Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
100+ playercount

If only the owners would focus on revamping this entire system from scratch... and full reset, would this server dream of reaching 120+ people on weekends and 50+ on weekdays like when I started. Volunteers can only manage to do so much. I always loved spamming icestorm in trade then running for the bell. pissed so many people off... RIP GK you are always missed.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I don't really see the appeal in GK when you have an easier-to-access Zodiac with a much less complex system. I'd like to say GK has depth but it just seems so...I dunno. My brother used to play and my friends said that rare items were only worth so much because they were rare, not because they had actual utility. That was back in 2004 though, I'm sure much as changed.

GK just isn't that attractive really. It had a lot of charm with it's 3D terrain, boats, crafting items (I ****ing loved that back in 02/03), etc. It seems outdated now. The community is what's likely keeping it alive, so that's something.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
rare items were only worth so much because they were rare, not because they had actual utility. That was back in 2004 though, I'm sure much as changed.
Everything in this quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Everything in this quote
much has changed or is it still rare items = best because of rarity?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
There's so many more common items from all the holiday events that the actual "rares" that were worth anything are worse than the common items.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
There's so many more common items from all the holiday events that the actual "rares" that were worth anything are worse than the common items.
I mean are prices on GK based on utility of items or just their rarity?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
I mean are prices on GK based on utility of items or just their rarity?
Kind of depends on the items I suppose. Certain rare items aren't worth much where as others are worth more than they should be.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, with the most of the newish items that came out IMO killed prices because so many items were flooded, but GK was always mostly a collection game.
Pokemon trading cards FTW.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
We are going to change alot of Item stats soon. Starting with shields, and going on. Not sure what will change, but we will try to make the hole between common items and rare items larger, so rare items are really WORTH it to get them. At the moment most of the rare items are easy replaceable with some common items, which is causing trouble with the balance of the items.

We will keep you updated.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
We are going to change alot of Item stats soon. Starting with shields, and going on. Not sure what will change, but we will try to make the hole between common items and rare items larger, so rare items are really WORTH it to get them. At the moment most of the rare items are easy replaceable with some common items, which is causing trouble with the balance of the items.

Very cool. Can't wait to see this.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:42 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Looking forward to seeing the new updates, keep working & don't work too hard or you'll get sick of it.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:27 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post

Out of curiousity: who's doing the balancing? I'd be happy to help out with tuning or at least giving an opinion on it.

Quote:
I don't really see the appeal in GK when you have an easier-to-access Zodiac with a much less complex system. I'd like to say GK has depth but it just seems so...I dunno. My brother used to play and my friends said that rare items were only worth so much because they were rare, not because they had actual utility. That was back in 2004 though, I'm sure much as changed.

GK just isn't that attractive really. It had a lot of charm with it's 3D terrain, boats, crafting items (I ****ing loved that back in 02/03), etc. It seems outdated now. The community is what's likely keeping it alive, so that's something.
What defines GK is its complex systems. It's what I love about GK. It's also the reason I strongly dislike Zodiac - because the systems are very basic, button-mashy and very little thought goes into creating a character. A lot of the depth on GK isn't utilized in its current state but there's potential there. I don't see Zodiac and GK competing for players. Instead I see them catering to two very different types of players.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Out of curiousity: who's doing the balancing? I'd be happy to help out with tuning or at least giving an opinion on it.
Will consider your offer if we reach that point, probably in around 1-2 weeks.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
much has changed or is it still rare items = best because of rarity?
no, sarcasm

for example every sword in gk is basically the same. except for like two.

BUT DARKFLAME IS BLACK AND SHINY WOOOOOOOO

literaly same function as the free flaming sword
Old 02-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
no, sarcasm

for example every sword in gk is basically the same. except for like two.

BUT DARKFLAME IS BLACK AND SHINY WOOOOOOOO

literaly same function as the free flaming sword
Spoiler: Working on the attacktype: fear.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.