Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
Old 07-22-2006, 06:18 PM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Roy
Anyways I think the reason why the economy is so messed up is because people that previously owned businesses/gangs get it back absolutely free, making it extremely easy for them to earn money causing the economy to become unbalanced.
True no script can fix this the only way is if staff does something.

Quote:
There's a lot more ways to distribute businesses/gangs.
1. Obviously there's the Auction House that way the people that worked the hardest will get it.
2. You can publicly vote for it, but with a limited amount of candidates mostly previous owners/co-owners. Select who you think is best for the job. For example, for Black Holst you can vote between Meph, Gsput, Kae, and ionno Warhead? That way we prevent useless gang leaders and it will keep gangs active.
3. You can let staff decide and let them pick what they think is best.
1. This is a bad idea becuse you could have someone who picked flowers for like a week nonstop thats really a newbie buy a gang.

2. Thats a good idea.

3. :-/ might wana take number two on this becuse I doubt anything would change if we went this way.

Quote:
I think we should bring back the taxing system. That way even though the business sells something that costs a huge amount of money like colts (4300) there's still a way to stop them from gaining immense amts of cash.
Good idea but kinda bad IE PT didnt stock colts 24/7 becuse they tryed to keep the price up if taxes ate up the cash they made from the limited sells of the colts they wouldent be making much at all. (I also think this would hurt businesses and people would raise the prices on the items.)

Quote:
Also when there's an item that's not stocked the owner of the business loses money over time.
This is a good idea

Quote:
There's the weapons' parts shop which makes the owner of the business use around 1000g to make the gun, but obviously it's not enough. Same for gangs and their gang weapons.
I would say it is becuse when a guns released staff nurf it then people sell it on the street for like 1k-2k (MD5) a guy whos shop gets billed has to make some money to get ahead.

Quote:
Also to prevent someone from selling gang guns and earning 500k (Maverick) I also think we should consider tag locking gang guns. That way people won't want them as much, and it will keep the gun a "gang gun." Also it will make people stay in gangs keeping gangs as active as possible.
You would have alot of people pop over to the best gang gun like LC's 552 another reason staff didnt taglock I think was becuse people *****ed about PI's old guns.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0nkt
Because no one gives a **** about the forum rules.
What he said ;D
Old 07-23-2006, 12:47 AM
gameer213 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354
1. This is a bad idea becuse you could have someone who picked flowers for like a week nonstop thats really a newbie buy a gang.
If a person works hard and has the money for something, they should be able to buy it; it's a free market economy for the most part.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Don_Micheal_Corleone is on a distinguished road
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameer213
If a person works hard and has the money for something, they should be able to buy it; it's a free market economy for the most part.
The biggest reason why that wouldn't work ,Someone with 10 hours with no experience at all in a gang or anything would have a gang..Never mind the fact if it was a trial or a newb they probably would sell the gang for like 5k or get scammed out of it.

I agree with #2 of what nub said of letting us have a vote between active past leaders or top heads but not only for gangs but businesses too..

Speedy Pizza wasn't rereleased this reset because the person who owned it before reset was Morano and didn't come back..I was co owner and was never even contacted but that isn't the point.

*After skyld sees the 72 signatures on my petition*
Me:Are we going to have a reset still?
Skyld:Yup
Me:Who decided that?
Skyld:Myself
Me: O..
Old 07-23-2006, 05:01 AM
void cel() {awesome++;}
Celarion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The gangs with say two years history have actually been participating in the development of their in-game content. You really don't have any right to hijack something that's been worked on for so long.

Perhaps you should petition for that new Irish gang or somesuch?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:19 AM
Henry5001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You hve no idea about leadership. Buying gangs will never, ever work. Don't even try and bring that in here. You complain you want a gang, but you wouldn't last 3 hours leading it, and if you did you would fill with a bunch of low skilled players and been overrun in a second from someone who actually can lead. Then you would cry about it. No, not ever.Giving it to the old gang leaders usually is a better bet then selling the gang off or voting on a new leader, unless the leadership choice is limited like Nub said and that still might not work. I say no to this idea of selling gang wholeheartedly.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Banned
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry5001
You hve no idea about leadership. Buying gangs will never, ever work. Don't even try and bring that in here. You complain you want a gang, but you wouldn't last 3 hours leading it, and if you did you would fill with a bunch of low skilled players and been overrun in a second from someone who actually can lead. Then you would cry about it. No, not ever.Giving it to the old gang leaders usually is a better bet then selling the gang off or voting on a new leader, unless the leadership choice is limited like Nub said and that still might not work. I say no to this idea of selling gang wholeheartedly.
Eh, hmm.. I lasted a LOT longer then 3 hours.. I must be a god
Old 08-03-2006, 10:24 AM
gameer213 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry5001

I would never want to own nor operate a gang, I personally don't like attachments aside loose association.

A reset is a reset, old gangs should be TRASHED if we're to have a real reset. New things should go to those who work hardest for them, nothing should be a handout as things have been.

P.S. I hate *****es like you who talk in condescending tones to people they don't know.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:35 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
why must people change what era is?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx
Because they must change what you messed up. sorry.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:11 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi
Because they must change what you messed up. sorry.
Tell me, what exactly did I mess up? Details please!
of slavery my son".

Old 08-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Lat.. Bleh
k0rupt_ed is on a distinguished road
Mabey not you but the economy.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeandy7
Tell me, what exactly did I mess up? Details please!
Hey, tomorrow wanna drop some guns next!?

You can't keep an economy straight, simply put.

I was also told you caused a reset on Era another time aswell? lolk.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Obnoxious is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx
Because they've never played Era in a day of their life, yet they think they know what's best for Era.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:17 AM
Banned
Sorry, I played before pretty much almost everyone