Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Ruins: Hirings!

Hiring once again!
  • Scripters:
    • Instances, skills scripting, events, systems in general.
  • Pixel Artists:
    • Tiles, baddies, eventual skills images, icons and characters.
  • Gani makers:
    • Ganis, Gani movies and particles effects.
  • Story teller:
    • Write successful quests for players to accomplish, with related dialogs and such.
      Journal pages, fantasy descriptions of items, baddies and places.

What is Ruins all about?
  • Quests:
    • That's probably what players love the most, and Ruins will feature a huge amount of them!
  • Exploring ruins (dungeons):
    • Purpose of many quests, to retrieve informations, learn about the past and make your way to the guardian of each place!
  • Solve mysteries:
    • Huge mazes to unlock new rooms, featuring a deep storyline behind each character.
  • Collect swords and obtain skills:
    • Your only fighting tools!
      • Swords: Each sword will be different, and sometimes feature skills for you
        to unlock! Train enough with the sword and unlock the skill to use it whenever
        it pleases you!
      • Skills: Skills can be described as magic, talents and other boosts players can
        use. From Haste to damage boost, through double hit and charge, there will be
        enough skills to keep everyone addicted for a long time. Each skill can be mastered after a long use and even powered up with Battle Points!
  • Spar tournaments:
    • PKing is fun right? On Ruins, PKing other players will only be enabled in spar arenas (and other events). Spar arenas will have different rooms, from carnage room (anyone can join!) to casual rooms, etc..
    • What is there to win? The more you fight, the more battle points you get!
    • Events like tournaments hosted by Event Masters will have BPs as rewards, but you can also trade your kills to a NPC to get your BPs!
  • Overworld events:
    • Overworld events will hold an important part of the gameplay, yet the best of it! What kind of events are overworld events?
      • City invasion: An EM summons event monsters in the city for you to kill if you are in the army! Defend your city!
      • Maledictions: An EM has turned the area into an odd world! Turn into a baddy, and try to survive against humans!
      • Army Fights: You're part of an army and want to prove it is the best? Well then, compete with the other ones to see?
  • Instanced multiplayer dungeons:
    • You probably heard of it already. After completing each dungeon, you will be able to do it again, this time with your buddies! Fight the guardian once again, and earn Group Points!
  • Army:
    • Ruins will feature 4 islands and 4 different Armies (Seawind, Milana, Hillusia, Edhen)
      Being part of an army allows you to defend the city of your choice (each army will feature city divisions) and to take part into city invasions, army fights and more!
  • Jobs:
    • Jobs such as mining, crafting, smithing, fishing and farming will help you to
      get coins and equipment.

Battle Points: Points to improve skills, improve your playerhouse, earned in spar tournaments, spars in general and events.
Group Points: Points to improve your group, earned in group dungeons and other group events, used to improve group capacity,
unlock group weapons and group skills!
Playerhouses: Each player will be able to choose a house to buy in some cities. They will only be able to own one playerhouse at a time, drop items inside and get furnitures/improve the house by earning Battle Points!

Some essential things to remember:
Ruins will not feature trade systems of any kind or any level up system. Why is that? Well, what is the point of playing a game when you can simply buy the best gear and then beat everyone? That's not fun!
This will also avoid some "illegal" ways to get things ingame, such as USD (buying or selling for real money). You want something ingame? Play and get it yourself!

No leveling system also means no items restrictions. The only two stats ingame will be attack points (swords and skills) and defense (shields).

Screenshots:

Application form:

-Nickname:
-Experience on other servers:
-Examples of your work:

[email protected]
OR
Forum pm

Good luck!

Last edited by Soala; 09-30-2010 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: forgot contact methods ><
Old 10-01-2010, 01:27 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Wow! What a nice thread!
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:01 AM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
The levels are simply beautiful, nice job, good hiring thread.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Ideas on Fire
Please remember that I also accept player submissions, so if you feel like giving Ruins some of your art, again, feel free to forum pm me or send me an email: [email protected]
Old 10-01-2010, 07:52 PM
MrName is on a distinguished road
To be honest, Every time i heard something about Ruins i thought.. Oh damn another **** crap server, But holy ... This is so freaking nice

Just one thing which could be changed on image one, The ''hole'' in the stone wall in the water, maybe there could be some fading water/shadow so you dont just bam but see it going to black
Old 10-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrName View Post
To be honest, Every time i heard something about Ruins i thought.. Oh damn another **** crap server, But holy ... This is so freaking nice

Just one thing which could be changed on image one, The ''hole'' in the stone wall in the water, maybe there could be some fading water/shadow so you dont just bam but see it going to black
I thought the same thing when I heard about Noctorious, only I didn't think it was freaking nice after I saw it.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:23 PM
MrName is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
I thought the same thing when I heard about Noctorious, only I didn't think it was freaking nice after I saw it.
Noct was crap, tho this isnt about noct.. ;o
Old 10-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Ideas on Fire
Please keep your unrelated posts/discussions to Ruins away from this thread, thanks.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Classic Developer
Cosss will become famous soon enough
I have high expectations for Ruins. It's a beautiful server with a well planned gameplay. I'll see about applying if I'm not too busy with Classic and iKingdoms, since they haven't asked me for much lately.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm waiting for the gameplay to be finished so I can pwn on Ruins
Old 10-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Classic Developer
As soon as it's released Ill own u all. I'll be up til 4am grindin. I'll be the Zezima.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosss View Post
As soon as it's released Ill own u all. I'll be up til 4am grindin. I'll be the Zezima.
Zezima sucked sry 2 break it 2 u
Old 10-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Classic Developer
waaaaat mi dreams r ruined >:L

Anyway, Soala, pm me if you are interested.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Ideas on Fire
Player can submit their own content if they wish to create their own outfit.

All templates can be found on this page
Old 10-02-2010, 06:21 PM
The page didn't work. And I can't wait to begin the carnage in spar arena. I aslo really like the Maledictions idea

Tags
ruins