Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:51 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
then they won't have a challenge.

if they become the best then what happens to the real best players?

or will staff restrict someone everytime they become 'all powerful'?
Old 02-16-2007, 03:16 AM
Follower of Ultros
Valder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
then they won't have a challenge.

if they become the best then what happens to the real best players?

or will staff restrict someone everytime they become 'all powerful'?
I'm not saying that, but honestly, the proof is in the pudding for lack of a better term. When GK first came out it had about 200 players a day. Then after a handful of players became the "best" a lot of newbies who pretty much didn't have a chance quit. Now GK has less than 50 players on a good day.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:27 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
funny, other servers have been just like that. perhaps when gk came out those 200 people wanted to check it out. when a server comes out people flock to it in the beginning.

and restriciting people wont help gk. theyll tell their friends and itll eventually spread that gks staff are 'corrupt' and if you are too good they get rid of you.

if staff are going to restrict good event players from events, then restrict good fighters from fighting, good sailors from sailing and good kings form leading their kingdom. dont half ass it. if you plan on getting rid of the best at events, take out the best at everything so other people can have a chance at that.

no, that isnt supposed to make sense, but neither does restricting good event players.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:11 AM
Follower of Ultros
Quote:
funny, other servers have been just like that. perhaps when gk came out those 200 people wanted to check it out. when a server comes out people flock to it in the beginning.

and restriciting people wont help gk. theyll tell their friends and itll eventually spread that gks staff are 'corrupt' and if you are too good they get rid of you.

if staff are going to restrict good event players from events, then restrict good fighters from fighting, good sailors from sailing and good kings form leading their kingdom. dont half ass it. if you plan on getting rid of the best at events, take out the best at everything so other people can have a chance at that.

no, that isnt supposed to make sense, but neither does restricting good event players.
Your way of thinking is stupid. Deophite was trying to win all the Valentine's Rods. He already obtained 2 of them, it was only fair to tell him that he couldn't win any more so that other people had a chance to get one of their own. No one ever said that you had to restrict the best person from doing what they're good at, but if they already have won the event, gotten the prize already, then someone else should have a chance at getting it. This is how the economy get's screwed up and why items are so rediculously overpriced.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
if he can win, he deserves them.
that was my point.

if someone is able to do something, let them do it to the best of their abilities. im one of the new players that lose to him and i dont see it as upsetting the economy, or as never being able to win because hes better than me. i see it as "oh look, hes way better than me, look how many wands and ec he won. i should do better to be like that guy one day"

and does it really matter if he won 17 of the valentines wands? they didnt have stats and the gfx wasnt really that great, they were just rare.

and if him getting all these rare items is upsetting the economy, heres a thought: get rid of them. get rid of all the unbalanced items. reset the server. if items are going to cause such a problem restart and give everyone fair chance.

or let people get what they earn. that seems like the right thing to do.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:33 AM
Follower of Ultros
Quote:
if he can win, he deserves them.
that was my point.

if someone is able to do something, let them do it to the best of their abilities. im one of the new players that lose to him and i dont see it as upsetting the economy, or as never being able to win because hes better than me. i see it as "oh look, hes way better than me, look how many wands and ec he won. i should do better to be like that guy one day"

and does it really matter if he won 17 of the valentines wands? they didnt have stats and the gfx wasnt really that great, they were just rare.

and if him getting all these rare items is upsetting the economy, heres a thought: get rid of them. get rid of all the unbalanced items. reset the server. if items are going to cause such a problem restart and give everyone fair chance.

or let people get what they earn. that seems like the right thing to do.
Resetting the server has been discussed and many people want it to happen. That is, the people that DON'T have all the rare items. This argument is getting nowhere fast. The GK economy has been unbalanced since pretty much it's start and the fact that the server is pretty much dead to begin with is proof that not many people wanna play it anyway.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:42 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
i think a restart is stupid too. let it be unbalanced. in one way or another people earned those items.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Mercenary
Raziel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raziel
Lyon of France has been winning the league title for years on end, and grossly. And yet, the French Football Federation (I'm talking about REAL football that doesn't involve helmets) doesn't tell them they can't participate or that they can only participate for fun. They get the damn title over and over and effing over! And if nobody else can compete, that's just life.

Oh...and,
A restart will not happen. Just give up.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
I don't really see where the problem is - Deophite already won a rod, and to make the event more enjoyable for everyone else he was limited from winning anymore. "omg but what if we did that this this this and this"... well, GK doesn't. It's not going to see that a player is level 110 and restrict it from participating, etc. That's just really silly. It works well for events, doesn't work well in other situations - GK staff don't apply it to other situations, so where's the prob, Bob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
They get the damn title over and over and effing over! And if nobody else can compete, that's just life.
Yea, where people need to earn a living and it's a competitive game. The difference here is the games on GK are entertainment-only, which serve the general user base. They're supposed to be fun, not an elitist grinding stone.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Ok plain and simple. He won two and other people wanted to win one. I had every right to tell him he couldn't win more. Its not fair to other people who want a new item. What would he have done? Hoarded them till the price went up? Sold them for 50+ dias?? Answer that. Its not fair to other ppl. Deo's just whining because I wasn't stupid enough to keep letting him win it. Neither was Proto
Old 02-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Ok plain and simple. He won two and other people wanted to win one. I had every right to tell him he couldn't win more. Its not fair to other people who want a new item. What would he have done? Hoarded them till the price went up? Sold them for 50+ dias?? Answer that. Its not fair to other ppl. Deo's just whining because I wasn't stupid enough to keep letting him win it. Neither was Proto
This is pointless. I feel like im trying to explain something to someone who is mentally challenged. You just keep saying the same thing over and over again. Also, of course im going to try and keep winning and of course i want to win more than one so i can trade them. Anyways, you may restrict me from winning on Deophite18 but im just going to switch accounts each event and then transfer the items. So your attempts to restrict me are in vain. You lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yea, where people need to earn a living and it's a competitive game. The difference here is the games on GK are entertainment-only, which serve the general user base. They're supposed to be fun, not an elitist grinding stone.

Entertainment only? Then why is there a prize. They play soccer to get paid. I enter events to win EC's items to trade. You totally missed the point.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
This is pointless. I feel like im trying to explain something to someone who is mentally challenged. You just keep saying the same thing over and over again. Also, of course im going to try and keep winning and of course i want to win more than one so i can trade them. Anyways, you may restrict me from winning on Deophite18 but im just going to switch accounts each event and then transfer the items. So your attempts to restrict me are in vain. You lose.
Actually the mere mention of you wanting more shows your greed. How hard is it for you to understand that me and proto were trying to be fair and giving other people a chance to win one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18
Also, of course im going to try and keep winning and of course i want to win more than one so i can trade them.
See this is what i mean. How is it fair to the other ppl who need to trade it for whatever price you set. You tell me not to talk about fairness. Lets talk about being greedy. This statement just proved your greed. Now understand once and for all and stop whining.

I WAS TRYING TO BE FAIR TO OTHER PEOPLE BY RESTRICTING YOU. The valentine's day wand was a brand new item. What gives you the right to hoard them all? Nothing gives you the right. I really don't care about ec's and such but a new item as this I do care about. This is done and over with. But understand this and this is for everyone..not just Deo. If a new item gets released and I get to event it off I will restrict you to only 1 of the item. That way it is fair to other people and they won't be scammed of their hard earned items or a new person won't be scammed because someone wants too.

End of conversation Deo. whats done is done and my fellow em's (don't know about kyden) would back me up on this. Again if you don't like the way we run events then don't enter. These as bjorn said are supposed to be fun and not about wanting items.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Actually the mere mention of you wanting more shows your greed. How hard is it for you to understand that me and proto were trying to be fair and giving other people a chance to win one.

See this is what i mean. How is it fair to the other ppl who need to trade it for whatever price you set. You tell me not to talk about fairness. Lets talk about being greedy. This statement just proved your greed. Now understand once and for all and stop whining.

I WAS TRYING TO BE FAIR TO OTHER PEOPLE BY RESTRICTING YOU. The valentine's day wand was a brand new item. What gives you the right to hoard them all? Nothing gives you the right. I really don't care about ec's and such but a new item as this I do care about. This is done and over with. But understand this and this is for everyone..not just Deo. If a new item gets released and I get to event it off I will restrict you to only 1 of the item. That way it is fair to other people and they won't be scammed of their hard earned items or a new person won't be scammed because someone wants too.

End of conversation Deo. whats done is done and my fellow em's (don't know about kyden) would back me up on this. Again if you don't like the way we run events then don't enter. These as bjorn said are supposed to be fun and not about wanting items.

Like i said, you lose. I won 4 wands that day even after you restricted me from entering. Just thought id show you how pointless your efforts to keep me out of events are. And from now on im entering all your events and trying extra hard just because you dont want me to win.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
This has been nothing but a flame war from the beginning, that's enough.