Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 05:25 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Maloria v3 Status and Hirings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue on the Maloria forums
Well, after recently deleting everything there was on Maloria. And utilizing everything I was making in the time I was absent from Maloria we've began super developement.
Small description of said word:
super developement: Ultra-fast, high-speed status of scripting, leveling, and making graphics..
Now to the major point.
Script Accomplishments
  1. Mudlib
    And with a new mudlib comes many new advancements to the script sections of it to make the gameplay run even smoother and lagless for the most part. The system is how could I say...COMPLETE hack proof. And there's only one way to dupe items, I'm the only person who knows how to do it. And should anyway else figure out and exploit that weakness in the system. Dire conditions will befall you.
  2. World Controls
    I've been working on World Controls to sort out the features and stats. This is moreso a scripting advance for Maloria to make transitions from outside to inside areas much easier and to keep tabs on the players current world area or level. This isn't that big of an advancement game wise. But just for me really =d
Game Accomplishments
  1. Item Things
    Recently, in my absence from Maloria I've created a new system based off of what Mania has wanted for Mal. A little something I'd like to call Item Tempering. Anyone who has played a decent online rpg would know item tempering. Or recrafting however you'd like to call it. A small example is something like this.
    First, gather all your necessary items, a ruby, an iron sword, a hammer and some item blueprints for a new item.
    Suppose my blueprints are for the item. "Ruby Encrusted Iron Sword". I have all the necessary items. Now I just take it to the nearest smithy and my new item is a dream come true. However, that isn't the only thing that will be available to item tempering. You will also be able to increase an items stats, durability, quality and even it's strength among other things.
  2. Other Item Things
    Dropping items works nicely as well.
  3. Menus
    I am currently as we speak scripting the new menus for Maloria and they are coming along very nicely. I hope to have some decent screenies up for you all by at least the end of the week.
  4. Overworld
    Nate is current organizing the overworld and it's beginnings. He will be looking for very, very talented LATs as well as trying to motivate Phantom to do SOMETHING!
I'm also at this moment, looking for overly talented Graphics artists to make Maloria look nice. =D
Ciao. =D
You heard the man! Maloria v3 development is going better than ever! We plan to finish very soon!

Here's some addition information on the plans of the new version of Maloria!
Multiple Character Slots
  1. I believe it's already known that we have planned this but some more information is now available. There will be a max of 3 character slots, the latter two only being unlockable via quests. Then there is an extra staff character slot for staff. This is a special character slot that cannot interact with players who are on non-staff characters. This means that a staff cannot hurt, trade, or otherwise interact in any way other than talking with other players. Also, all staff powers and staff items are restricted to this account. Staff boots and the like will not be usable on any other account.
Player Houses / Player Island
  1. Players can purchase their own house with which they can buy furniture for and can use as their own personal get away. Players can either buy the space, and make the level them self, or they can have a staff do it. (Explained later)
  2. With player houses comes the player island. Player houses will be kept on the player island, possibly one of the most exciting new features of v3. The Player Island, as it suggests, is the home of all player houses and is completely run by the players. It is, in a sense, it's own nation with which the players can run free. They can create their own government, towns, etc. Later on we even intend on allowing players to use tools to create ditches, creeks, rivers, etc.
Nation Wars
  1. Nation Wars is now much like what it used to be. A glorious, day long event of epic proportions. Nation Wars are now changing from a kill system to a point system. This means the winner will no longer be decided by the nation with the most kills, but rather the most points. Killing a normal ranked nation member is one point, and the higher the rank the higher the points per kill. Destroying enemy property, such as furniture and pieces of the castle will also rack up a large amount of points. Since the overworld is now massive (1024 levels) and the nations are at separate ends of the overworld, nations will need to find effective means of travel (boats, airships if flying technology is released, etc) to make any sort of impact on their enemy. And the ever allusive, storyline based exclusive nations Daednu (Undead spelled backwards) and Worrian (Named after previous manager Mr. Worry) will now be involved in Nation Wars. But look out! Their numbers may be small, but they're tough! Lucky for the rest of the Nations, Daednu and Worrians will mostly be after each other.
Staff For Rent
  1. Players will now be allowed to pay staff to develop for them! Players can pay staff to make levels (such as player houses), items, graphics, anything! So long as you pay the right price depending on the content and so long as it isn't abusive and against the rules. (No staff boots for players!)

We have much more planned, and I didn't go into full detail on this information, but you can expect great things from Maloria v3: Fear Reborn!

The server is currently Staff Only.

We currently need several talented LATs and GATs, and posisbly a ganier or two. If you are interested in the job please contact me via forum PM and include examples of your work and your IP/ComputerID. Examples of your work include level screenshots, graphics, ganis, whatever, depending on what you want to apply for.

We are excited about this, and we hope you'll like the final product. See you soon!

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-30-2007, 05:33 AM
Since 2001
BonzaiXxXSRStudios is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BonzaiXxXSRStudios
Hey

Im a GAT, but im usually do menus. I can do all types from colorful to wooden layouts.

Nutos (Jasler) and Yoke (lDarkDragonl) at Bonzai and Storm Reach Studios
Old 07-30-2007, 05:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Well, then follow my instructions in the post and forum PM me with your work and IP or Computer ID!

Quote:
Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Maniaman is on a distinguished road
this paying staff to make stuff for you is news to me

Current Maloria Event: (click to go to it)
Old 07-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Man I told you about that Maniaman D:
And I believe we agreed on it didn't we? ;^;

Quote:
Old 08-04-2007, 07:53 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Maloria started over again?!?!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Selflon_p2p is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Selflon_p2p
Why is there a way to dupe items at all. If one person finds out the whole server will find out. The threat of dire conditions is probably not that much of an incentive for people not to do it... pretty silly idea...

Staff for rent. Pay them with currency for the server I hope and not USD/GBP...
Old 08-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selflon_p2p View Post
Why is there a way to dupe items at all. If one person finds out the whole server will find out. The threat of dire conditions is probably not that much of an incentive for people not to do it... pretty silly idea...

Staff for rent. Pay them with currency for the server I hope and not USD/GBP...
Do you honestly think that ways to dupe are intentionally scripted?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-04-2007, 12:34 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Do you honestly think that ways to dupe are intentionally scripted?
*whistles*
Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Staff For Rent
Players will now be allowed to pay staff to develop for them! Players can pay staff to make levels (such as player houses), items, graphics, anything! So long as you pay the right price depending on the content and so long as it isn't abusive and against the rules. (No staff boots for players!)
It was all cool until I saw they could make items and graphics and anything for you.

Player-A: "Hai, can I have the strongest item in the game for 400k?"
Staff-A: "osure"
Player-B: "Hai, can you make these graphics for my server for 20k?"
Staff-B: "osure"
Player-C: "Hai, can you give me RC for 1 mil?"
Staff-C: "osure"
Old 08-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Fiorieiru
ChrisNolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ChrisNolan
Staff for Rent. Does this mean you can pay them to make you cute items like Fairy Wings? And do you pay them ingame money or real money?

Old 08-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Real money I guess... Or not?Both would make sense
Old 08-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrified View Post
It was all cool until I saw they could make items and graphics and anything for you.

Player-A: "Hai, can I have the strongest item in the game for 400k?"
Staff-A: "osure"
Player-B: "Hai, can you make these graphics for my server for 20k?"
Staff-B: "osure"
Player-C: "Hai, can you give me RC for 1 mil?"
Staff-C: "osure"
How simply can you really be? The last two won't be allowed and that isn't what the first one meant. In terms of the first one, people will be able to craft items using the items they already have. OR players can have staff DESIGN new item ideas.

Now shut your face before you make a fool of yourself, again.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
I can see it becoming kind of annoying at some point..."MAKE ME THIS, MAKE ME THAT, WELL IT'S YOUR JOB" ._.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 08-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Well of course it's only if the staff consent to it first of all, then the final decision goes to Maniaman, Vash and myself on whether to put it in the game or not.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.