Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The cartoon vector art style is what made Europa so popular and by the looks of it your existing team won't be able to emulate it. You're kind of ****ed in this regard if you're trying to keep Vinka's Europa alive.
This is more or less exactly what I mean. The stuff there that *isn't* made by Vinka looks like horse ****, see last few screenshots.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
This is more or less exactly what I mean. The stuff there that *isn't* made by Vinka looks like horse ****, see last few screenshots.
Thats a little harsh and not very constructive

Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 PM
EuropaManager/DelteriaLAT
xSecrets is on a distinguished road
What makes you think that we can't?

The tiles Vinka had on the OW is the exact same tileset except it had no detail.... So I'm struggling to see how you mean we "won't be able to emulate it" when the same gfx that were there ARE there, and the same tileset IS there just with detialed levels instead of the ugly ones that were there....

Vinka was very good at drawing, but unfortunately that is where his still stop. He lacked any management or actual Graal developing skills, his GFX would have looked much better in pixel art form (which is the direction it is going to be going).

Anyway, point being everything in those are the same... No one can possibily say that the old levels were better than the new....
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
Lol... Someone has a vendetta of some sort....

In my honest opinion, Vinka's GFX is really the only thing that sticks out as "bad" on the server. Not saying the work is bad, but if it were pixel art it would look a lot nicer and not as unstraight and sloppy.... The level detail is very high quaility and very nice, it just doesn't exactly fit Europa's theme.

We just detailed those levels to get the ugly old levels that were there off. I don't see how people fail to read that the entire OW theme is being changed to something completely different....

With that being said... I'd like to see some of your levels since you're so quick to drag other people's work through the mud.

Last edited by xSecrets; 01-23-2013 at 11:51 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 AM
MooseInATree is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSecrets View Post

We just detailed those levels to get the ugly old levels that were there off. I don't see how people fail to read that the entire OW theme is being changed to something completely different....
After reading from everyone's post, it seems people do not want you to change the theme. My opinion is to keep the old cartoon theme, but its up to you and your staff team. But prove us wrong, show us that your new theme is much better I wish you guys the best of luck !
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 AM
smooth as eggs
racycle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to racycle
I have no strong feelings either way on the direction of this project mostly because of the level of disrespect I received from some of the staff. However I am interested to see what the current team can pull off with vinka's work. With that being said , good luck and hope you find the tileset artist you are looking for.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseInATree View Post
After reading from everyone's post, it seems people do not want you to change the theme. My opinion is to keep the old cartoon theme, but its up to you and your staff team. But prove us wrong, show us that your new theme is much better I wish you guys the best of luck !
The theme is staying the same. Just the way it's presented is going to be different. I think the direction we are going helps further bring out the cartoon theme; The systems we plan on putting in place helps bring that out even more.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racycle View Post
I have no strong feelings either way on the direction of this project mostly because of the level of disrespect I received from some of the staff. However I am interested to see what the current team can pull off with vinka's work. With that being said , good luck and hope you find the tileset artist you are looking for.
Who disrespected you and in what way?

If it was u red previous management there's unfortunately nothing I can do about that but there was a staff wipe. So those people are no longer with us.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSecrets View Post
The tiles Vinka had on the OW is the exact same tileset except it had no detail.... So I'm struggling to see how you mean we "won't be able to emulate it" when the same gfx that were there ARE there, and the same tileset IS there just with detialed levels instead of the ugly ones that were there....
It's not about the tileset, it's the entire server. The cartoon vector art style was Europa, what you're doing and the direction (pixel art) you're taking it isn't Europa.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 AM
We are keeping all the original buildings though. You must admit though that the sloppiness of a lot of the graphics are unsightly. So many people have complained about it and I find myself thinking the same thing.

We ARE continuing with that style.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It's not about the tileset, it's the entire server. The cartoon vector art style was Europa, what you're doing and the direction (pixel art) you're taking it isn't Europa.
This. The fact that the art wasn't pixel art was what mad Europa what it was, and heaps more interesting as it was thinking outside the box. (Sure it was a bit sloppy put there, but that could've been fixed.) Changing that, none of what Europa was is left. (IMO)
Old 01-24-2013, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
This. The fact that the art wasn't pixel art was what mad Europa what it was, and heaps more interesting as it was thinking outside the box. (Sure it was a bit sloppy put there, but that could've been fixed.) Changing that, none of what Europa was is left. (IMO)
It's not that it could have been fixed, it's that it wasn't able to be fixed. Vinka couldn't fix it, he didn't have the ability to.

Either way, that isn't the main focus of our development process. That isn't even close to on the importance list.

The new tileset would give us the ability to show everyone how well the theme of the server can be brought out.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Bump
Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
Hell Raven? He still plays?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 PM
He quit for a while, but has jumped on the Europa project.

So yes, now he does still play.