Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Androk is on a distinguished road
Managers Unite?

Anyway this idea has been flying through my mind. Basically all Managers get together and make a group of sorts.

This group will protect the interests of Managers and will fight for stuff like larger file uplaods (This can become an option in RC Rights) and stuff like that.

It can also be beneficial with things such as Content Thieft, where MG will decide who stole, and what not, as well as forcing the thief to remove the files.

Another function can be banning of hackers, where ifplayer hacks on 1 playerworld he's banned on all (This applies only to hackers, so any other bannings are not counted).

And there can be alot of other things that this group can add. Starting from giving players an actual vote in the game (Stefan and unixmad can not ignore when all Mangers say something).

This Group doesn't even ahve to be official, but it should exist. There can be like a VIP Forum for them to discuss things in (Outside GraalOnline Forums).

Anyway any comments on this?

PS: If this were to happen hopefully Angel would lead this, but most likely it'll be voted on.

Name: Androk
Old 09-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Managers Unite?

Quote:
Originally posted by Androk
Anyway this idea has been flying through my mind. Basically all Managers get together and make a group of sorts.

PS: If this were to happen hopefully Angel would lead this, but most likely it'll be voted on.
Ah! Only just noticed the 'Outside GraalOnline Forums' that would be better, no need for someone to edit access masks and have to have gold/vip... in that case its a good idea, let me know a URL if you get it up.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:37 PM
marcoR is on a distinguished road
I didn't read his whole post, I just kinda skimmed it, but couldn't you have just said a union?
aim: lorielvictrix
Old 09-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Wizad! - It's Magic!
XJOKERX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XJOKERX Send a message via MSN to XJOKERX
yeah

Yeah I really like the idea, that way we would have less posts of "OMG <insert name here> STOLE MY SUPER DUPER NPC" plus it would get each manager of a pw together to get to know one another.

Joker (Co-Manager of Dark Legends)

Thank you Tsu for the awesome sig
Old 09-02-2003, 10:26 PM
defunct
GrowlZ1010 is on a distinguished road
We have got to do this.

Collectively, we could solve problems much faster than we would having to go through Stefan and traditional administrative channels. And we can share information, as Androk said, like people who should be banned and so on.

We might all be competing for playercount now, what with the payerworld systems, but we're all still the same rank and in the same boat. A little co-operation could do wonders.

The only problem is that with hundreds of playerworlds it'd be very hard getting everyone together. Would this be for all managers, or just public playerworld ones?
Old 09-02-2003, 10:41 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
I think someone should just make a website, and forums, where PW managers can 'join' and then post messages on the forums whenever they have a question, or comment...

there's really no need to have a leader of the group... i think it could manage itself.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
The main flaw in this is rather simple - The PW managers who would allow thievery and bad practices to occur would not really care to stick together with this group of united managers unless it somehow benefitted them.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 09-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Well, you overlooked the one flaw that would prevent this from happening, we are human, we argue, we don't get along, we tell people to piss off and other vulgar phases, this would cause more bickering than help.

and concerning larger file uploads: there are two reasons why its at 64k

1.) not many things considered 'illegal' are really under 64k, and RC isn't used at a place to store things nongraal related, which people would end up doing

2.) there is no such thing as unlimited harddrive space, in fact I think the quota on rented worlds is somewhere around 100 - 150 mb

Stefan said he will probably raise the limit a bit, and add a way for trusted globals to be able to upload larger files
Old 09-03-2003, 12:53 AM
Androk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Tseng
The main flaw in this is rather simple - The PW managers who would allow thievery and bad practices to occur would not really care to stick together with this group of united managers unless it somehow benefitted them.
Too Bad for them. The group will still have power over them, simply because the group will be heard as opposed to a lone Manager. Basically when Manager joins this Group he/she gets a chance to change minds of others and what not as well as alter disicions of this comunity through their votes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Python523
Stuff
Yes there is arguing, but hopefully general level of Managers maturity is high enough. And there really is no need in EVERY Manager joining, around 20 will do and that's enough. Rest can join if they wish.

Because tere is a limitation on amount of space used, why have the limitation on files? The only thing that is really bad about this limitation is that I won't be able to get Tilesets up if I add a few more tiles, and bugging Stefan every time I add a tile is just... stupid. So there really is no way out for Tileset Servers, because all the tiles have to be adjusted, some need more work, new ones need to be added etc.

What ***** would risk his server and upload an illigal file? No I mean seriusly...

Basically Stefan can amke the 64k+ Upload become a Righ on RC, and managers can give that to trusted people, or only Stefan cans et that right, and he has to manually give it to Managers of PWs.

PS: I have no clue if any of this amde sense, if it did I am happy, if it didn't I blame Karsh. Why Karsh? Does it really matter who I blame?

Name: Androk
Old 09-03-2003, 05:25 AM
Beam me up, Scotty.
MadWolf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MadWolf
Rofl... you guys really get ahead of yourselves. "Graal Managers Union." Sigh, I dont need cable TV.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:40 AM
Over Nine THOUSAND!!!!!!!
davidpsy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to davidpsy
I Have to have no limits on my filesize uploads because my tileset alone might be 1 mb more or less dont know yet. Then houses and bodys the list gos on and on of stuff I will have that is over 64k.

Forces greater than your self, can be over come.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:43 AM
TribulationStaff is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TribulationStaff
Criminy dude

No tileset should be that big. I have a word of advice, don't use .bmp, lol

Help me keep scripting
Old 09-04-2003, 07:00 AM
Eric_1337 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eric_1337 Send a message via AIM to Eric_1337
If this action were to take place then it should be only the public servers to join the "group"
Old 09-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by davidpsy
I Have to have no limits on my filesize uploads because my tileset alone might be 1 mb more or less dont know yet. Then houses and bodys the list gos on and on of stuff I will have that is over 64k.
I don't think stefan enabled alpha channels/32bit images and such on graal v3.x so people could make whole tilesets out of them...personally I think if you need to make a simple tileset using a 32 bit image, you need to go back to learn how to do pixel art, a tile is 16 x 16 pixels, why do you need all this complex stuff to make such a simple thing
Old 09-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Over Nine THOUSAND!!!!!!!
davidpsy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to davidpsy
Quote:
Originally posted by Python523

I don't think stefan enabled alpha channels/32bit images and such on graal v3.x so people could make whole tilesets out of them...personally I think if you need to make a simple tileset using a 32 bit image, you need to go back to learn how to do pixel art, a tile is 16 x 16 pixels, why do you need all this complex stuff to make such a simple thing
I just use lots of colors and detail and pixels Just because I do this doesnt mean I dont know how to pixel. This tileset is far from simple lol its really good with lots of detail do you want me to post a screenshot? Well personally I think you should not tell me what kind of tileset to make because its my server and I have more then one tile... Your post doesnt make very much sence first your telling me that my tileset has to be simple which doesnt make sence my tileset is how its gonna be. I'm trying to make something new and fun the detail and colors is off the scale.

Forces greater than your self, can be over come.