Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
That would make it unfair to all the newer players which is what keeps them from playing to begin with. If there was a level reset and they got rid of EAing It would keep people from reaching 107 and give the newer players a chance since they can use any bugs to level up like the other players. People who earned their items shouldn't have them removed although if your doing a level reset you might as well do an item reset while your at it. But they won't do a reset anyways because they think GK will just die.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Resetting, putting it onto classic list, are both just band-aid fixes. The problems will repeat themselves unless something is actually done about it. The only way either of those choices would work is if they were done with a new mind-set about the server. IE, sure, a reset would be useful only if after the reset, all issues were dealt with, and updates were kept. Otherwise problems would just come back soon enough.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Get rid of EAing stuff, Whoever came up with that idea didn't think twice.
Or make it +10 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
That would make it unfair to all the newer players which is what keeps them from playing to begin with. If there was a level reset and they got rid of EAing It would keep people from reaching 107 and give the newer players a chance since they can use any bugs to level up like the other players. People who earned their items shouldn't have them removed although if your doing a level reset you might as well do an item reset while your at it. But they won't do a reset anyways because they think GK will just die.
Or staff could make it so, you can only EA your own items or somthing or make this possible by putting a restriction on armour, not being able to wear it unless your the correct level for that number of EAs.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:24 AM
<3
Moonite is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Moonite Send a message via Yahoo to Moonite
Just make the EAed Items like the this Prepared Weapons

Like:
"These are Moonite's GLÜCKSSTIEFEL +7 "
and if anyone else want to hold Those GLÜCKSSTIEGEL The OWNER (MOONITE) has 2 Cleanse those boots FIRST before Anyone else can hold them!
Moonite cant even Put his GLÜCKSSTIEFEL on the Trade Table!

After Moonite Cleansed these Boots he can Trade them away or put them on the trade table.. or just drop them on the ground

There will be less scamm.

CLASS SYSTEM!
Why is there an Class System? u just can ****ing learn anything that other classes can!

it just should be like on the Start

Priest
can cure himself or other players
can heal himself or other players
can use his prayers to defend himselfs
can bless weapons, but cant use them (except small like daggers or something like that)

Warriorr could hold larger weapons but cant use magic or something..
it would make more sense what class u pick from the beginning

Alchymist would make alot of Money with there Items that they can creat..

Last edited by Moonite; 07-03-2007 at 12:37 AM..
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonite View Post
Just make the EAed Items like the this Prepared Weapons

Like:
"These are Moonite's GLÜCKSSTIEFEL +7 "
and if anyone else want to hold Those GLÜCKSSTIEGEL The OWNER (MOONITE) has 2 Cleanse those boots FIRST before Anyone else can hold them!
Moonite cant even Put his GLÜCKSSTIEFEL on the Trade Table!

After Moonite Cleansed these Boots he can Trade them away or put them on the trade table.. or just drop them on the ground

There will be less scamm.

CLASS SYSTEM!
Why is there an Class System? u just can ****ing learn anything that other classes can!
Good idea, I guess. But people won't go for it. It measn they'd have to keep forking out 60 diamonds to EA the armour again after every trade.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Ess
Mousymee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mousymee
If they took out EAing, more people could break ac, and would encourage bmoding. That's really not a bad idea.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Global News Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousymee View Post
If they took out EAing, more people could break ac, and would encourage bmoding. That's really not a bad idea.
I think it would stop people going into bmode. Because without ac, they'd be getting killed all the time.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:00 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
'IF THEY GOT RID OF EA'ING I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GODMODE VS LOWBIES
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Mercenary
Raziel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raziel
Perhaps a Graal subscription boycott is in order? Just a thought.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Ess
Mousymee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mousymee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
I think it would stop people going into bmode. Because without ac, they'd be getting killed all the time.

They'd get killed with ac too, but at least without it they can hit us too.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
And I had to level up without. It's not immposible to level up without the party system. In fact, with the part system people leveled up way to fast. Thats why they took it away.
That doesn't take away the fact that you had to level up with an unfair disadvantage. I don't know what your level is, and assuming you havn't maxed everything out... maybe you'd be at a much higher level or even wealth if it wasn't for disabling partying past 20?
I'm not arguing against you.
I'm arguing against the system.

Also, a reset refers to items and levels. Everything. Going back to nothing. No items anywhere, on anyone, lying on any floor, nowhere. Resetting levels but not items would be ridiculous.
"Remove EAing, limits skill scrolls"... These ideas are just as bad as what's happened in the past UNLESS you bring a reset of some sort with it.

Here's why a reset is better. Let's say you use some of these ideas. Let's say they limit skill scrolls to create a balance. (and they make it so you can only be as your class) Let's say your class is sorceror and you have melee weapons you invested a lot into. (If you're like me, you'd at least have your rare event item weapon you put lots of diamonds and EW's into, not to mention the blessing... and then you have an other rare weapon that you put lots of diamonds and IWD's into.) So they make it so sorcs can no longer use melee weapons. They have one of two choices- let you keep your current skills/status, giving you an unfair advantage over new players for years to come. Or they can remove that stuff from you. Of course, since you invested so much into it, you'd be upset. I would too. As it turns out, you never got around to working on your sorcery enough (since the mechanics of the games work that way...)... so you feel the barbarian who you were once at a competitive level with, now has a great advantage because like you, he relied mostly on melee weapons, however, his were not removed. A reset, however, would level everyone to the same playing field.

This idea works with anythting. You can't just remove something from the game and ignore that people were already using it and benefitting from it, will continue to have an advantage over other people.

Also, some of you are giving an invalid argument of "They'll never reset". The argument isn't whether or not they'll reset. It's if we want them to reset or not, and why or why not. Noone is arguing saying "surely they'll reset!". Such an argument is pointless.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Global News Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousymee View Post
They'd get killed with ac too, but at least without it they can hit us too.
Then they might aswell just get rid off all levels, armour, and weapons. Apart from a sword and a bow. And people just hit each other like on classic.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:11 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
stuff.
not to be an synonym of my account name but if you feel so strongly why don't you make a thread with a poll and see what the results are? It would be interesting
I do agree with most of what you said.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:12 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
I think most of you who wants a reset expects GK to go back to what it was when it first was released. And it's not going to be like that.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
I think most of you who wants a reset expects GK to go back to what it was when it first was released. And it's not going to be like that.
Because? I wasn't around for the first gk but I think a reset would be nice because then I might be the same level as some of those people who spend a ton of time on and I might stand a chance in a fight against them with only a fraction of the time on the server.