Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
So what your saying is, UN has no purpose, no theme, no function or background. It exists purely as a playroom for management and their cohorts, without any adherence to a tangible, or even predictable, future? It is dedicated to nothing, and instead serves as something for the administration to mold to their liking, only to toss everything aside when a bigger kid comes into the sandbox and takes over?
What I've noticed from you in just about every thread is that you take one twisted idea and stick with it for the whole duration of your post with no sort of rationality whatsoever. It's pretty unhealthy thinking.

No, that is not what UN has been, or what he meant. (Or so I would assume) Every Manager has a different approach on how they want to improve the server, but it isn't easy to work off of what other managements left behind as it may be incomplete/a huge mess. UN doesn't have a theme; UN is a server where you're free to do whatever there is to offer. Well it's theme is Classic gameplay somewhat.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So what your saying is, UN has no purpose, no theme, no function or background. It exists purely as a playroom for management and their cohorts, without any adherence to a tangible, or even predictable, future? It is dedicated to nothing, and instead serves as something for the administration to mold to their liking, only to toss everything aside when a bigger kid comes into the sandbox and takes over?
No? I am saying every Manager has different ideas from the previous management. I am pretty sure that is the same on every server though. The difference being we have had a lot of management changes in a short period of time. Keep in mind management went in the order Spryte (Malinko), Croweather, Sub, Streety, Backdraft, Gamerkid then me in a period of 2 years, having streety as around a year and a half of that time alone. There was not really enough time for stability in any other management team than Streety's after Malinko and Spryte were removed.

Also, I am not saying I agree with the way the server has worked in the past, merely that it has worked that way.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:14 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
No? I am saying every Manager has different ideas from the previous management. I am pretty sure that is the same on every server though. The difference being we have had a lot of management changes in a short period of time. Keep in mind management went in the order Spryte (Malinko), Croweather, Sub, Streety, Backdraft, Gamerkid then me in a period of 2 years, having streety as around a year and a half of that time alone. There was not really enough time for stability in any other management team than Streety's after Malinko and Spryte were removed.

Also, I am not saying I agree with the way the server has worked in the past, merely that it has worked that way.
aka not man enough to fix UN.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I don't like the blame your predecessors approach, it's not like you were some peon on the chain of command during their reigns.

You certainly weren't accomplishing anything while PR Manager - in fact, PR and Staff relations got wildly out of hand while you sat idly by and did nothing.

I am still confused by what merit you reached Manager.

All I've seen in this thread is "Take my word for it that things will be better, but I won't offer any evidence to show that I've contributed to making this better in the past, nor will I show you any evidence that things are happening to make things better for the future.'
Old 10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I don't like the blame your predecessors approach, it's not like you were some peon on the chain of command during their reigns.

You certainly weren't accomplishing anything while PR Manager - in fact, PR and Staff relations got wildly out of hand while you sat idly by and did nothing.

I am still confused by what merit you reached Manager.

All I've seen in this thread is "Take my word for it that things will be better, but I won't offer any evidence to show that I've contributed to making this better in the past, nor will I show you any evidence that things are happening to make things better for the future.'
I was FAQ Admin. What do you think I could control during that period of time? FAQs? When I became Vic's Assistant, I handled FAQ and GPs, when I became PR Manager I dealt with PR issues more than staff in-fighting. Also, you say relations got wildy out of hand, yet you give no proof of any of that either. Unless you are going to say "I saw it all!", in which case I shall remind you that memory becomes skewered with time. What exactly do you expect for a FAQ Admin to change realistically though? I have not had much say in a lot of things in the past, and I am honestly trying my best to make positive changes now.

If you want to really be analytical though, what positive things did Backdraft do before the PWA replaced Streety with him? He hadnt done much of anything besides tag along with Streety on Skype at the time. All he had were a bunch of ideas, same as me, yet the PWA saw him as a better alternative to the active management.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
I was FAQ Admin. What do you think I could control during that period of time? FAQs? When I became Vic's Assistant, I handled FAQ and GPs, when I became PR Manager I dealt with PR issues more than staff in-fighting. Also, you say relations got wildy out of hand, yet you give no proof of any of that either. Unless you are going to say "I saw it all!", in which case I shall remind you that memory becomes skewered with time. What exactly do you expect for a FAQ Admin to change realistically though? I have not had much say in a lot of things in the past, and I am honestly trying my best to make positive changes now.
What evidence do I have of relations going sour while you were PR Manager? I don't know, just several RC logs I can't directly paste here but have been passed around well enough.

You know, logs where you yourself start threatening staff with bans and saying you want to punch them in the face for disagreeing with you defending one of your Graal bud's when I know at least one PWA member said he should have been banned.

Not to mention RC just about every night being a gigantic argument between several staff members while you just sort of ignored it.

Quote:
If you want to really be analytical though, what positive things did Backdraft do before the PWA replaced Streety with him? He hadnt done much of anything besides tag along with Streety on Skype at the time. All he had were a bunch of ideas, same as me, yet the PWA saw him as a better alternative to the active management.
straw man
Old 10-16-2010, 09:09 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
No, that is not what UN has been, or what he meant.
It's exactly what he said he though. He points out that UN's short comings are caused by various exploits the previous managers brought about. Don't blame me for not beating around the bush, if you guys want anything done, you need to be blunt and recognize the problem: in this case, the problem is a string of inefficient, directionless management.

And you're confusing not being gentle for not being rational. If you honestly think I'm being irrational - or ever have been - then I'd say it's a safe bet that the better portion of your brain is probably dripping onto your shoulder right about now.

Quote:
No? I am saying every Manager has different ideas from the previous management.
Yeah, that's what I said. New management comes in and then UN is a clean slate and they do what they want. The server is being treated as a sandbox for them to build up as they see fit. If you want to have the smallest sense of being professional, UN needs a direction. A direction that transcends management and acts as the basis for the server. Era has that. Zodiac has that. Even with alternating managers, you can still log on the server a year later and have a pretty rough idea on what to expect. On UN, you don't have the feeling after several weeks.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It's exactly what he said he though. He points out that UN's short comings are caused by various exploits the previous managers brought about. Don't blame me for not beating around the bush, if you guys want anything done, you need to be blunt and recognize the problem: in this case, the problem is inefficient, directionless management.
Of course they are, but that is not easily fixable. Malinko did a ton of damage during his period that had to be cleaned up/corrected by following managements. As I have iterated before, ideas by past-management are hard to follow up on as some difficulty approaches. Streety wanted to finish pet-world and the achievement system as his main focuses before going on to other things. Pet world became a mess with different scripters, and the achievement system was finally released by GK a few months after Streety was removed. Backdraft wanted to focus on the noob course, new quests, shrinking the OW somewhat, but none of those really went past a thought except for the noob course which is STILL being developed to this day. GK focused on smaller things, but wanted to improve his achievement system and see CastleWars get done after he found me a scripter. I know Cron-Star wanted to see the development of CastleWars become finished too but I was fired by Luca/Khyber, as well as seeing other things finished. Development is headed by Luca, so any development complaints really should be headed at him, who Luca and one PWA thinks is doing a good job at.

I don't think you can expect content lineage from UN. As I, and probably others, have said, UN was created for the purpose to do a wide variety of things that weren't always uniform.

There was really only Cron-star or Luca to choose from for Manager when GK stepped down. You don't want to see Luca as Manager...

Quote:
And you're confusing not being gentle for not being rational. If you honestly think I'm being irrational - or ever have been - then I'd say it's a safe bet that the better portion of your brain is probably dripping onto your shoulder right about now.
Really? Because all I saw you do is derive your own fixated point of view and rant about it for a whole paragraph, when all he said was that Managers have different approaches to how the server should go due to said complications I have said above.

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I said. New management comes in and then UN is a clean slate and they do what they want. The server is being treated as a sandbox for them to build up as they see fit. If you want to have the smallest sense of being professional, UN needs a direction. A direction that transcends management and acts as the basis for the server. Era has that. Zodiac has that. Even with alternating managers, you can still log on the server a year later and have a pretty rough idea on what to expect. On UN, you don't have the feeling after several weeks.
I've been expecting Era to reset for nearly 3 years, what is your point.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 10-16-2010 at 09:53 PM..
Old 10-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
What UN needs is a manager with huge balls to just scrap everything and pull something decent out of his gigantic butthole.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:20 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
I wouldn't know for fact but I would assume it's a very safe bet (like 100% safe) to say that only a fraction of players can compete in highly competitive sparring. I can't imagine competitive sparring being the prime focus of 20% of the players.

Your first two sentences don't even make sense, he was never part of the sparring community despite it being highly influential/"potent"?

Clearly it couldn't have been that influential if he had nothing to do with it.

I am not sure why you are pandering your personal opinions as if they were somehow facts. Just because you liked to do something doesn't mean a majority of players did.
Quote:
I wouldn't say 60 percent of the population focused on sparring, although 25-30 percent probably is a good estimate.

UN, in my opinion, has been a server where you can do whatever, and interact with whoever. (We have guns and cars people...) It was never really only sparring-focused, and I wouldn't suspect that to be LiquidIces intent either. I enjoyed collecting the rare items, back when they were actually rare. I also enjoyed the events when more people played instead of teaming with 10 other friends. These among many other things.

Hiro is right in the regards that UN really needs to focus on improving the competitive elements of the server that it used to have. Sadly, that is not the current development focus.
stop thinking about the current staff - back then, Absolut_Crono was not staff, and did not even play or if he did he never sparred. but, a large majority of the staff of UN did (like 50%) and my percentage of sparrers on UN includes those players who used to be able to hop from server to server sparring in different tournaments - aside from perhaps delteria, UN was always the center of where sparring happened. clearly just because our current manager doesn't seem to enjoy or appreciate what sparring does on UN (and you can say that for the past 5 managers now) it's influence on the players and past players who have quit seeing the dwindling state of what servers offer for sparrers, is quite real

and besides, i'm talking very generally when i say UN needs more competitive focus - i said we need to be able to swing swords at one another, because that's what a classic server is pretty much all about. sparring has just always been the best form of this competition

i mean seriously, what the hell else are you going to update that exemplifies the classic server style? something is going wrong when the focus of a classic server moves away from the sword
Old 10-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
What UN needs is a manager with huge balls
Case:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
I volunteer to be UN manager!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:45 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Really? Because all I saw you do is derive your own fixated point of view and rant about it for a whole paragraph, when all he said was that Managers have different approaches to how the server should go due to said complications I have said above.
That doesn't mean anything is wrong or irrational; I think you're just spreading things too thin. As I said, beating around the bush talking about what's wrong and how this is all bad, without actually having any idea where to go from here, the same short coming the previous managers had with their shortsighted ideas that failed to revitalize the server.

He recognizes part of UN's issue is the managers constantly having their own little projects. Good, we know that. There's no reason to keep passing these explanations back and forth. The rational thing for him to do now would be to announce how he is going to remedy that. Because right now, all I've seen is "yeah, x is wrong and some people did some other stuff bad", then you guys carrying on with that and who's to blame, but no explanations as to how he will be any different. He's just pointed out that he knew there were a lot of imperfections that will be hard to fix, and you know what vibe that gives off? The vibe that he's just going to follow them down that road, doing more little things to "fix" it just as everyone else has.

UN is outdated and the damage has been done, there's a point where you can choose to keep throwing out small, novel updates (omg pets and achievements wow) to hide it or admit an overhaul is needed and actually put forth the effort and do it.

Also, huge balls.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:49 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
I'd vote for Zippy on anything he runs for.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Kevin Azite
At the very least I would appreciate if the PWA would create some sort of rules for players to start a PWA review of a server's management (such as a certain number of players requesting it) because I am certain that at any reasonable threshold, you would find that that is what the players want to happen here.

I don't think the PWA just deciding to do it on their own volition is a great idea.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:58 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Quote:
At the very least I would appreciate if the PWA would create some sort of rules for players to start a PWA review of a server's management (such as a certain number of players requesting it) because I am certain that at any reasonable threshold, you would find that that is what the players want to happen here.

I don't think the PWA just deciding to do it on their own volition is a great idea.
I second this notion.

POWER TO THE PLAYERS!