Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 07:29 AM
EuropaManager/DelteriaLAT
xSecrets is on a distinguished road
Tileset Artists needed for Europa!!

Europa is making it's come-back to the hosted list, and it's push to the classic list! We need the help from tileset artsits to reach our goals before requesting to be re-added to the hosted list though! It is (and has been since November) under new management of Hell Raven and myself.

The tileset we are trying to achieve is kind of a vision and hard to explain, so bare with me!

We are going to keep the houses and stuff of that type, but we are looking to turn Europa into (again, bare with me) a modern TYPE look... NOTHING LIKE ERA!

We want sidewalks, but a more cartoonish look, as opposed to a "real life" modern look that Era has. I don't want the flat-top tar street look, we are looking for detailed stone floor tiles.

So I guess in a nut shell what I'm looking for is a mix between Era and Valikorlia, but a cartoonish spin... If that makes any sense to anyone... Difficult to explain. We are in the process of adding new systems that Graal hasn't seen yet, and incorporating some things Graal has seen with our unique twist! Feel free to log on and speak with me further about this, or message me on here. Other contacts are AIM (EuropaMangement), Skype (EuropaManagement), or email ([email protected])

I look forward to any applicants!

Here is the progress we've made so far (As you can see in some of the screnies, the tileset needs work)-
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen1.png
Views:	568
Size:	694.5 KB
ID:	55299

Name:	Screen2.png
Views:	711
Size:	918.7 KB
ID:	55300

Name:	Screen3.png
Views:	417
Size:	932.3 KB
ID:	55301

Name:	Screen4.png
Views:	347
Size:	837.2 KB
ID:	55302

Name:	Screen5.png
Views:	285
Size:	765.5 KB
ID:	55303

Name:	Screen6.png
Views:	256
Size:	413.7 KB
ID:	55304

Name:	Screen7.png
Views:	329
Size:	853.5 KB
ID:	55305

Last edited by xSecrets; 01-22-2013 at 07:50 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
hi vinka
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I can't stress enough how dumb this art style look with the default Graal character sprites. You really need to use custom sprites for it. I believe Vinka's original plan was to replace default sprites with those big ass characters he was working on at some point, and that's the only way you can make your server look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
hi vinka
It's not him, he's abandoned the project afaik.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Here we go again!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm not Vinka haha.

Also we are having a very talented GFXer (requested to remain nameless) working on new bodies =) So that is already in the works!

Here is a quick preview of the begining stages of it actually-
Name:  quickie.png
Views: 430
Size:  1.8 KB
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
gotta like those manboobs

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
dbug will become famous soon enough
There is a level with a classic tree.. :o man i hope they have made some scripting progress..
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
This really looks terrible. I knew this would happen. Like many other projects, the fact that you feel comfortable showing us horrible screenshots and what looks to be a poor quality server in general speaks volumes about what the end result will be. If you're comfortable showing this crap off, the final product won't be much better.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Moobies are smexy
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
There is a level with a classic tree.. :o man i hope they have made some scripting progress..
That was done in a test level with pics1 tileset, it wasn't put on the OW yet, we aren't sure what we are going to use it for, if at all; Just an example of work being done. Maybe a small PK zone? Who knows.

Scripiting has come a long way. As I stated earlier in the thread; Hell Raven is the Co-Manager of this server. His rep speaks for itself, he is doing most of our systems and the ones he isn't doing go under his review before being finialized.

Last edited by xSecrets; 01-22-2013 at 08:08 PM..
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
This really looks terrible. I knew this would happen. Like many other projects, the fact that you feel comfortable showing us horrible screenshots and what looks to be a poor quality server in general speaks volumes about what the end result will be. If you're comfortable showing this crap off, the final product won't be much better.
Lol?

First of all, those levels were done by myself, Scarz and DubbyKay. Both very well known outside level artists. I (as well as 99% of people who have commented on the levels) think they look great, but we just decided to go a different direction. I don't know how you think the levels look horrible.... Maybe you're a modern/classic level type person? Or you just have poor judgement. Either way, the levels are going in a completely different direction.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
dbug will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSecrets View Post
Lol?

First of all, those levels were done by myself, Scarz and DubbyKay. Both very well known outside level artists. I (as well as 99% of people who have commented on the levels) think they look great, but we just decided to go a different direction. I don't know how you think the levels look horrible.... Maybe you're a modern/classic level type person? Or you just have poor judgement. Either way, the levels are going in a completely different direction.
Probably refering to the second to the last photo you showed. The one with the tree I complained about.. And he does have a point about showing crap blah blah.. but From what I have seen of the server its all been good.. (not sure on scripts) but those new levels kinda show a more downward direction in the terms of development skill.. not to say any of it is crap either.. its just saying that vinka had a certain style and its hard to match..
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
Probably refering to the second to the last photo you showed. The one with the tree I complained about.. And he does have a point about showing crap blah blah.. but From what I have seen of the server its all been good.. (not sure on scripts) but those new levels kinda show a more downward direction in the terms of development skill.. not to say any of it is crap either.. its just saying that vinka had a certain style and its hard to match..
All Vinka had on the levels were straight dirt paths and no detail.... I don't see how anyone could say that is better. Yes, this doesn't match the theme going, which is why I'm looking for tileset artists to change it entirely; But that still doesn't mean the levels are "crap". They were designed by well known and well established levels artists, so just because they don't fit the theme doesn't lable the actual levels as crap.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The cartoon vector art style is what made Europa so popular and by the looks of it your existing team won't be able to emulate it. You're kind of ****ed in this regard if you're trying to keep Vinka's Europa alive.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The cartoon vector art style is what made Europa so popular and by the looks of it your existing team won't be able to emulate it. You're kind of ****ed in this regard if you're trying to keep Vinka's Europa alive.
Thats what I told her/him when I was asked to help, I wanted to see if they were able to accomplish something quality alike... else they would just depend on nice graphics