FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
So what happened?

I would appreciate if a PWA member would tell the players what happened with whatever you guys were doing on RC last night, since the immediate fallout has been a massive number of staff members resigning, and several current and previous staff members massing about a vast number of staff issues for everyone to see.

Why did all these staff choose to depart? What has the PWA chosen to do? Chosen to not do? Should we players expect any sort of reasonable change soon or just the same crap still?

In less than a day since your appearance, we've seen the same blatant nepotism that dominates the upper ranks of this server, seeing friends of Streety's hired to the Events Team without any sort of (public) application process.

Should we still be expecting nepotism instead of meritocracy to be the norm for how staff operates on UN?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Twinny probably used their RC Chat to showcase his comedy routine.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
I miss having an Events Team.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:27 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I miss Ph8 not being ETA
Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Now that Mark Sir Link brings it up... I'm curious as well. Someone must've really messed up.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:26 AM
nightslayer317 will become famous soon enough
Everyones still playing though. Rufus wasn't hosting events in the ET center but he was pimpin the ladies with his Heart Staff a few minutes ago.

People come and people go. Its how UN rolls.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:17 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
You may contact Unholy Nation management for the full story if they want to give it to you. I will say, however, that some staff members were unhappy with our response and quickly jumped ship.

I'm assuming most everybody who left was part of the Events Team - and therefore, close to one specific member of the staff team. Many staff members leaving does not mean that Unholy Nation has a bad manager, it means that one staff member who is influential was unhappy and left, and took his friends and followers with him.

Personally, I do not know what the other PWAs said to anyone - but it shouldn't have been anything at all. This situation is between the PWA and UN management, and that's how it will stay. Any updates that majorly affect the public will be announced, but right now there is nothing to know.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
rufus quit like three times last year. dunno how anyone can be surprised about that. he's emotionally unstable so its for the best.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
You may contact Unholy Nation management for the full story if they want to give it to you. I will say, however, that some staff members were unhappy with our response and quickly jumped ship.

I'm assuming most everybody who left was part of the Events Team - and therefore, close to one specific member of the staff team. Many staff members leaving does not mean that Unholy Nation has a bad manager, it means that one staff member who is influential was unhappy and left, and took his friends and followers with him.

Personally, I do not know what the other PWAs said to anyone - but it shouldn't have been anything at all. This situation is between the PWA and UN management, and that's how it will stay. Any updates that majorly affect the public will be announced, but right now there is nothing to know.
So if there's nothing for players to know, I assume that means you guys just aren't going to do anything and decided the situation on UN is fine?

I kind of find it disheartening that apathy has seeped into every level of the GraalOnline hierarchy, when there are people who are both capable and interested available widely through the community.

Also not sure how this is exclusively turning into something about Rufus, I would THINK though that any person actually capable of running a server/PWA/etc might stop and consider for a moment, though, that if a large chunk of staff are willing to ditch the continuous rat race for power that most of UN's staff seem focused on, there might be a good reason why.

It's not like someone just magically becomes influential.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'm assuming
Seems that's all you're doing. No, it wasn't just Events Team members that resigned. No, I didn't ask any of them to, they did it when I had gone to bed. No, I didn't influence any decisions and before I had gone to bed I told them that nothing was going to change for that team. They did leave though, as did a FAQ member and one of the only active developers. It seems that you're quite happy to just assume it's all down to me rather than investigate the situation, which is what you were supposed to be doing. Seems the PWA hold personal bias too, so I don't know what anyone was expecting to come from this, it's just ridiculous.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Seems that's all you're doing. No, it wasn't just Events Team members that resigned. No, I didn't ask any of them to, they did it when I had gone to bed. No, I didn't influence any decisions and before I had gone to bed I told them that nothing was going to change for that team. They did leave though, as did a FAQ member and one of the only active developers. It seems that you're quite happy to just assume it's all down to me rather than investigate the situation, which is what you were supposed to be doing. Seems the PWA hold personal bias too, so I don't know what anyone was expecting to come from this, it's just ridiculous.
I don't know why you're so quick to attack what I said, I never said anything about you in that post. I only stated my assumption based on what commonly happens in situations like these.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
I never said anything about you in that post.
Quote:
one specific member of the staff team.
Were they close to Crono or something?
Old 01-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
This is not the best place for such a discussion. The best move would be to inquire in the method Tig has outlined.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Closed Thread