Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
I told you, I barely remember when I started GK, I don't even know if I first started GK or another server. All I know is that I made my account in 2001.
You were clueless about GK when I first recalled seeing you around 2008 (you first showed up during one of my Zormite campaigns, you were developing - or trying to develop - for Dustari with that Epica kid), I find it really hard to believe you were on before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
2008 - met pojo
Highlight of your life, right?
Old 10-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You were clueless about GK when I first recalled seeing you around 2008 (you first showed up during one of my Zormite campaigns, you were developing - or trying to develop - for Dustari with that Epica kid), I find it really hard to believe you were on before that.
I first met Soala in 2005 so I can vouch for him playing longer than 2008. When I first met him I though he was a chick because of the hairstyle he was using but yeah.. I dunno how we hit off but he ended up introducing me to a few french bands if I remember correctly.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:05 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
When I first met him I though he was a chick
I knew there was a reason I used to call him by a girl name
Old 10-14-2010, 02:43 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Sometime in 2001 I started playing Delteria because my brother and his friend did.

Played quite a bit of G2k1 for awhile, and a small bit of kingdoms.

Worked on countless UC servers (most memorably cira baen (sp?) where i met karsh, spark, and screen_name). Worked on lots of hosted servers as well. Mostly Delteria, but I've had jobs here and there on most of them at one point or another.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The early years...

Introduced to Graal in like 99~ by my cousins thought it was pretty cool but that was way back when I had a Mac PPC 6 or 7 (Gameboy Emulators though, they were great) so I couldn't play it at home, so there was a far amount of time in between that then I eventually got my first eMachine (POS) but it was really cool having windows. Got myself a P2P account in the summer of 01 and played G2K1 for a few months but I eventually just gave that up.

My return...

Came back 2 years later and started playing GK, eventually got P2P again and VIP, played GK for quite some time and did the usual noob stuff like become a C. Pirate. Someone maybe Zeus I don't remember massed out they were hiring for Zodiac, so I tried out and eventually became a LAT and started to learn how to script (trial-n-error + examples).

I met some interesting people while working for Zodiac, puppin who's ****ing crazy about levels and really pumps them out. Ruxxter_Phantom, learned most of my GS1 from his work. NeoXed, learned a few things but nothing I can really remember. Fogles, he was alright before he went all anti_graal and stuff.

Up until then Zodiac wasn't really going places sorta standing still with me and puppin doing most of the work on our own but we were still finding ourselves being harassed by Malorians from time to time. Eventually Yen showed up and pretty much did his own thing and turned the server into the Zodiac players are playing now. He also brought/invited his buddies to the server like Kaidenn, calani, and other scripters. During this time I was Admin but after the server went Classic we got rid of Zeus (Owner/Paid for Zodiac) for whatever reason, I also started to learn GS2 and did alright. I eventually got the Manager position, things were going alright, and then Yen got banned, he went insane, and was never the same when he came back. calani had removed him before he could do any real damage to the server (his clone was pretty cool though).

I then started listening to a player and did some balance suggestions and basically calani fired for me (thought I was acting on Yen's behalf) for it, and Frotter was gaining ground/staff-power on the server. I was bitter for it but I went on to other things for a while, and my Graal history gets hazy from there but Zodiac went through some ****.

I don't remember that next part that well but the gist of what happened...

Then Drander got Manager and rehired me a few months later as a scripter and I made some new friends like Twizt3d and others. I did some casual scripting and re-did a lot of systems and learned how existing ones worked. I also made a cool little staff tool that basically let me call a line of GS2 in my ChatBar. I was sorta getting burnt out but still talking to Yen and I let him log on my RC using my pcid, ~Mancers, and Freelance were then born. This was discovered and I was fired, but I gave away some items I had on me and caused a rollback that was pretty funny, I still also had my staff tool but I didn't do much with it.

account: Jerret
2007-07-15 22:27:08 on all by Stefan:
global ban
Banned for: Hacking
Reason: Staff abuse leading to give out of illegal items on Zodiac

account: fowlplay4
2007-11-03 15:13:12 on Zodiac by Vulcan:
local ban
Banned for: Account Sharing
Reason: Account sharing/Global Ban evasion

Those bans happened during the time-line I described in the last paragraph. I took some time off but still stayed in touch with some of the people like MD. I also supplied some scripts to a GAT+LAT to make an item spawner via baddy drops, not sure if they rolled back on that one or not.

My second return...

Some time would pass and then MD got some power and I had pretty much got all the evil out of my system. Drama ensued between MD and Drander because I really couldn't be trusted but MD persisted and eventually I was working on Zodiac Dev doing random work. Manager changes happened rapidly, went from Drander to Zeus/stand9 or w/e his name is, to Relic and MD for a little bit before Bell removed them. Bell's choices have literally been exhausted, but she did trust me again and put me and selflon_p2p in charge. I had been doing my own thing when the others were Manager like completely re-writing and cleaning up the mess Yen and countless others had created. During this time was plenty of staff drama on the server, and a lot of evidence pinned up against MD (so many people wanted him fired it was ridiculous).

I really just wanted to develop again, and spent that summer of 08 doing a pretty big update to Zodiac, new buff system, hundreds of balance related changes. A month or so later I fired MD and a lot of staff-related drama disappeared it was great. I also put Xor in the Co-Manager spot and he did ****ing awesome (awesome enough to be picked for PWA). I kept doing the Manager thing, while I was in college even dipped into Zodiac V2 a little there but lost interest and got really busy in my second year and have since lost motivation to continue with that project.

Then Classic iPhone came out and Stefan made Xor Manager of it, and he let me script on it for him. I made the initial sparring system for the server and have since made whatever else Xor requested of me for quite some time now.

I graduated from the program I was in in College and got my diploma and am now working full-time and still doing the Manager thing on Zodiac as a hobby.

That was pretty boring to write.

Glad to see your memory of time frames is just as hazy as mine. I did make you write it out though
Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Got the idea from Kevin's UN Story
if that's true I won't participate here because that lengthy bit of writing was based on a period of 7 months, and I've been here since at least 2001, maybe 2000
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Story

Except around the time that Drander was the Manager I was promoted to Co-Manager, and eventually when I stepped down I promoted you to my position. This was around the time that rumors were circulating that you were letting Yen use your account but you were doing really good work for the server so I figured you'd be best for the job (which I guess turned out to be a good thing considering you've been Manager there for a while now).
Old 10-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I think my first experience was with the Zelda Online level editor. I was looking to make my own awesome super-cool Zelda game and stumbled across it. Thought it sucked ass and deleted it and forgot about it. Looking back and remembering, it was definitely the earlier versions of the Graal Editor.

A little while later was looking through Zelda fangames(as I often did back then) and came across Graal Online. Played a little online, got my ass handed to me as a noob and kept playing. Introduced my friend to it and we used to play offline splitscreen a bunch. This is when I first started developing. Back then the server(Classic) used to be packed with the offline game, so you could open it up offline and edit stuff. Change signs here and there, messed around, found secrets that way. Also, my first script was changing the boomerang into a flying mug(and chicken!) and placing it at the peak of Super Nick's.

However, this was probably the peak of me actually playing Graal. I used to play online a lot. Mostly activities included Throne wars in Graal Castle, joining sucky guilds since I wasn't good enough for the "Elite" guilds, and sitting outside the Bank. Questing wasn't any more fun back then as they are now. Quests were often broken, and because of the online aspect you'd have to wait in line to fight bosses... and most of the time they were broken anyways rofl.

I also used to play a little N-Pulse, as back then it was way ahead of the main server. It was the first to introduce the kick-ass hookshot, and fishing was fun. The quests were way better than the main server, but had only a portion of the playerbase.

Eventually I got into development and stopped playing. I think my first serious job that I held on to was Bravo. I remember working with MD and Sky I held quite a few forgettable jobs(at least that I can't remember). I think I worked on Rudora or something, I'm not sure.

After that I worked on Doomsday until it closed and then quit Graal for quite a few years until I came back.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Graal Kingdoms

No, but first saw it in 2000 when my friends older brother was playing. We used to make levels in the Level Editor with baddies just to see how fast we could kill them. I always won. Muiahahahaha!

Bought an account not much later. I was just a little kid and got into lots of trouble

Quote:
Late 2000 - 2001: i was born
Looks about right.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
keep the poor jokes coming guys, I love them.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
keep the poor jokes coming guys, I love them.
They're not jokes about you being poor, but about you being young. Yeesh.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
But, you're also poor.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Ok so...

found this game on a mmo site.
played zone in 2007, first time on graal, beasted on that. quit for a year
2008 i lost my password nd **** for zone, tried getting back into it, found era and loved it except for obs mode, quit for about 6 months
2009 zone died so i never played, i played era forever after that, i was a pimp noob at that time also, quit for 3 months
2010 starting getting the real money, got scammed quit for 2 months, made real money again, got scammed, quit for 3 months, got another pile of big cash, scammed, quitfor 2 months, now im back with alot of money still playing era being wiki admin nd practicing pk skillz. competitive game at its finest. waiting to get scammed again.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
I found this game out 2003 by a friend I knew in real life, name being Devin.

Starting out on Era is what became a click for me, I use to run around with head136.png, body1.png all colored orange, as if I was naked. Being in front of the Snow Resort on Era was like being addicted to drugs, I couldn't leave that place. I use to pick flowers there nearly every time I logged on to the time I logged off.

After being a trial for nearly a week, I had boughten an account. Account name being Skatertay nickname: Tay Tay, I've played that account for years and years until I was greeted with a new account in 2009. (taylor)

I was a natural ****head on Era and was known be to quite of an ass. Whether it was scamming, selling items for USD, or simply being a 12 year old kid who thought he could hack. Word got around on Era in around 2007 nearly after the reset duping was a possibility. I was hooked on that, and nearly messed the economy up with several others. During that time I was banned and unbanned several times.

I decided it was time to grow up a bit, during the long ban I had gotten, sadly to say I don't remember what it was for. Anyways, I had opened up the level editor and started messing with it for a bit, until picking it up within a month. Once bored out of my mind with the level editor, I always wanted to know what the "Graal Shop" application was. So I had asked around what in the world it was, soon found answers. I started messing with that and fell in love with it.

Now being able to level and create animations, I though to myself I better get hired somewhere! Well, it happened on a server I really don't remember... it had potential, but never really made it. (I know Vima (SwedishKing) and his friends are the one who managed it.) After quitting this server, I worked my way over to N-Pulse and spoke with Chang about a Graphics position, well I was soon to be hired there and was nearly there for 3 months. I soon quit that and got bored again.

I started involving myself with other servers like Unholy Nation and Zodiac. I seemed to be more attracted to Zodiac then Unholy Nation at the time, so I stuck with Zodiac. Drander was Manager at this current time. For some odd reason that kid didn't like me, and I could completely understand why, quite annoying, didn't shut up and liked to talk a lot of crap. Drander soon lost his management and the manager position went down stairs until it hit Jerret and Selfon.

When Jerret received manager on Zodiac a light turned on in my head thinking "I CAN GET HIRED HERE, NOW THAT DRANDER IS GONE." Knowing that DV and MD were Administrators, I knew I could obtain this position I wanted as a Gani Artist. So I applied and got the position. I had known DV and MD for quite some time, working with them on a project called Endora. I kept learning different skills and working my way up the food chain on Zodiac. I was given Gani Admin just before DV had gotten fired/quit.

After being there for a good year and a half, Xor and I established a good friendship and he wanted me to become an Administrator on Zodiac. So I learned the basics from him, and became an Admin after being on Zodiac for roughly 2 years as a Gani Admin.

Xor soon left to become PWA, and things fell apart for me. I didn't know what I was really doing, and players became eagerly pissed with me. Jerret still hanging in and doing what he was doing at the time, didn't really communicate with me. I was getting frustrated, and quit after 2 and a half years of being staff on Zodiac. I approached the quitting process in a really bad way, lied to the staff and told em' I had to deal with school. Which was a lie... People and staff members were really angry and disappointed in me, to the point where they all stopped talking to me including Xor.

After quitting, I just had noticed Squirt gotten Manager of Era, so I worked my way over there and was hired as a PR/Dev. Squirt had quit and handed it over to Chris, during that time I stuck in there and helped Chris with whatever I could help him with. Chris did his thing, but was soon removed from Era after being there for quite some time. All of the staff that was underneath his management was removed from the staff team. This changed quickly, when Kinetaro had received Manager he rehired me as a Dev/PR. I was there for a couple months working on the GMAP and got quite irritated at the current Development process, so I left. Was there for roughly a year.

Midway through my Era journey I emailed Xor, apologizing for what happened with Zodiac. We became friends again and he hired me as a Dev/GP on Classic iPhone.

Now... here I am today, still working on Classic iPhone and was just added to the GK iPhone project. Associating with people on Graal, Developing and listening to music is basicly what I do now here on Graal.

Last edited by taylor; 10-18-2010 at 05:11 AM..
Old 10-18-2010, 04:40 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasgoroth View Post
2010 - Made this guy. Started to play, played alot for a little bit, then I met a girl named Kate, and we are dating now. I moved into her house at the end of the summer, and now I'm happily saying I play no games. Life is sweet. I'm 15 now too. Feels good man.
power to you about playing no games and having something to do, but isn't 15 a little young to move in with a girl..that you haven't even known for a full year yet...

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.