Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 07:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam

Ask your fellow why he is playing basketball! Adults shouldn't play games or is he emotionally disturbed?
I don't think Sam realizes the difference between games and video games.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned
Chicken_l33t is on a distinguished road
You know the forums is part of this game, right? So, what you do on the game client does reflect you on the forums and visa versa so there's no need to try seperate them.

Out of curiousity was I one of the people who you assumed (ass of u and me [I love that so much]) would be doing this?

Spam? LIES LIES LIES!!! I thought everyone wanted to know if I was going to the toilet.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
I think kids are more against parents (especially moms) that play Graal, then adults in general.
Only when they act like moms.

Kids don't want a clean environment, they don't want a pristine little haven for their little uncorrupted minds. They have that in real life. When they play games like Graal, they get to have unhindered access to other people. They get to learn about what other people are about, and they get to act as virtuous or as dishonest as they want to.

Having some woman trying to raise them on the internet probably upsets and disturbs them.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Banned
Chicken_l33t is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Having some woman trying to raise them on the internet probably upsets and disturbs them.
Agreed. I do believe in my oppinion it all comes back to the whole freedom for younger people to play a game without adult supervision or atleast at a minimum. Me being 18 and classed as an adult I probally should act more mature towards you, but I probally wont.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I don't think many disputes arise because of age. The nature of the dispute is the cause.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
I don't think many disputes arise because of age. The nature of the dispute is the cause.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:02 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Smashing reply.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:09 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken_l33t
Me being 18 and classed as an adult I probally should act more mature towards you, but I probally wont.
GO TO YOUR ROOM JOHHNY! I MEAN IT!

I bet there's gonna be like online parenting/babysitting in the future.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:50 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
Because you nag about every little thing you see.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:27 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
A variety of reasons, but I think the main one is that kids play Graal to get away from their parents, or adults in general.
I think kids are more against parents (especially moms) that play Graal, then adults in general.
Do you have some kind of evidence? Or is this just what you want to believe because it gives you some kind of sense of identity to view Graal as a bunch of renegade kids who need some kind of "mother-figure" to "show them the way"?
Old 06-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
Do you have some kind of evidence? Or is this just what you want to believe because it gives you some kind of sense of identity to view Graal as a bunch of renegade kids who need some kind of "mother-figure" to "show them the way"?
Look, I am not a mother figure to anyone except my own kids, nor do I want to be. I am not here to be a mother figure.
Yes, I am a Mom, so sometimes motherly instincts kick in, that is part of who I am because I am a mom.

I posted the way I see it, based on posts here, and things said to me over the years, and I know not everyone feels that way, but I think a lot do, and you thinking it would give me some sense of identity is just sick.

If someone asks me for advice as a mother, I give it gladly, not because I feel all motherly towards the person, but because the person asked me for help.
Only if asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOA--Paul
Because you nag about every little thing you see.
Gee, I wonder where that came from....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Banned
-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to -Ching
Haha, where are they getting this whole mother and child thing from. Some of you people are crazy.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:49 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Gee, I wonder where that came from....
I don't know but it's annoying.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:49 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
that is part of who I am because I am a mom.
That's what a sense of identity is.

Quote:
and you thinking it would give me some sense of identity is just sick.
"Just sick"? Could it be that I've attacked the weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE?

Of course, if that's the case, then why are you moderating? Is it some kind of moral or ideological imperative? Or could it be because it's the only job you've ever had?
Old 06-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
So everybody who moderates a forum have to be a young person? Or is it just because graal is a game, and a game forum MUST have moderators younger than 20 or 30?

Wikipedia says:

"A forum moderator is someone granted special powers to enforce the rules of an Internet forum
Almost all moderators on all forums can move discussions to different sections of the forum, "close" or "lock" discussions to prevent users from continuing to discuss them, edit the content of individual postings, answer question ..."

Ask your fellow why he is playing basketball! Adults shouldn't play games or is he emotionally disturbed?

I hate that thinking in black and white. Let the people the freedom to do what they like to do, as long as they dont break the rules of social life, which includes rules of a forum.
I love how moonie didn't shoot down this one with the usual 'It's not about the forums.'

I also love the fact that if this thread was created by anyone else, and these comments were given, it would've been closed a long time ago.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Closed Thread