Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Next move

Information in this thread may not be strictly accurate anymore.

Okay, so most of you are probably aware, I am Manager of Era again. I know most of you probably think it's a terrible thing but right now, that's not up for discussion. What is questionable is what should be done about Era.

Right now, Era faces a problem. Everything is crazily unbalanced and things are messing up. The economy is ridiculous, and I am sure that a considerable amount of you could list a number of things wrong with some aspect of Era right now.

There are two options.

1. Era can be reset, along with a new world being introduced to replace the current overworld.
  • The businesses can be more fairly balanced and arranged, so that bizzes and player-run businesses are more distinguished and fair.
  • Gangs can also be set up to be more balanced.
  • Quests can be inserted around the place without there being any hiccups.
  • Better methods of making money can be implemented.
  • Much improved systems can be brought onto the scene without causing disruption.
  • More weapons can be introduced from the range on the server.

2. Era can be left as it is.
  • Eventually the economy will become crazily unbalanced.
  • Bizzes will continue to cause damage to larger businesses. Deleting small bizzes is not an option.
  • Larger gangs will eventually lose their meaning, and gang weapons will become less rare. Deleting parties is not an option.
  • Other problems will start to arise from both current and previous glitch abuse, and other related problems.
  • It is not likely that the same level of development will be applied to the old world.

I have considered grey areas in between these two options, but in the end, it is down to a reset, or things being left as they are.

I am not going to make this decision myself. I want your input.

Please note that if a reset were to become the best option:
  • Era would not be taken offline during development. The existing world would remain until we have prepared and perfected the new one.
  • I would be prepared to welcome new ideas and suggestions.
  • All progress would be delivered to the players in the form of updates posted in a thread, mass messages, etc.

Now you have read what I have to say, please vote on the poll that you see when you log onto the server. Please also feel free to discuss things in this thread related to these two ideas, however, any disruptive, abusive or unrelated posts will be deleted.

(Poll obliterated.)

Thank you.

Last edited by Skyld; 07-23-2006 at 07:17 PM..
Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
How about a reset but some kind of compensation? Possibly keep one weapon or something? A 100% reset would suck because a lot for some people because they've gotten so far.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Spyder-z2 is on a distinguished road
Skyld, small bizes KILLED the economy in the first place..
If we leave small bizes but do a reset, Era will just fall apart again in another 4 months..
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder-z2
Skyld, small bizes KILLED the economy in the first place..
If we leave small bizes but do a reset, Era will just fall apart again in another 4 months..
Small bizzes are subject to a lot of change, and being mostly, if not totally moved out of the weaponary area into more tertiary areas.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM
MistyWhite is on a distinguished road
i like Gerami's idea... reset the world yes, but cant we atleast hold onto one thing? o.O i mean.. it sucks in a way cuz some people actually worked their way to get what they have.... and to just loose everything in return just sucks really bad....
Old 07-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyWhite
i like Gerami's idea... reset the world yes, but cant we atleast hold onto one thing? o.O i mean.. it sucks in a way cuz some people actually worked their way to get what they have.... and to just loose everything in return just sucks really bad....
Skyld wants to keep the small bizes. Don't worry, that means the economy will get screwed up again and you'll end up losing that one item in the long run anyway.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 AM
MistyWhite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotoo2
Skyld wants to keep the small bizes. Don't worry, that means the economy will get screwed up again and you'll end up losing that one item in the long run anyway.
Thats not what i mean.... something like a Gun Or Our Money You kNow. dont start trying to be smartass.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Henry5001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thats not what i mean.... something like a Gun Or Our Money You kNow. dont start trying to be smartass.
Lol, keeping money wouldn't be an option. And Mange just said that one item won't help you in the long run. Small biz's rape the economy and they have to be deleted eventually. You know I just came back for this Era, I really don't want to have to quit again z.z

P.S. I'd like to keep my ET tag =/
Old 07-19-2006, 12:50 AM
BlueSamurai is on a distinguished road
your players are running around like chickens with their head cut off
every reset..soo funny yet never gets old xD
Old 07-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Here's an idea, have stefan make a Era2, make it how Skyld wants it, everyone who is anti reset stay here, hire back old staff, keep things the way they are. Delete parties and small biz's.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
ahh, you mean similar to my lose of 180k, bher, and axey?
Old 07-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Axes should have been deleted from players anyway... =(

But who cares now reset! YAY!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Reset! And make sure businesses like Bounty Hunter and PPA are there to do their job, not just raid when they get bored for the hell of it.

Tag lock gang guns, as well as the katana.
Bring HP back down again, make guns do a lot less damage (wouldn't mind if it stayed the same, though).
Old 07-19-2006, 01:05 AM
killzonekz is on a distinguished road
OK first of all we dont need a reset for Era all u need to do is shutdown the server for a day or 2 w/e it takes and re open when things are done..man i just finished makin 25k the most ive ever had on me and i need like 50 kills for my first 1k kills and now this crap comes up. Its not era that is corrupt its the staff. theres playeer with 4k hours and now u gonna make it hell for us and some players just reached 8k kills thats good but now everyone gonna be at 0k/0d and Yenroy is tryin for 100k of points on era and well he is like 6k away and like i said this crap comes up. All u need to do is not allow staff to spoil players such as KAe by givin him katana and bamboo roods ad stuff. i know ppl that have many ideas for era but never listened b/c the corrupted staff have favorites. staff are so corrupt that i saw some guy win an even t and they gave him a medkit then their friends wins an event and they get a ET coin thats just nice. try new staff or talkin to players and listening. im here for u guys which i doubt u will read this cuz im not a favorite. and the only reason i payed for graal was b/c of era. and now u screwing everything up for us. leave it as it is just shut the server for a day or so. i play for 14hours or more a day and i get on to see that is crap has come up. one more thing i doubt era will be populated like it was. so think about population as well zzz hopefully someone will read this....
Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Future Coder
Sum41Freeeeek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sum41Freeeeek
I'm going to stick around as LAT and help make this "New World" if you people choose
to reset. I enjoy making levels, and I'm not going to hop on the bandwagon because
Andrew, Dai, Morg, and Mange quit. Let me promise everyone, you won't regret a
reset (besides the fact you're losing everything) I will, in my best of power make sure
this won't turn out like "Jenn Era" as some of you might say.

-Frankie (LAT)
omg just go to your room and draw a pony then

**** the chicken wings!