Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempandrew View Post
It's not that people are really getting through to places where they shouldn't, it just looks ugly that people can jump onto walls. Every time I see this, I have to open the level, shift everything a tile over. I shouldn't have to incorporate more scripts which can make more lag to fix a problem that Stefan should be fixing himself.

This is the problem with charging money for Graal. If you're going to charge money for a game, you should be prepared to be on top of **** like this.

And as far as how this bug actually came to be, I'm guessing movement has been made more float based, so people are probably moving at something slightly above 1 tile at a time (maybe like 1.001), so perhaps that tiny float value eventually adds up, and at x=15 and x=1.5, the onwall detection (which, if you're even 1 pixel on a tile, you can walk over it) fails and you can get through it.
No one here mentioned in the slightest that you should make your own movement script to fix this. Pretty much everyone is in agreement that it needs to be fixed by Stefan.

And yes, movement speed is not a very clean number. I think last time I checked you move with level 3 shield at .6000000001 or something like that, depending on which direction you're moving.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 02-19-2010 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: Toned it down some.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 PM
tempandrew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
No one here mentioned in the slightest that you should make your own movement script to fix this. Pretty much everyone is in agreement that it needs to be fixed by Stefan.

And yes, movement speed is not a very clean number. I think last time I checked you move with level 3 shield at .6000000001 or something like that, [b]depending on which direction you're moving.[b]
OH.

Totally my bad, I completely read your posts wrong. Sorry about that. And yeah, I'm surprised GS2 actually managed to go through considered how many people complain about having to fix things to update with new changes. I'm sure once tilelayers are expanded upon, everybody is going to slam the forums with a bucket full of tears.

And @ the bolded text, yes, it only seems to happen when you are moving right. I've tried moving left all around the x coordinate that is affected, and there doesn't seem to be a place where it happens.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:33 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempandrew View Post
I've tried moving left all around the x coordinate that is affected, and there doesn't seem to be a place where it happens.
I can confirm this, as I've spent countless hours trying to figure this **** out myself.

Anyway, here's a workaround, if you want to use it. I've been using it for quite some time. It's not perfect (in a coding way, somewhat hackish), but it emulates the level 3 shield very very well, although the whole thing is a tiny bit faster. I have this code segment running each frame in a timeout:
PHP Code:
  // lizard shield

if (clientr.lizardShield && player.freezetime <= && !player.reading) {

temp.lizGanis = { "idle""walk""sit""swim""carrystill""carry" };

for (
temp.04i++) {
      if (!
keydown(i))
        continue;

if (!(
player.ani.name in temp.lizGanis))
        continue;

if (!
onwall2player.1.5 vecx(i) * 33 32 abs(vecy(i)) - (vecx(i) == 32 0), player.vecy(i) * 33 32 abs(vecx(i)) - (vecy(i) == 32 0), 16 abs(vecy(i)) * 31 1616 abs(vecx(i)) * 31 16 )) {

player.+= vecx(i) * 16;

player.+= vecy(i) * 16;
      }
    }
  } 
The onwall2() call is my super-exotic, one-call-complete-check with an integrated hack to work around the issues with onwall2() and Graal's polygon algorithms. It works perfectly fine, but I didn't bother optimizing it yet. I guess if you assign the divisions to this-prefixed variables in the onCreated() event, it will run a bit faster, but I was lazy, sorry.