Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 03:16 AM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
MKxTortoise is an unknown quantity at this point
1 Level Maker, 1 Artist, 1 Coder for New Delteria

New Delteria is going to continue building on what is completed already following its release for an upgrade by the end of the summer. As some of our staff only wanted to see it through to release I've got some bodies to replace. That's where you come in!

Stuff for applicants to consider:
Prior experience is NOT required: I am hiring based on availability and ability.
I don't care how bad your reputation is as far as OMG HAXOR CORRUPT is as long as you do your work.
We're going live as soon as Stefan enables Delt Live for GS2, so once that happens you'll get an RC with the necessary rights.
If you suck I don't want you, go the **** away.
If you're torn between us and some other server I wont hire you. This is live servers only, of course -- if you've got a personal playerworld project on the side or are working for an under-development world I will hire you.
If you're some ***** with a fragile ego don't apply because I don't want to deal with you. If you read this sentence and thought "DIS KID IZ AN ASS HE WANTS GRAAL BOOTCAMP 4 DELTARIA WHAT A KORUPT VARSITY HACKIR!!!!" this probably applies to you so save me and you the trouble. Of course, the better you are the more of your **** I can deal with.
You don't need prior experience with Graal to work on New Delteria! You only need skill and availability. When I say skill, I do mean your talent but also your improvement over a period of time. Moral of the story is: if the point above didn't scare you away, apply! Famous people who got their start on Delteria include: Jagen, Hurumi, Riot, MajiBOB, Sandz, Misconception, Tupper, and many more!

If you want to be a Level Maker for New Delteria you should have knowledge of and skill with:
gmaps, custom tilesets, tile error removal, level consistency, GFX placement, tasks involving multiple LATs, high volume of level production per week, constant availability, lighting, basic NPC placement.

If you want to be an Artist for New Delteria you should be skilled with:
high-detail art, city detailing, tileset improvement/enhancement, animation, small (50x50 pixel) art, consistency between other artists, style reproduction, medium volume of production, focus on quality. Gani skill is a plus although not needed.

If you want to be a Coder for New Delteria you should be skilled with:
databases, guis, flag management, LAG MINIMIZATION, efficient coding, fast coding, coding with other people, coding using GFX, doing stuff that hasn't been done before, communicating effectively (task to you, and then you to script), medium volume of production. Ganis are great but not needed.

If you want to apply, shoot me an email ([email protected]), talk to me on AIM (Camrhyne), or post your contact info in this thread. Also if anyone thinks I am really that much of a prick you can try going over my head to Misconception himself.

Feel free to ask questions.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:24 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
What exactly does New Delteria need at the moment in terms of levels? Is it more terrain (cliffs, trees, beaches, paths), insides, or towns?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:27 AM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Man, I mean this seems like a great place to be and a good place to work and helpout on. But, maybe you come just a bit to strong, eh Tort?

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
Man, I remember what his name. SkaterThief, He always had that Piggy outfit. He was cool, he thought me how to LAT with details. :]
Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue View Post
Man, I mean this seems like a great place to be and a good place to work and helpout on. But, maybe you come just a bit to strong, eh Tort?
If they don't like it now they wont like working here, so I guess it saves everyone some trouble.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 PM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
What exactly does New Delteria need at the moment in terms of levels? Is it more terrain (cliffs, trees, beaches, paths), insides, or towns?
Lot of inside levels at the moment it seems
Old 07-01-2007, 11:38 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
This would be tempting if I actually believed I'd do work, but I'd make 5 levels and then lose interest.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration View Post
This would be tempting if I actually believed I'd do work, but I'd make 5 levels and then lose interest.
That's pretty normal sadly
Old 07-04-2007, 12:00 AM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
I'm willing to help out if you need a Graphics artist, if you need example just tell me.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:26 AM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
Still need a level creator and if you think your art or coding skills can pay the bills come see me anyway!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
I'll help with coding but It wont be my Main thing, I have priority to Niromia, but I'm pretty much done with the scripts there so I'm free for awhile. :P
Old 07-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
i might apply as LAT

Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Ohh
Old 07-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I don't understand point two. Is it that you'll give someone the benefit of the doubt if they have a reputation, or that you don't care if they're corrupt as long as they work?