Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Trade Deputies

Due to an increase in deception and unreliable trade information I have created the official role of "Trade Deputy" so that players have a reliable source of trading information.

What will they do?
Trade Deputies will be expected to provide honest and fair item evaluations, oversee trades and maintain a online availability. As a deputy, members will be expected to wear their tag whenever possible. Ideally we will see approximately 6 deputies with 2 of any given member online to provide trading advice.

Who is in charge of this?
I have entrusted the current Events Admin, Tashkin, with the responsibility of organizing and leading the Trade Deputies. This responsibility includes scouting for new deputies who can follow the role outlined above and finding a candidate to take leadership of this new official trade group so that he may focus on administrating the staff team.

The buck stops here
This is a fledgling effort to maintain some trade security for all GK members, as a result the constraints are not known. However, Trade Deputies will not be responsible for scams. As always, Graal Police need to be contacted about scams. If a player feels the advice they were given by a Trade Deputy resulted in their loss (unfair trades) they should consult with another deputy. If one or more trade deputies find the initial official estimate to be largely erroneous they will notify the Police Administrator and Assistant Manager, Stephen.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Would rep+ but I must spread love :o

Great idea.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Things are really that bad, huh?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
I personally think this is a great addition to the server. It should help players when they aren't sure about a trade they want to make. It will be on players to ask us for help. If you do not want our help and decide to make the choice on your own we will hold you responsible for your choices. This is a great feature for players that do not understand the prices and should help prevent players from being ripped off.

** Wish I could rep because this is a great feature.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 AM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
The internet told me I have to be a great wizard in order to be a good trader and I am not a wizard.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:43 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a position that could be completely avoided by tasking FAQ with this "job" instead. Therefore I feel it is redundant/stupid.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:56 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Sounds like a position that could be completely avoided by tasking FAQ with this "job" instead. Therefore I feel it is redundant/stupid.
I personally feel that FAQ should be more focused on game play not pricing of items. Maybe they could have a general idea, but knowing prices isn't a part of being a FAQ. That is my opinion though and I am FAQ on GK.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
I agree with Fowlplay that this job could simply be done by a FAQ, so it's a bit redundant, but I see no harm in the new position.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:07 PM
!
Prices and stuff has always been bothering me, I hear something is valued this and that but how can it be so when the only way to obtain items on GK is through players.

The players themselves set the prices, there isn't really a set price on anything but gems and stuff that you can actually spawn. Right?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre2006 View Post
Prices and stuff has always been bothering me, I hear something is valued this and that but how can it be so when the only way to obtain items on GK is through players.

The players themselves set the prices, there isn't really a set price on anything but gems and stuff that you can actually spawn. Right?
That's the way an economy works.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:01 PM
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
That's the way an economy works.
That is why I don't see why there is need for something like suggested here.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:42 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
As long as the Trade Deputy is trustworthy (and well informed) there is no downside.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:16 AM
toyotasupra will become famous soon enough
Do a prize is right event for the position.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
if players are so stupid that this position is actually needed.......jesus.
perhaps if players get scammed it will teach them some common sense, which must be in high demand if this position is actually needed.
having your hand held through the trading process defeats any positive learning that might occur.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
perhaps if players get scammed it will teach them some common sense, which must be in high demand if this position is actually needed.
As nice as this would be, it generally doesn't work, when they've fallen and scrapped their knees for their stupid mistake, they cry and screech like banshees for a safety net.
Very rarely is there a true situation where any sense of moderation is truly necessary.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.