Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 09:08 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Stop the trade window from stealing focus

The global trade window still steals focus. This is a major problem since it's now possible to initiate global trades via the playerlist (right click > Trade). When I was on Era I had to go out of my way to write a script to destroy the trade window on showing and return focus to the Graal client because players realized that if they sent trade requests to a player during a spar they could still the player's focus from the Graal window and freeze them until they click back in.

A better solution would be simply to not have the trade window steal focus, which is insanely easy to fix. Please fix it.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
yes please, i just got abused with this on GK.
and it happens alot on other servers during events.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 10-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Players can ignore trades and I think we also added some simple way to disable them on servers, there were some discussions about this before.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:36 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Players can ignore trades and I think we also added some simple way to disable them on servers, there were some discussions about this before.
They can ignore trades by clicking "ignore". Players are sending other players trade requests while sparring or doing events, for example, which causes them to freeze since it steals focus from GraalControl (and possibly lose the spar/event as a result).
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Cant you just make graalcontrol the firstresponder whenever it opens?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:05 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Cant you just make graalcontrol the firstresponder whenever it opens?
No, because this would cause other problems. For example, if a PM was open and you were typing, it would steal focus from the PM.

The easiest (best) solution that I know of is to create the window before, then show it/hide it instead of always creating/destroying so that focus is never stolen.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
No, because this would cause other problems. For example, if a PM was open and you were typing, it would steal focus from the PM.

The easiest (best) solution that I know of is to create the window before, then show it/hide it instead of always creating/destroying so that focus is never stolen.
Stefan wrote a few tips of making windows not steal focus. Why couldn't he just do that?

Though I don't know what the trade window looks like/how large it is... I suggest something noninvasive(not in the center of the screen, for example). Maybe even integrate it into the playerlist somehow? Perhaps a custom notification instead of a PM bubble? Though that may be easy to miss.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:18 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I lost 5 gelats once because of this. I was talking to someone (With the chatbar), so I was pressing the spacebar a lot. Suddenly this guy sends me a global trade request right when I hit the spacebar and apparently the default selection is "Accept" so by hitting Spacebar, I accepted the trade request and instantly lost 5 gelats. Having lost 5 gelats, I've instantly lost 1 month of subscription since it doesn't make up the full 300 of any month anymore, so I have 295 that are doing absolutely nothing... all because of that trade window -_-
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-17-2010, 01:21 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Someone used this earlier to disrupt spar tournaments on Unholy Nation, ya please fix.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:10 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
nop sorry i wont implement such an easy request that should have been done in the first place. go do a long workaround im not gonna listen to my playerbase. thx~
Old 10-17-2010, 02:56 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
nop sorry i wont implement such an easy request that should have been done in the first place. go do a long workaround im not gonna listen to my playerbase. thx~
I wish that was a joke.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I lost 5 gelats once because of this. I was talking to someone (With the chatbar), so I was pressing the spacebar a lot. Suddenly this guy sends me a global trade request right when I hit the spacebar and apparently the default selection is "Accept" so by hitting Spacebar, I accepted the trade request and instantly lost 5 gelats. Having lost 5 gelats, I've instantly lost 1 month of subscription since it doesn't make up the full 300 of any month anymore, so I have 295 that are doing absolutely nothing... all because of that trade window -_-
Happened to me before, only it was 200 gelats.
That's why I practically quit Graal and started using the forums.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:26 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
lol defaults to "accept?" That is such a bad move.