Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What do you think of suggestions?
Awesome! 37 47.44%
Galdor for president! 18 23.08%
I dont know 12 15.38%
Sux. 11 14.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2009, 06:57 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
wtf is this graal3d crap you keep mentioning
I dont know its Cronos fault >=O

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:44 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I have said this 100 times to many people, but I'll say it here as well... I really do agree, I would love to see an overhaul of the 3D terrain and I would even be willing to remake the entire world if it meant we could have a more realistic feel to the terrain... vertex shaded water that actually moves and possibly little waves on the shore... an arc around things moving in the water to make it actually look like you're moving through water for ships, players, etc instead of just recoloring the bottom of things to be blue... It would also be nice to have some scripted controls to be able to control the color of the water too, giving us the ability to make lava, swamps, etc.

Food system and weight system are semi-important to GK, especially the weight system, so I'm not for removing that, but perhaps revamping the food system to be more interesting. Feel free to throw your ideas at me for that, I'm all ears.

Getting realistic water and land on GK is a dream of mine that I don't think will ever happen, but if you think you can make it happen, be my guest. It would require a lot of help from Stefan though (setting up the engine, etc)...

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 06-14-2009, 09:10 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I have said this 100 times to many people, but I'll say it here as well... I really do agree, I would love to see an overhaul of the 3D terrain and I would even be willing to remake the entire world if it meant we could have a more realistic feel to the terrain... vertex shaded water that actually moves and possibly little waves on the shore... an arc around things moving in the water to make it actually look like you're moving through water for ships, players, etc instead of just recoloring the bottom of things to be blue...
Well realistic was not what I was thinking, I just want a more advanced terrain so that you can make some level design and of course make the game prettier, Warcraft 3's terrain is not that advanced but still tons better then Graal Kingdoms and its also easy to use so its something to aim for =)

Quote:
Food system and weight system are semi-important to GK, especially the weight system, so I'm not for removing that, but perhaps revamping the food system to be more interesting. Feel free to throw your ideas at me for that, I'm all ears.
Well sure but in a game where you can collect items its not that awesome to be slowed by that, imagine if you had that on classic the more items you get the slower you move unless you boost ur speed (like everyone does) untill you moves ridiculously fast just like if you had staff boots, im not sure but I assume that effects pvp alot :P

As for the food thing I just don't see a reason for it, food should just heal if your wounded or so.

Quote:
Getting realistic water and land on GK is a dream of mine that I don't think will ever happen, but if you think you can make it happen, be my guest. It would require a lot of help from Stefan though (setting up the engine, etc)...
No I cant make it happen. And yes it would require Stefan's help to improve his own game.

My Albums
Quote:
Old 06-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Scriptess
calani is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to calani
Improved 3d terrain definitely has my vote, though I'm more interested in improving the water. That's something that I've wanted since I started playing GK: jumped in the water the first time and thought it was neat to change the sprites purple, but there wasn't anything else. Took almost a year or so for staff to finally add bubbles...

Improved 3d terrain would be great, too: at current, the only non-passable terrain is around the mountains where there are npcs blocking the way. That really doesn't cut it. While I doubt caves and such would work with the current engine - no camera to move - cliffs would, as well as rivers. I hate how the only places that can have water is anywhere with a z <= 0. Could add a basic current implementation too: if the player is in water above z=0, move the player slightly toward an area with a lower average z. To get it really accurate, you'd have to add pathfinding so it follows the course of the river, but I think that would be more than is necessary.

For water, I completely agree with vertex shaders. Not everyone has cards that support them, but probably three quarters or more of gk's players' do. Cards lacking shader support are getting less and less common. The actual shader code would be pretty simple, too. Apply a repeated water surface texture, then add random-ish peaks for waves, and have them diminish as they spread out. Could angle their movement with wind, too. As they spread, stretching the poly faces out further would make it look much more fluid, and would cause the water to appear to lap at the beaches. Adding a pixel shader in conjunction with that to alter the texture slightly based on z and/or speed could add whitecaps and froth for added effect. Adding an enable/disable option in f3 video options would stop it from lagging people with older cards.

Could also add a variation on the 'realtrees' for seabed detailing - seaweed, coral, shells, sunken chests, etc. Would open the door for adding diving later, and then perhaps underwater cities for Zormite But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I think these improvements would add a ton to gk, and would definitely increase it's appeal. As with crossfire: content only goes so far. New players care about looks more than anything else, and that is what hooks them.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:34 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Food system
Food is for regaining hp/magic, so why do we eat when we're full? That's the equivalent of eating when you're not hungry. I'm not fat.

Food should deplete at an almost unnoticeable pace, until you need to regain health or something.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I would love for GK to get a makeover like this, have a feeling it would be another failed project though...

Erm @thosewhoquestionfoodandweightsystem: They're key elements of the game, used for tactical play and realism. With the weight system, one is given an almost endless limit of regular items (obviously not heavy items in bulk) to carry as long as you have the strength for it. And the food system means players have to prepare better for fights, engage in cooking or hunt for their food. I actually feel the food bar shouldn't have been made to go down slower, it was pretty perfect, i think people felt the effects of not eating because they were fighting/levelling without rping propely to stop, make/buy food and then proceed to venture out again (you'll probably all cry: shadap bile noob).

Voted Awsome !
Old 06-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
I actually feel the food bar shouldn't have been made to go down slower, it was pretty perfect
It was annoying.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It was annoying.
Something being annoying shouldn't be removed when their's nothing wrong with it... When i was not bile (4 years ago?) i coped with it by putting a stop to my hunting and idling (biggest waste of food bar, waste because pking is useful). And in that time, making food for myself, or killing shell bomys/wolves/trex's for their meat. It was a new and simple dynamic in the game, people cried because they are too lazy, and probably, because they felt good food wasn't avaliable easy .
Old 06-15-2009, 06:28 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Something being annoying shouldn't be removed when their's nothing wrong with it... When i was not bile (4 years ago?) i coped with it by putting a stop to my hunting and idling (biggest waste of food bar, waste because pking is useful). And in that time, making food for myself, or killing shell bomys/wolves/trex's for their meat. It was a new and simple dynamic in the game, people cried because they are too lazy, and probably, because they felt good food wasn't avaliable easy .
How does being annoying not mean something wrong? Annoying is not a good thing for gameplay. Ever.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:35 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Nothing is wrong with the food system because it's main purpose is to regen health and mana so to solve the problem of food just put it in a sack until you need to regen.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
GK is laggy enough plz =[
I guess I'll have to buy a better comp if everything gets done.
Nice ideas btw.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:55 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Nothing is wrong with the food system because it's main purpose is to regen health and mana so to solve the problem of food just put it in a sack until you need to regen.
Why do we eat when we don't need to regen?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Well nothing is wrong with it now.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Who needs new terrain?

GK is nice and functional, I'd rather like to finally see all damage types realized... Would be a cooler place to put some effort, not on some eyecandy...
Old 06-15-2009, 07:32 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Who needs new terrain?
*raises hand*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
GK is nice and functional, I'd rather like to finally see all damage types realized... Would be a cooler place to put some effort, not on some eyecandy...
Well... yea GK is the best game ever but I almost think there could be improvements to both the gameplay and to the graphics

My Albums
Quote: