Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx
- Close chatbar when player clicks on the game window
I don't like this, it should be there all the time. Like on V2..
Hmmm for new players it would probably be good if it's always there, otherwise they might not find out that you need to press Tab to chat. For people that know the chat thing it is probably nicer to only display the chat bar when needed, makes the game look nicer.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
(!) Set player to paused when Graal isn't focused, and set playerpaused (still seems broken)
It works perfectly for me, exactly the same way like in v2. What is broken with that?

Quote:
Some clientside 2x2 tile changes by script aren't sent to the server (bushes, pots, etc DO work) (tested with shovel on Graal2001)
Actually tile modifications are always sent to the server (same like with v2). But the server doesn't accept all modifications if the old tileset is used, only 2x2 and only if one the 9 allowed objects are replaced (grass, vase, bush, sign, stone, blackstone, swamp, stake1 and stake2 (for hammer)).

Quote:
When the 'start in fullscreen' option is enabled, the start screen/serverlist is not centered
Works fine for me
Old 08-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Wasn't V4 suppost to be released almost a month ago now? Maybe longer?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:08 PM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
It works perfectly for me, exactly the same way like in v2. What is broken with that?
I tried it with another person on N-Pulse and Classic, they both said I didn't become paused when I looked at another screen. I think one of them told me that it wasn't working in v2 anymore too, but I haven't tested that.

EDIT: Okay, it is working in v.37 now, but playerpaused is only being set serverside and not clientside too (Lance says this is how v2 does it but it would be better to have it set both serverside and clientside)

Quote:
Actually tile modifications are always sent to the server (same like with v2). But the server doesn't accept all modifications if the old tileset is used, only 2x2 and only if one the 9 allowed objects are replaced (grass, vase, bush, sign, stone, blackstone, swamp, stake1 and stake2 (for hammer)).
Oh, ok. Well, the shovel on 2k1 and N-Pulse is changing grass tiles to dirt tiles; I am guessing that is what you mean by the 'grass' one? When I dig a hole, only I can see it. When people using v2 dig one, I can see it too.
EDIT: Works in 4.0.1.0

Quote:
Works fine for me
Ah, I had it set to a non-4:3 resolution I think. Sorry

Last edited by CheeToS2; 08-24-2005 at 08:12 PM..
Old 08-23-2005, 09:25 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeToS2
- Pressing Escape or holding the scrollbar on the playerlist makes the client freeze, so people can avoid being hit more than once
Damn clientside baddys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeToS2
- If you change your nickname and switch to another server, your nickname is set back to what it was originally
This also happens with Graal3.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:38 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Minor feature request:
Refocus the main window after using the playerlist warpto option

Bugs:
Profiles are near warpto, and accidently warped on GK... and it worked? Thought that was disabled.

Any hotkey on GK also shows "Uknown command. Try help." after it works.

Old 08-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
I'd like a few more options in the options dialog, for example "Always show chat bar".
Also the Update thing should also make sure all standard animations/graphics/etc (walk.gani, idle.gani, GUI images (the ones in the startup screen)) are present.
Besides that, the fixing of the text lag also fixed many other lags, which is great!

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 08-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Maniaman is on a distinguished road
Everytime I go to the updates tab, it shows 1 node with no name, that can't be clicked on. To fix I have to delete all of the .gupd files in the updatepackages folder.

edit: this seems to be working fine now...

Current Maloria Event: (click to go to it)
Old 08-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry
I'd like a few more options in the options dialog, for example "Always show chat bar".
And have it always shown by default, for new users (hence solving that problem).

Also I noticed the window size is saved, but if you close it maximized, it comes back at your screen resolution, but not maximized. It should save it's maximized status. I worked around this by changing the Icon properties under the Shortcut tab to Run: Maximized

Old 08-25-2005, 06:31 PM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
Bugs:
Profiles are near warpto, and accidently warped on GK... and it worked? Thought that was disabled.
Chat command for warping is disabled... not the actual functionality I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
Also I noticed the window size is saved, but if you close it maximized, it comes back at your screen resolution, but not maximized. It should save it's maximized status. I worked around this by changing the Icon properties under the Shortcut tab to Run: Maximized
Yeah I reported this problem awhile ago... don't think Stefan commented on it though.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:38 PM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
I noticed when you turn off the minimap and you put your mouse over where the minimap was players names still come up.. Rather annoying
Old 08-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Graal Administration
Yes its the same in v2 too though I think, you still see the PM bubbles to be able to open them quickly, even if the minimap is turned off
Eventually open a new thread for bug reports now that we have an own forum for it
Old 08-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Graal V4 works on my Windows XP Pro. x64. Thats the good news for some here. Only bad news it, the playerlist just popped up for no reason... uhm ok

UDP is bugged up on LAN based or wireless(AKA Broadband) and unless your a genius with networking, most normal people have no idea what UDP is and should not even use the option in Graal, turn it OFF by DEFAULT. I see a few players walking at the door because their UDP is messed up and it dont show anyone moving around.

Last edited by ReBorn_Spirit; 08-25-2005 at 09:26 PM..
Old 08-25-2005, 09:23 PM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit
Graal V4 works on my Windows XP Pro. x64. Thats the good news for some here. Only bad news it, the playerlist just popped up for no reason... uhm ok
Yes, I think Stefan made it so it pops up when you log on. It is probably easier for new players that way. If you usually have your playerlist open, Graal will now save its position every time you run the client (along with the position of the client itself).
Old 08-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Graal V4 saddly will not boot up again for me, even the install program refuses to launch. Better start looking at getting this fixed for all the people that are gonna be moving over to 64 bit in the next two years or so. I read things about Microsoft's new os "Vista" is going to be for 64 bit, and that Microsoft will be starting to push for 64 bit programs. Don't be stating this please, It could be a rumour from somewheres too.

**Desktop shortcut is messed up and will not allow me to load the application. Simple fix is to manually load it up, as in go into the graal folder and opening "graal4.exe" (it only worked once after that though)

Last edited by ReBorn_Spirit; 08-26-2005 at 08:49 AM..
Closed Thread