FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 11:30 PM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwr
when i summoned a "few" (20-30?) monster pets, my handle count for the graal4.exe goes to 230.000 and many nice errors about no memory left start appearing
I can't get this to happen, but I sure had fun trying
Does it happen to anybody else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nocrash.png
Views:	182
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	32142  

Last edited by CheeToS2; 05-21-2005 at 12:02 AM..
Old 05-21-2005, 04:20 AM
unsoundness
Ibonic will become famous soon enough
When "locking" Windows XP (windows key + L) with the game window focused and returning, I received a "Win32 API function failed" error message and black screen. After doing it a second time, the game completely froze and I was unable to close it without using the task manager to force kill the process.

While on Classic in some sparring rooms that disable weapons, such as gc_sparring_01.nw - the weapons are not (re)enabled when they should be. The reproduce this, it's best to have a (Game Coordinator) tag in the said level and type "start" without quotes to enable the weapons ; "stop" disables the weapons. Using version 2 there is no problem, but it does exist in v3.
[Edit] Note, this uses save[]

Last edited by Ibonic; 05-21-2005 at 06:44 AM..
Old 05-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibonic
When "locking" Windows XP (windows key + L) with the game window focused and returning, I received a "Win32 API function failed" error message and black screen. After doing it a second time, the game completely froze and I was unable to close it without using the task manager to force kill the process.
I do not experience this problem with either Graal 3 or 4. :o
Old 05-21-2005, 10:38 PM
unsoundness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
I do not experience this problem with either Graal 3 or 4. :o
I have no problem with Graal v3 doing this, but it's a different case with Graal v4. For me it's reproducible on multiple XP (SP1/SP2) machines, and doesn't appear to happen on Windows 2000/2003. One of the machines uses an ATI video card while the other uses NVIDIA; Both are using DirectX 9.0c with the newest drivers etc.
I have my XP user accounts passworded (hence the "locking"), if that matters. I'll see what else might affect it and edit my post later when I have more time..

[Edit]
Ohh, seems to only happen when the playerlist is open, even if one or both of the windows are minimized. Big key there

[Edit2]
Seems that we can't play music etc. with another program while Graal v4 is running- I think if that's true, quite a few people won't appreciate it.

Last edited by Ibonic; 05-21-2005 at 10:55 PM..
Old 05-21-2005, 11:46 PM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
[Edit2]
Seems that we can't play music etc. with another program while Graal v4 is running- I think if that's true, quite a few people won't appreciate it.
I have no problem with doing this myself. Get a better sound card?
Old 05-22-2005, 12:19 AM
unsoundness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Get a better sound card?
Although it's not the best, I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS card -- I can normally play other games (including Graal v2 and some 3D games with a lot more happening) while listening to music at the same time without having a problem. It actually works on my laptop which has some of the worst built-in audio there is right now. So I don't believe it's really a question of the performance/quality of the card, but the options that the game's using for (DirectX?) sound output etc. that might make it do this on certain cards; Maybe more of a compatibility problem? It just seems like Graal is 'stealing' the audio output from anything else while it's in use -- e.g. the music will 'play', but it appears to be 'muted' at the time.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Graal v3 and v4 use the same sound library like WoW. I am setting the option for continuing the music even if the program doesn't have the focus though, may be that is the problem ?
Old 05-22-2005, 01:39 AM
unsoundness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Graal v3 and v4 use the same sound library like WoW. I am setting the option for continuing the music even if the program doesn't have the focus though, may be that is the problem ?
I don't think that's what I meant. The Graal music plays fine for me, but I normally have it off anyway. What I tried to do is play some external music (MP3s) with some other program like Winamp, while Graal is running. I can do this fine with Graal v2, but not with v4 when I use the Audigy 2 series sound cards (although it may happen with others too)..
It's not really a bug, but it will probably bother some people if they happen to have a sound card that experiences this.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Poont.
Ajira is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think that's what I meant. The Graal music plays fine for me, but I normally have it off anyway. What I tried to do is play some external music (MP3s) with some other program like Winamp, while Graal is running. I can do this fine with Graal v2, but not with v4 when I use the Audigy 2 series sound cards (although it may happen with others too)..
It's not really a bug, but it will probably bother some people if they happen to have a sound card that experiences this.
It works fine for me. o_O

Old 05-22-2005, 06:47 AM
Canadian
Nitro2030ce is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitro2030ce Send a message via MSN to Nitro2030ce
Do you have the volume meter down on graal? That usually causes the problem, I had the same problem with midis.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro2030ce
Do you have the volume meter down on graal? That usually causes the problem, I had the same problem with midis.
I do not think you read the post correctly.
Quote:
What I tried to do is play some external music (MP3s) with some other program like Winamp
Is Winamp the only other program you have tried?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
The playerlist icons should be more clear, e.g:
*CONNECTED SERVER = 1 Noob head
*ALL SERVERS = Multiple noob heads (Currently the connected server icon)

And the icons should stay the same, not change to PM bubbles when you get a PM so its easy to navigate still, else it gets confusing as to what each tab is for.

If possible a better icon for guilds? I don't know, would be hard to think one up.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:03 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
- Takes very long to open serverlist after clicking Start button or pressing F8. zwr says it may be trying to connect to a local IP, then it fails and uses the real listserver

- Using WinXP, if you lock the computer while the playerlist is opened (windows key + L), an errors occurs: "A Win32 API function failed"
With v2 those things don't happen?

The new icons for the player list tabs have been added because the text is too huge if you have 5 tabs I tried to find good gfx, if someone wants to make nicer ones then he/she is welcome to do so. The server icon is displaying part of the earth ball, like on the RC.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:12 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
With v2 those things don't happen?
Ajira and Stormie tested it, it doesn't

Old 05-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Graal Administration
The problem with the variables in cheetos_variables.nw is that the clientside script of local npcs is still handled as old script, need to fix that.

Update: fixed it
Closed Thread