Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Banned
_Z3phyr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
In such a way

--as an aside, I wrote this thread last Sunday--

As with all public releases of a playerworld, certain things happen among the people who worked and the people who benefitted to incite some kind of trouble or argument in the community, and unfortunately this time is no different.

Because a significant portion of the users here are ignorant or otherwise apathetic to the words and situations of others when they are in the form of a large post, I strongly encourage responses only from the people who have taken the time to hear me out. This is not a work in progress, nor is this a rant. If anything, this is personal.

There comes a time when a man must discard his gloves and arrest himself of his own semantics for the sake of action. Recently my hard drive has become infected with a rather nasty virus and I have been forced to revert to an earlier one (the one that I have now). This hard drive, to my surprise, has contained the majority of the work that I had done while I worked as a NAT for Delteria Dev ("temporary NAT" was my official title, however after the first month of work I was noted to be "a temporary NAT who does more work than our real ones" by the server manager and the word "temporary" was subsequently disregarded). In the course of working day and night for a grand total of 3/4 of a year on the delteria dev server to help get everything released sooner than the projected release date by Delterians in general which is jokingly referred to as "next spring", meaning "never", I developed a large number of things. I took it upon myself to create all of the things that would be fun in the server, or at least display the motivation. I created a new arcade game, which was aptly titled "biph ball" by our resident idler, a mining system that contained player levels, 13 kinds of minerals, different color corresponding rocks, different levels of pickaxes, as well as many other smaller things. I will not elaborate more on the things that I have done, because some of my earlier things have been screenshotted in the thread I made here in these forums in order to promote Delteria's new OW in an attempt to help garner more support and help with the server.

The three quarters of the year that I have spent constantly working for and promoting the new world that Delteria has released has been nullified by a long-standing, socially manipulative person who has made it his personal goal for as long as he is in power to destroy everything that I have done and render moot all of my work and motivations. For the past four years, it has been the goal of this person to do anything in his power and social influence to do everything he can to prevent me from my goals. His methods range from personal attacks, to driving my coworkers against me, to jailing, banning, and disconnecting me at any opportunity for any possible technicality. As I type this, I sit in a Delterian jail cell for the irrefutable crime of spamming — I was conversing about the server on mass messages. Unfortunately, this is a common example. He has gone to every possible extent to ruin my reputation and credibility among the people, and has personally seen to it that my work on the server should be in vain. However, I will not make a list of further offenses for you to recite. My purpose in all of this is to incite disdain for the person that has been oppressing me for the past four years. Regardless of the fact that while I had some form of power for myself, I was able to restrain my urges to abuse my power and never, not once, did I. My track record as an FAQ and FAQ Chief in the past can speak for itself on the issue of whether or not I am a corruptible staff member.

I have never been known to be a man to incite violence or pick a fight, nor have I ever been known to abuse my power for the sake of appeasing a personal vendetta. I am not a hacker, nor am I equipped in any way to retaliate against this person's baseless vendetta against me. I have taken more blame than credit and at the encouragement of a good friend of mine, I write this as a form of passive retaliation. I can only hope that some hacker out there can find empathy in me and take action against this person. As for an explanation of his actions, when he explains his actions to the community of Delteria, he echoes the age-old cry of the oppressor when he states that "it is for the good of the whole", in this case: the server community, and that I am a parasite who only serves to demean and undermine the efforts of everyone else. The crime I have committed is existence in his eyes, and it is his duty to see that I am abused and mistreated in any possible way at any opportunity given to him in an effort to cleanse his community of me. ((At the time that I am now posting this, I am not banned from the Delterian forums anymore nor am I idling in a jail cell, but I am "gagged". Any post I make requires his approval, because he has been made a forum moderator to go with his development administrator position in the server and has the charismatic authority to do whatever he pleases without questioning from both the people above him as well as the people around him.))

As I have already stated, I am not capable of taking action against this man because he has socially manipulated his way to the top and oppresses me at every opportunity. What I am able to do, however, since Delteria will not use any of my work, is share it with the Graal community.

I intend to make a number of scripting threads in the near future with what portion of my work I am able to recover from this older hard drive for public use for the global community. I will also try to explain them to others who would want to be learning GS2 as I have done with other scripts in the past on various forums. On the off-chance that those in Delteria care about it and say that I am not allowed to do this because of the sole fact that since I made it on the server it belongs to them (I never signed any of my scripts), when I look at the past confrontation between Warcaptain and Delteria's staff over MateusCerastes' (as we knew him) work on the trees and bush tiles, I find that I am fully entitled to dictate what happens to the fruit of my labor.

I wanted to state this for the record. Thank you for your time.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:42 AM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
There should really be a small summary somewhere, as I'm not even about to attempt to read this huge block of text with no idea what it's talking about.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 07-12-2007, 05:23 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I think it has to do with Delteria and how Tortoise fired him or something.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:44 AM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
I read the post out of a masochistic urge.

The one thing this guy never mentioned is why the person he is complaining about would single him out and treat him this way, which is why I completely discredit this story.

I doubt anyone would just find a decent developer on their staff team, and decide randomly to destroy their work and ban them just for the lulz of it.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 AM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
MKxTortoise is an unknown quantity at this point
You know what your biggest problem is Maikel? I'll give you a hint: it's actually NOT your terrible ideas. It's not your lack of initiative. It's not even your annoying posts. It's not the fact that Misconception has had to rescript virtually all of your NPCWs. It even isn't that you actually believe people care about some inconsequential being like yourself. Your biggest problem is that you are eternally and perpetually failing in your own quest to become a Delterian.

You do things, Maikel, that are blatantly defiant of the culture people like I have forged and then sit back and wondered why you were disliked. You take on the outsider role as though you were trying to forge a Delterian counter-culture. You do so in the absolute dumbest way possible: lying, annoying people, doing a bad job with the things you're given, blowing numerous chances, fighting battles you can't win... you are almost sociopathically inept when it comes you integrating yourself with a new group of people.

Honestly, how Delterian is it to go crying to people who don't care? How Delterian is it, honestly, to write a long essay without continued and frequent use of expletives? How Delterian is it to say, "Delteria sucks! Let me back in!" Not very... you're only reminiscent of your idiotic predecessors, like Zeromus, Ice Pick, Shlong Dilly, and Alamaris. Only, instead of going on to be remembered for your guilds, or for your humorous statements, or for your ballsy disregard for global administrative policy coupled with your exploitation of an inert and powerless management too inculcated with its own byproducts of mental and social waste, you will just perish from memory. Your essay, while good, is simply repellent because we all know who posted it. This is what you say to us in every post: "WORDS WORDS WORDS." You say something, we insult you. It is our hazing ritual and you have failed. You don't get the secret decoder ring and someone is probably going to remove your tattoo with a microwaved guitar string, just like they do in prison. Sorry bromo, you've failed and probably failed irreparably. You've made a **** out of yourself and **** like that doesn't fly in my house.

Consider this, though: you come here talking all bad about my server and my administration. What is ironic is that this is a bad server and bad administration you CLEARLY want to be a part of. You yearn for that job back. You want to wear the staff tag, to fly around and to bonk players on the head with Holysheepy's staff toolkit. You will never have this experience in your life and it is, in fact, by your own design. You have insulted us to the point where we aren't even offended by your stupidity anymore, we are just disdainful and disinterested. You are the outcast of Delteria and will so forever remain. Understand this is not because of Veracity's corruption operating at its finest - no, all of those pink-haired level designers and coders wanted you out with me or without me. This is because you have gotten everything you wanted and were unable to handle it. You are now our slave, you will whine and cry for our entertainment. That is your function as a Delterian and it is unlikely that it will ever change.

Now... dance!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Maasharu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Maasharu Send a message via AIM to Maasharu Send a message via Yahoo to Maasharu
I have defended Zephyr many times out of compassion. He's not an all-bad person, just socially awkward and it tends to turn some people off to him. What is ridiculous is how he chose to deal with it. This conflict was started -by him- in 2003, and for everyone else it ended in 2003. For Zephyr it seems to have continued.

How he is acting is appalling. I'm not reading his wall of text- I’m sure it's been edited and revised so Zephyr, at least slightly, seems to be in control of himself. I assure you he is not. I recommend disregarding anything he says. His actions (not just recent, he has a long history of being completely unstable) have proven that his ability to resolve problems parallel a toddler's. This, coupled with his unnecessarily explosive temper- the kid's just bad news.

I think you need to take a break and go find yourself, Zeph.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Somehow I feel this is the wrong forum but I can't quite put my finger on why, yet.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Maasharu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Maasharu Send a message via AIM to Maasharu Send a message via Yahoo to Maasharu
Alright, I read your post and decided that you deserve to have this broken to you.

You were not a good Developer. You worked, and that was about it. Every script that you wrote had to be COMPLETELY recoded, most of them by riot (a waste of time, apparently none of your work is to be used). Almost everyone wanted you gone and the people who did not, most likely did so because of a few others and I, who tried to give you a chance. This is ironic, as the original conflict that began your quest for acceptance on delteria, almost four years ago, was originally between you and I. Mike, I would have to use two hands to count how many times I saved your job after you would freak out. I'm going to tell it like it is, Zephyr- You are a ****ing spaz. This is why you have a problem with everyone.

Also, if I remember correctly you were originally given Dev access so you could learn GS2 and *maybe* help out a bit. I don't think you were even officially hired until shortly before/after I returned. Zeph, bud, pal, amigo, chum- your work habbits produced little progress. Aside from the few subsystems we let you code, most of your work consisted of random ideas you had late at night and would put into action for a few days thereafter. You would become horribly frusterated in the process, take it out on other staff members, and eventually decide to lower your ambitions and finalize said work at a mediocre or even non-working level. So great- you spammed the server with a shatload of test NPCs that would have been entirely recoded had they any actual use (they didn't). So, I guess I just don't see where you are pulling this "ZEPHYR: BEAST OF BURDEN" act from but I know it's not your pocket ('prolly your ass).

Sorry Mike, but I'm not going to defend you any longer. Don't think I didn't admire your willingness to learn GS2 and work for us, but your attitude is where you ultimately fell short.

Last edited by Maasharu; 07-12-2007 at 10:31 AM..
Old 07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
pink is a very Nice color
i thought about dying my hair blone with pink highlights

Old 07-12-2007, 02:33 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
pink is a very Nice color
i thought about dying my hair blone with pink highlights
NO
Old 07-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
brb getting violin to play something sad.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Forum Rules
f) Do not make threads to bash a playerworld, or players and/or staff. If you have a problem you wish to report please contact a member of the Playerworld Administration. If you have a problem that can be sorted out locally (jails, scams, some bans etc... please contact a staff member on the playerworld first). If you have a problem which cannot be handled through the Playerworld staff/ Playerworld Administration, please make a support ticket here: http://support.cyberjoueurs.com/. The members of the forums generally cannot help you with playerworld staff problems, therefore threads of this nature need not be posted here, and should be done through the Support center.
There are always 2 sides to every story....

closed.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Closed Thread