FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
I'm sorry, who can actually do that?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:14 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, guys, Tig trusts Stephen, clearly he is the best man for the job

I know Zone's boys aren't the brightest, so I guess I have to make sure you know I'm kidding
Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Führer Glazey
Old 10-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
LOL, nice pic, and I think Stefan should make Zone 100000% free since it's dead now.
Nobody plays it anymore except a few die hard fans. A. FEW.
And that would increase traffic on Zone, then re-bring the prices back up after a grand increase of players on that server.
Also, use google ads or make adverts on Facebook so that you get traffic FROM Google and Facebook.
EDIT: Grats on your 2000th post dude2020

Old 10-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
n00bs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
Oh you... :3

Old 10-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Tenchry
so stephen dead i hope, i mean i heard..
Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Admittedly I know nothing about Zone but judging recent-ish input among players of several different servers I'd like to see a discussion on how a server should move forward where the predominant suggestions are something other than "remove the manager" or "make things how they were 5+ years ago".
Old 10-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HirakoShinji View Post
LOL, nice pic, and I think Stefan should make Zone 100000% free since it's dead now.
Nobody plays it anymore except a few die hard fans. A. FEW.
And that would increase traffic on Zone, then re-bring the prices back up after a grand increase of players on that server.
Also, use google ads or make adverts on Facebook so that you get traffic FROM Google and Facebook.
EDIT: Grats on your 2000th post dude2020

You don't need to pay anything to play Zone (assuming you have a lifetime classic subscription), you just need to pay if you want all of the benefits. The current system could use some tweaking but that's pretty much how it should be--free to play but added benefits for upgrading.

Zone's problems rest in the lack of updates, faulty gameplay features (like the ability to lay an unlimited number of proximines and the ability to duplicate those boxes a million times to clog the entire map), and the cash shop being introduced incorrectly. The whole weapon rental system doesn't fit Zone and should've never been added to begin with.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Tenchry
gambet why did you quit..
Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Führer Glazey
because Stefan failed Zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Admittedly I know nothing about Zone but judging recent-ish input among players of several different servers I'd like to see a discussion on how a server should move forward where the predominant suggestions are something other than "remove the manager" or "make things how they were 5+ years ago".
You do realize if those two things happen, the playercount could possibly break our awesome daily record of 0?!

You wanna how to make the server move foward? By bringing it back to the previous state and getting rid of a manager that doesn't even play the server to begin with.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:51 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
because Stefan failed Zone.

You do realize if those two things happen, the playercount could possibly break our awesome daily record of 0?!

You wanna how to make the server move foward? By bringing it back to the previous state and getting rid of a manager that doesn't even play the server to begin with.
So if the server was reverted back to how it was to begin with, is that going to make its players of that time magically come back and start playing again?
Or was it simply of such a high standard compared to the current server that it would be superior when it comes to attracting new players and that they just got rid of it for no good reason?

And lets say Stephen was removed...
Is there somebody obvious that is reliable, has an in depth plan of action but realistic enough so that they're capable of actually fulfilling their words?
If so that person should probably present their ideas either publicly or privately to the powers that be, but most of the time there isn't.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
So if the server was reverted back to how it was to begin with, is that going to make its players of that time magically come back and start playing again?
Or was it simply of such a high standard compared to the current server that it would be superior when it comes to attracting new players and that they just got rid of it for no good reason?
Some of the issues remain rooted in the problem that no one is interested in playing on the server. When there are a few of us who come back, new players are generally driven away by the lack of accessibility. I forget who it was who mentioned it a while back, but it would be great to revamp the payment system on Zone in a way that is not entirely geared towards stronger weapons for money. Other advantages could be given that require participating in the server, and online time to be earned.

Also the payment system is why so many of us want to revert back to a previous form of Zone. The introduction of the payment system took away some of the items that were used most frequently, such as pipebombs and gas grenades.

As far as Zone's direction goes, Zone needs to rely on enhancing the PvP aspects of the game. It might be interesting to develop more weapons, and achievements to sustain an interest in playing. I know that while I was manager that many people had already achieved the highest rank, legend, and that after reaching that point there is no longer any incentive to play.

Lasting accomplishments are only a temporary fix to an ongoing problem. Zone's weapon system is extremely complex and needs to be simplified.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:59 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Is there somebody obvious that is reliable, has an in depth plan of action but realistic enough so that they're capable of actually fulfilling their words?
If so that person should probably present their ideas either publicly or privately to the powers that be, but most of the time there isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
presenting ideas
are you going for Zone, Supernanny?

Old 10-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Tenchry
Manager should play zone in the first place, people who are staff should play zone in the first place = a reason zone ended up dying in the end.
Quote: