Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Private forums > Graal4 Forums > Graal V4 Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 08:00 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
New Graal4.exe

Could someone post the updates this time please?...
Old 01-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Crea...lient_Releases
Old 01-12-2007, 08:11 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, well, almost forgot about that. Thanks xD
Old 01-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

they say "Vista" but do not say anything of 64 bit, of any flavour. XP or Vista, Linux. Any/all 64 bit distrobutions just do not function correctly or at all yet. It would be nice to see even just 1 of these working properly. I have even go so far as to trying to get the linux version of graal to run. Sadly it either fails MD5 (why is this necessary), or windows will not allow package to extract because someone put a : (colon) in the folder name it's trying to extract to. So unless someone can fix the linux version to extract without using any illegal characters under a windows filesystem, I basically can't really play graal normally, and should probably think of asking for a refund, but I won't....

**BTW, not to make anyone feel bad, but its still the 32 bit coding messing up. The sound update helps but just doesnt completely fix it.

Last edited by ReBorn_Spirit; 01-12-2007 at 11:35 PM..
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Is the installer updated when new updates are released? I can't use the built-in updater currently.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new version has been uploaded to the Website as well. Linux and Mac versions will follow next week.

About supporting more platforms: It is quite a lot of work to support several platforms, and several hardware and software configurations on each of those platforms. Right now we support Windows 98/ME, Windows 2000/XP, Mac OSX10.2+ and Linux 32bit, ship 3 different binarys. It can be quite fun to make applications for different platforms, but we must also make money and spend our working time on things that can possibly increase the income. Supporting Windows XP 64 bit has no future since not even Microsoft is supporting it and is suggesting to upgrade to Vista 64 bit in the future because drivers and programs will work better on that. Vista is not released yet. We are trying to make Graal work better on it (e.g. with v4.208), but it will take more time. Linux 64 bit would be interesting (we are planning to run servers with Linux 64 bit), but there are just not enough paying customers yet to spend time on compiling and releasing a Graal version for it.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
By the way, I was wondering if it would be possible to make static built-in objects like the TMud and TKingdom stuff on GK
Old 01-13-2007, 01:13 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Yay, it runs again, no AcLayers error

Old 01-13-2007, 02:04 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well you meantion the things, we need to work more on content, tools and advertising.

The mudlib and kingdoms lib are not in the state yet to be used on other servers, it is mainly lacking enough documentation.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well you meantion the things, we need to work more on content, tools and advertising.

The mudlib and kingdoms lib are not in the state yet to be used on other servers, it is mainly lacking enough documentation.
I am not suggesting that, we could find someone to assist in development perhaps?? I suppose I should just start working on a list of suggestions to help GK. Recently being so aggitated by all the problems I am dealing with isn't helping me be so nice in some of my posts.

I think it would perhaps be better to build a linux version run as an EXE for windows XP64, could just emulate a mini linux image and have it run graal. Something like this program at this website. http://x.cygwin.com/
Old 01-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Incubator
Quote:

Its not the mudlib and kingdoms lib I want, I can very well create my own (documenting is a pain in the rear >_>), but rather the ability to make static built-in objects of whatever I wish to support my systems. I have been wanting to make a built-in Gui control for displaying items based on a string prefix and then being able to do write:
"new GuiMudItemDisplayCtrl(params) {}".
I would love that.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:58 AM
Graal Administration
Why not using TStaticVar and classes?
Old 01-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Why not using TStaticVar and classes?
I just knew you'd say that

The reason is because I want to have the real deal, not a substitute like what you're saying. I'd also like to possibly mess around with some of the existing Gui Controls.