Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 AM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Ya, I think they should just make Zodiac more basic again. Less of all these "prestige" classes. I think it was more enjoyable back then.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:57 AM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
No! I cannot part with my Battlechanter.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 PM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
This.

Was fun when everyone was using a basic class and you had a priest healing and buffing you and had a tank to gather them then you masses w/ spells.

Used to be able to hit and run mass w/ archer too, haven't seen that either, its always a thief with a leech weapon now, and their friends sit there talking.
Mages can't mass anymore?

Well I'm definitely glad I stopped playing this server now.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Have to disagree on the druid thing. I hold my own pretty well. Sure, it takes a hell of a long time to kill someone, but I'm pretty sure you won't kill me unless I'm being teamed. I'm also not considering OP Aeromancers, or people with full sets of epic gear that makes their damage unreal.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 02-14-2011, 07:25 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
yo since this is ur own thread, as requested:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1297660974.png
Views:	158
Size:	309.8 KB
ID:	52447   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1297660984.png
Views:	157
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	52448   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1297661010.png
Views:	155
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	52449  
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
Ya, I think they should just make Zodiac more basic again. Less of all these "prestige" classes. I think it was more enjoyable back then.
The problem isn't prestige classes.
Take a look at this.. There are 6 base classes. 2 of each 'type' (physical, agile, magical)

The physical group:
Warrior: Can tank in PvE and control aggro.
Monk: Garbage in PvE. Better in PvP.

The agile group:
Thief: Also good in PvE. Especially when utilizing drains and blinds.
Scout: Garbage in PvE. Better in PvP.

The magical group:
Priest: Great support in PvE.
Mage: Garbage in PvE. Better in PvP.

I've noticed this long ago, and it is no coincidence. Though I'm not agreeing that classes should be split down the middle between PvP and PvE. Every class should definitely play valuable roles in both PvP and PvE.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:00 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Timeweavers, huh, what are they good for?

Absolutely nothing. ;_;

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 02-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
you all suck
Old 02-15-2011, 04:18 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Uh Jiroxys... I hate to break this one to ya but the prestige classes are the problems along with the overwork on hybrids with barely any love towards pure classes.

Warrior: Only good If geared and even then he's outdated, Look below for who easily outdates this big guy.

Who Outdates this class:

Dragoon: Hand em basic BM equipment + the spear with basic accessory and all he has to do is jump and freeze and he can take you down in mere moments,

Gladiator: Higher HP, Equal Armor, More Stuns, Monk's Discipline (That **** is nice). This armored destruction machine has more strength in PvP if smart (Warriors only have Leg Trample as any form of advantage which only works for so long versus anyone else)

Dark Knight: This gothic version of our warrior man is practically a vampire (literally can be one) and drain so much life its uncanny along with the power of scythe mastery they can outtank the warrior in no time and with all the life drain these suckers got the warrior is useless.
-

Scout: Seemingly okay until you come to the realization; it's a gimmick class and all that's special is that you can shoot arrows (Man those 600 shots will murder that 40k gladiator in no time if he stands still!)

Who outdates:

Ranger: Basically a scout who decided thiefs were cool and then thought "screw it ima stay a scout" and got magical powers with his arrows (what?) which can do more damage versus the typical scout.

-

Thief: This is probably the only one I'm wrong about, the thief has no actual- OH WAIT I'm wrong again... This guy is only outdated by one other that outdates this guy and he's probably one of the most complained.

Runeprowler: Once again somehow arcane gives this class some sort of magical high and he can do "Runes" or something which would make sense if ya know... there were any runes in the first place for these guys..? Anyways these are practically Mage + Thief (Not Ninja for those nerds reading) gone right but a bit too strong like it would be obviously predicted but with no mage or thief like pure abilities.. They can mimic the dark knight shadow swipe, heal their mana, blind/slow a man, shoot some tiny blue balls of magic that bounce everywhere for about ten seconds until they disappear capable of about 600-1000 damage I believe a piece (They don't really hit all at once so this is fine).. They can do a lot of things but they easily outdate the class considering they appear thief based.

Monk: This guy is the real one I'm only somewhat wrong about in my original statement, These guys are pretty strong, High as hell HP (I made one in three days and he's got 42k HP) and he can hit pretty well, the only problem being it's like these guys never learned any basic boxing or failure nerd fight moves and do a hook at their opponents and along with it they have no clear range, a sword can hit with considerable range but a fist has about the range of a toddler's arm. (it's like they also don't know how to do power moves that don't rip off an anime).

It's somewhat arguable that Gladiators outdate Monks simply because they're like monks with armor skin.

Mage: These guys are probably the only pure class that's held up to this day at all and that's because fireball can be spammed at nonstop otherwise these guys would easily be outdated by Ninjas and Freelance (Also any of the mancers).

Priest:
These guys are good, but again they're outdated..

Caster Paladin: These guys can heal up a storm if built right and they can deal some damage. Not much else to really say.
Druid: These guys will heal up a bigger storm, cause one and also make a root spear do unspeakable things to your opponent's genitals while they're healed for thousands and hold you down along with the right build they'll easily decimate you (Druid Mage)

That's about all I got to say.

My point being; Pure classes are just subpar and the rest are the reason as to why.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:43 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
no half of what you said is wrong
Old 02-15-2011, 04:45 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Well I made a rough base, correct me. The first step to the solution is compromise.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Zormite
I only read half of it. It cost about 800k to gear a warrior to roll kids.

Scout and Ranger are different, i.e. Chase's PK Scout.

IDK SRY
Old 02-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
I never said it was expensive Only said they need to be geared (this can mean basic BM to full blown badass prefix and suffix rare godly gear)

Scout n Ranger yeah.. theres your differences but really... Rangers are common as hell versus a scout for a reason.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Good farming discussion we have going on here.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Oh yeah man only the best.. It turned from Farming to Balance plx

But to farming... DKs are obviously the best, nerf lifeleech guise.

Closed Thread