You may try to justify what you did as "releasing something to the players" but it feels rushed and not worked very hard on, especially when when they are as game breaking as some of these updates were.
Then you can believe that, and I'll give you the negative rep tomorrow to fill the hole.

I never one time argued the facts that there were bugs with the systems. Went about fixing them as best as I could immediately after reading the post, too.

I could sit here and try to poke the verbal knife at you personally too, but none of this has anything to do with what I said.

You're being a jackass in the way you're complaining and crying about everything and trying to use it to your advantage. Like I said, I agreed with the beginning of this topic. Now all I get out of this is a lot of .

That's up to administrators to reveal who negative repped you. But it certainly wasn't me. I'm starting to want to, though.

PS. The BOOnades have also been nerfed down a bit.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I'm not sure why you're trying to discredit me by calling my posts offensive and saying I'm crying. I would think that's something you get used to after awhile on Graal, since players seem to take issue with just about every update, no?

Hell, I know from experience that players will even frown upon an update widely considered to be useful/good for some personal reason. Snoop413 asked for an option to hide the forum options from what I can only assume was some sort of personal vendetta, considering according to his player flags, he began to use some of the provided options.

However, I don't know why you think I'm making this personal. Every issue I have noted in this thread is entirely legitimate. We're both quite aware that the zombie infection allows players to walk on walls and until just recently allowed disruption in events and spars. We both know that the flashbang NPC is potentially life threatening to any players who might have epilepsy.

These events have passed and I hope will be a good learning point for the people involved in their creation and release and will prevent similar things from happening again, but if no one had brought these issues up, would anyone have learned from these mistakes?

EDIT: And I just saw a message saying that purchasing of protection for the flashbangs has been refunded and this coverage is now included for free, and I appreciate that change very much. However, the wording left me confused as to whether or not it was free for all players or only those who had spent 10 EP on the original protection, because I firmly believe that with an effect like this, all players should have immunity to it for free and that the ability to turn it off should be much more advertised.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:23 AM
UN Manager
To be honest, I appreciate that you brought them up. I'll admit, even though I said I wasn't through PMs, I was a little bit offended. Only because I was actually trying to put something out for the holiday, regardless of how tiny it was. That's no excuse for incompetence, and I should have definitely considered the bugs in the zombie infection.

It was even a little unjust of me to pick at your tone, because that's something not easily defined through text.

Here are a list of things Jazz and I changed tonight:
• Made it so people can't be zombies in ET Center, Spar and Events levels

• Fixed a bug in regards to Zombies customized speed conflicting with the speed adjustment when under a bush.

• Nerfed the flashbang weapon significantly

• Refunded players for the protection from "BOOnades" and made it a free feature in the protection weapon

Not everything can be covered in closed testing. Sometimes it takes the community to find the bugs that are going to be exploited.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:26 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Can zombies still walk through walls if they're going backwards and grabbing?

Because I totally wrecked Oasa's win with that.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:27 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Kev, no offense; Streety and who ever else helped the construction of this years Halloween festival obviously attempted to entertain the players. It isn't the best, no. But there is only so much you can do, with limitations. I found a dislike in the quest, and I PMed Streety about it personally, and told him what I thought, probably because it was the best way to handle things.

Why is there a need to bring this to the public eye and contributing to it as if it was a humiliation attempt?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I never mentioned anyone by name until someone decided to attack me.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:57 AM
UN Manager
Just another note, I had no idea the weapon had been changed to infect players with the zombie infection.

That was also removed because that's absolutely ridiculous to add to a player weapon, let alone one that (at the time) flashes a player's entire screen white.

I cannot be held accountable if it is changed back, though.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Snoop413 asked for an option to hide the forum options from what I can only assume was some sort of personal vendetta, considering according to his player flags, he began to use some of the provided options.
whaa? i joke around a lot with people but i never held anything personal against you, or anyone from graal for that matter. you were one of the few dev's on UN who did something on a regular basis.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
Just another note, I had no idea the weapon had been changed to infect players with the zombie infection.

That was also removed because that's absolutely ridiculous to add to a player weapon, let alone one that (at the time) flashes a player's entire screen white.

I cannot be held accountable if it is changed back, though.
It was SUPPOSED to nullify the zombie infection as far as I know. Don't know if Luca changed it at some point though.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:38 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
i bet that was chris vimes who neg repped you
Old 10-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
apparently UN's management is now attempting to demonize me or something since out of the blue I am being harassed by their pals about what they've been "told by crono, luca, and khyber"

they should do a better job though and not tell players **** like "CakeDogs and PresentCats" was an event I made. I mean, come on guys, if you want to make me look like the person who doesn't/didn't do work or only output poor quality work, you could do it much better than that.
No one has spoken to me about you in a long time, with the exception of Mystic and Ben Rain once or twice, so it's not got anything to do with me. Also, I know for a fact you didn't make that event, ee and Gamerkid made it. I dont think it is "poor quality", it is very bright like Robot Unicorn attack (flash game). Either you love it or you hate it really, but no one is forced to play it.

The other Luca stuff really doesn't have much to do with me. BD Chose Luca as Co-Manager, GK as Dev Manager, I stepped into it like that, and have been trying to work out the kinks as best as I can without outright firing Luca so as to not seem biased. I mean, we haven't gotten along for quite some time now, so it would look like bias on my part to fire someone without giving them a chance. I admit though, I had a conversation with a certain member of the PWA that changed my opinion at one point. Just looking forward to good things now!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Good grief that zombie infection in the boonade was removed. Was aggravating me when people kept spamming it in the etcenter.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-26-2010, 11:30 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I had a conversation with a certain member of the PWA that changed my opinion at one point.
wonder who this could have been.
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
It was SUPPOSED to nullify the zombie infection as far as I know. Don't know if Luca changed it at some point though.
Quote:
So is anyone on the same page, or do you just all run your own servers?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Same events? Same hats?

The only recurring thing is the theme of the town, and the Halloween shop where you can buy items from past years. Greatly confused by your comment.

Couldn't you at least make sense and prod at how annoying the flashbang is?

8/10 hats from door quiz were already out from last year i do not see anything new in that.