Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-22-2003, 05:09 AM
Omi New
funnylinkwantsbomys is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to funnylinkwantsbomys
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
It's quite a nice tutorial, but then, it's only a level, and there's nothing spectacular about a normal outside level. You have rocks, bushes, paths, trees.... I mean anyone can do that given the practice. What Graal really needs, is a good tutorial on how to make towns and villages. Since that's where most people really screw up. They either creative insane houses that make no sense and barely look like houses, or they use ugly pathways like carpet tiles and stuff... I wanna see a nice town level where the paths aren't all crazy and they aren't all perfectly straight... just a good town level.
i hate when servers only have what spanky posted * its like trying to run through a forest

"Microwave a piece of cheese for 40secs and eat it. Yum." -Funnylink
Old 04-22-2003, 05:50 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by funnylinkwantsbomys
i hate when servers only have what spanky posted * its like trying to run through a forest
Definately.

They are very nice to look at, but most of the time you have to be practical and think of the players walking through them.

Old 04-22-2003, 07:30 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Those levels are very nice, and I don't think it's a problem to walk through just as long as blocking objects like rocks and mushrooms are kept out of the way.
With levels like these it makes it easier for newbies to get away from pkers. A pker can chase ya and then you can easily jump behind a cliff or tree and slash at them or stop and go in the other direction while they try to predict what direction you're going in. You can easily lose them to give you enough time to warp away also.

Very nice tutorial. I hope to see one done on inside levels.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:15 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
One server I was on, cant rmember which, had a PK area, and the level had random mushrooms and small rocks, which is stupid, as it blocks you.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:09 AM
Knuckles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Knuckles
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
It's quite a nice tutorial, but then, it's only a level, and there's nothing spectacular about a normal outside level. You have rocks, bushes, paths, trees.... I mean anyone can do that given the practice. What Graal really needs, is a good tutorial on how to make towns and villages. Since that's where most people really screw up. They either creative insane houses that make no sense and barely look like houses, or they use ugly pathways like carpet tiles and stuff... I wanna see a nice town level where the paths aren't all crazy and they aren't all perfectly straight... just a good town level.
Amen...

All the levels are starting to look the same to me now...

Cliffs, more cliffs, dirt, water, and bushes.. WOW! =o
Old 05-03-2003, 07:41 AM
Azrael528 is on a distinguished road
Yea its bad...as in not good, but the level was pretty though good job spanky and other guy gori i think was his name.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Down with GK Corruption
TripleE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
One server I was on, cant rmember which, had a PK area, and the level had random mushrooms and small rocks, which is stupid, as it blocks you.
Atlantis,Gaia,Galtheia(sp)
Old 06-21-2003, 04:14 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Houses are not easy to make if you are trying to make them unique.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:37 AM
Down with GK Corruption
TripleE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by protagonist
Houses are not easy to make if you are trying to make them unique.
That shows you cant be creative
Old 06-21-2003, 04:45 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by TripleE

That shows you cant be creative
No, it shows that I'm truthful. Alot of houses have been done, it's difficult to find a nice looking house that is unique.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:02 AM
Eric_1337 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eric_1337 Send a message via AIM to Eric_1337
You people are stupid. Obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You can't teach creative, so stop complaining that we need better houses or whatever you're trying to say.

The MAIN problem is level makers aren't very familur with the default tileset. It's not that people don't have good ideas, but they either can't make it with this tileset because of the extreme limitations it holds, or they have to clue where to find the tiles to make it.

You think all you see is cliffs, but I'm sorry, not many people can make them well.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:26 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric_1337
You people are stupid. Obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You can't teach creative, so stop complaining that we need better houses or whatever you're trying to say.

The MAIN problem is level makers aren't very familur with the default tileset. It's not that people don't have good ideas, but they either can't make it with this tileset because of the extreme limitations it holds, or they have to clue where to find the tiles to make it.

You think all you see is cliffs, but I'm sorry, not many people can make them well.
I'm sorry, but your levels are underdetailed.
You can't teach creative, no, but you can inspire.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:11 PM
YoungTwist is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to YoungTwist
This is nice for ****ies trying to build. But some people need to learn how to make it 1st before makeing the wall bigger. Some people dont know how to make tress connecting and we need some Tutorials that can teach these people how to make stuff. I had to learn on my own and get tips from people. At first i didnt even know we could build levels till Aeryn *Old Manager of Bravo Online* showed my brother MD and MD showed me. Now i build levels and MD scripts.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:55 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, the level looks good and all but too many LATS are taking it, making it a "style" as in a new graal generation level type, and slapping it all over the player world and I'm personally sick of it because I don't WANT to do my levels that way and yet so many people are converting to this style that it's making the older versions look bad. Sure, the level looks good, but when a player worlds slaps up every level like that and expects players to be able to actually have room to walk around and make houses, it gets lame.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:20 AM
ApeHex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ApeHex
Red face levels

I agree with Eric, everything he posts on these forums I agree with him. My years playing graal and being a LAT myself I still dont know where some tiles are.