Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2007, 11:27 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I don't understand where this statement comes from. I really like Zodiac. I am a big fan of Classic-ness, but Zodiac is different without all the guns that Era and Zone have, which I hate.
I am finding it interesting to level and see what weapons and spells I can get next, and what they do, and am looking forward to when I can kill the ones who keep killing me when I try to level.
The problem is, like Crono said, it gets really boring. It's so much like Maloria and other RPG servers, and, to be fair, if it weren't for Maloria's great events, it would've had the same exact problem (although not quite as much, because at least Maloria had some decent GFX and things to do). Also, just the overall poor quality of Zodiac (not counting the main scripting Yen did) is a real put off, and makes me want to play it less and less, every time I see it.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Mido + Val = WIN
Mido quit He works on Anzell now.

But we have three awesome NATs, instead of one awesome NAT.

Anyways, I don't see Zodiac falling from the top any time soon, so.. don't worry.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:54 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Zodiac is just a really watered down version of Ragnarok Online.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 07-04-2007, 12:12 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration View Post
Zodiac is just a really watered down version of Ragnarok Online.
Like I said, it's a ripped off version of multiple MMORPGs. Yen told me and he's the one who made all the stuffs.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
How the **** is Zodiac like WoW? Seriously the two aren't even alike.
They are almost identical except for Zodiac being 2D and wow being 3D.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
They are almost identical except for Zodiac being 2D and wow being 3D.
Have you PLAYED WoW? It's nothing like Zodiac.

Why do people these days act like WoW is the first and only MMORPG?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Well, I have played my fair share of games and wow is the first game that I heard call a dungeon an Instance, which Zodiac calls their dungeons now. They have some of the same attack names also. Oh and Their Drunk NPC. Max level is now 60? hmm does that sound familiar.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
Well, I have played my fair share of games and wow is the first game that I heard call a dungeon an Instance, which Zodiac calls their dungeons now. They have some of the same attack names also. Oh and Their Drunk NPC. Max level is now 60? hmm does that sound familiar.
WoW: The Burning Crusade is now 70 max level.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:06 AM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Uh, WoW has complex job classes, actual team-based instances (it doesnt matter what Zodiac calls their dungeons, they're nothing at all alike).

The item system is completely different, the skill system is completely different, the stat system is completely different, the class system is completely different, the methods of travel are completely different, the endgame is completely different, need I go on?

Just because you can pick 7-8 elements of a game with literally hundreds of comparable elements does not mean that the two are identical.

It's like saying two people are almost identical because they both have blue eyes and blond hair.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 07-04-2007, 01:10 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Why do people these days act like WoW is the first and only MMORPG?
Seriously. It's one of the worst, really. Diablo ftw. ;(

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Like I said, they ripped off multiple MMORPGs. 2 points don't justify it being a rip of JUST WoW. Look at the class names, the way they're arranged (Thief -> Assassin for example), that's ragnarok. Then you have a handful of other things, but in the end it doesn't matter because it's a huge pot of different games stirred into one.

This creates some good gameplay, and made the server pass to Classic. It wasn't the levels, it sure as HELL wasn't the graphics (seriously, the PWA must have not even looked at the monstes LOL), but it was the gameplay.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:54 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
hay guyz i herd graal is a rip off of zelda olo
Old 07-04-2007, 01:55 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMastermind View Post
WoW: The Burning Crusade is now 70 max level.
They both raised the level cap by 10. gg.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:06 AM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
MKxTortoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
Managers of a classic server should Manage, not script.
This kind of thinking lead to a string of four of the worst managers Delteria had seen. SP Agent, Zega/Cloven, Darsax, Dysangelist. Yuck.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
hay guyz i herd graal is a rip off of zelda olo
rly??