Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-16-2005, 01:17 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Updates?

Anything new?

Updates may be in the memories thread, I havn't been keeping up on it.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Koni....?

:-(
Old 07-18-2005, 05:04 PM
No sleep till brooklyn!
URBANLEGEND is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to URBANLEGEND Send a message via AIM to URBANLEGEND Send a message via MSN to URBANLEGEND Send a message via Yahoo to URBANLEGEND
Anything new!?? HAHAHA!

Logged on lately? The Npcs-Server doesnt even start!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Emily_Cruddas is on a distinguished road
Don't worry! It's being worked on! It's just never going to be finished!
Old 07-19-2005, 04:01 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANLEGEND
Anything new!?? HAHAHA!

No more Zurroball?
Old 07-19-2005, 04:28 AM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANLEGEND
Anything new!?? HAHAHA!

Yes it does
Old 07-21-2005, 12:14 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Prepare yourselves.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Prepare yourselves.
Sarcasm twards Konidas?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:21 AM
Zxion is on a distinguished road
This is off topic, but I like the pic in your sig lance. If you look at it sideways it resembles an eye XD
Old 07-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Since v1.36
Ken Takino is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ken Takino
Somehow, setting a release date seems like a bad idea when it doesn't seem to be anywhere close to completion...
Old 07-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I'm not going to go into details about it. But Lance wasn't responsible for the release date. Stefan is sort of putting the pressure on both of us to get something playable ready by the end of August.

I think basically he wants to see what Lance has completed so far after working since November on it, and he wants to see what exactly is so different about my server that it would warrant having two 2k1 servers.

We're both on a deadline so except SOMETHING by the end of August from both of us. I don't think Stefan needs it to be 100% ready to go though... I think he just wants it to be close enough. I wouldn't stress too much Lance. I think you still have a lot left to do and you know I have a lot left. Good luck with finding staff though, it's quite difficult as we are both aware.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 07-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
I would be willing to help either Lance or Konidias with level making. But I would want to discuss it with both of you first to see what the differences will be, who you currently have for staff what you intend to do with the server etc... what kind of progress has been made with the time given so far and such. Basically I don't want to work my butt off and end up wasting my time.

Edit: I agree with Huanter's post below I think the wisest decision would be to have Konidias and Lance join up and work together. It seems the most logical choice of action along with the best chance of success.

p.s. I can't post again at the moment but I can edit this post and will be getting a VIP account once I get home tonight probably. Not for any decent content in game but because I do enjoy the forums.

I stole Spanky's gold!

Last edited by draygin; 07-21-2005 at 07:15 PM..
Old 07-21-2005, 07:08 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by draygin
I would be willing to help either Lance or Konidias with level making. But I would want to discuss it with both of you first to see what the differences will be, who you currently have for staff what you intend to do with the server etc... what kind of progress has been made with the time given so far and such. Basically I don't want to work my butt off and end up wasting my time.
Nobody does... That's why I think having to seperate servers is a useless idea. From what I understand one of the servers is probably going to end up being "The Winner" and the other is going to get scrapped or something. So yes, in the end the players get the superiour of the two servers... But why have the better of the two, when you could combine them and have something so fantastically amazing your head would explode?

I really like alot of Konidias' ideas for 2k1... But I still despise the idea of there being a chance of all of my work going down the crapper... Not to mention all of the work done by Lance, CheeToS, Scott, Thak, and all of the others that have helped "Graal2001" since it last closed.

I'd just like to see the possiblitity of combining both projects pushed a bit more. I have an understanding that Konidias isn't too keen on that idea... Unless I'm mistaken. But I think I'd like to know what the players think about the idea of a merge. Afterall... Isn't that who we're making this for?
Old 07-21-2005, 07:16 PM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
Nobody does... That's why I think having to seperate servers is a useless idea. From what I understand one of the servers is probably going to end up being "The Winner" and the other is going to get scrapped or something. So yes, in the end the players get the superiour of the two servers... But why have the better of the two, when you could combine them and have something so fantastically amazing your head would explode?

I really like alot of Konidias' ideas for 2k1... But I still despise the idea of there being a chance of all of my work going down the crapper... Not to mention all of the work done by Lance, CheeToS, Scott, Thak, and all of the others that have helped "Graal2001" since it last closed.

I'd just like to see the possiblitity of combining both projects pushed a bit more. I have an understanding that Konidias isn't too keen on that idea... Unless I'm mistaken. But I think I'd like to know what the players think about the idea of a merge. Afterall... Isn't that who we're making this for?
Well, I think a 2k1 with both the wonderfully designed kingdoms and Koni's new graphics would look absolutely amazing. But I severly doubt that ever happening
Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter

A merge, combining the good ideas and work from both projects, would be beneficial to Graal2001. That's the important thing, to me. I'm confident that both Konidias and my projects will output something great, but if the good points from both could be combined, it would simply be amazing - even Stefan thinks so. As has been noted, however, Konidias has indicated that he's against this merge. He wants to do things his way, and feels that if he were to work with me he would not be able to accomplish this goal.