Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
where is karsh at when you need him? he was quite the gani master.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
where is karsh at when you need him? he was quite the gani master.
It's not hard to make ganis, but it was a lot more time consuming. There were 20+ sprites you had to manipulate per FRAME per DIRECTION just to make a gani. Where with default you move the body, head, shield, and hat around... this had you needing to move the body, head, hair, hat, undershirt, sleeves, shield, overshirt, mask, backpack, shoes... and a lot more. It's a test of patience more than skill.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
I still stick by my statement. Karsh made more ganis than anyone i know. even if it was just because he had the time, he was the best, hell i'm pretty sure he was like a gani admin or something.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
If the gani editor had a way to parent things then the task of making ganis out of my character graphics would be a whole lot easier. I actually think at one point I had someone working on a custom gani editor with new features. Technically speaking, the gani editor that comes with Graal isn't all that hard to program. It's basically just taking data from the text file and displaying it on the screen. So to make your own version that would actually save real working gani files wouldn't be that difficult for anyone with only a bit of programming knowledge.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Graal does have a way to attach sprites to a parent in ganis, but I'm not sure how you do it. GK and Zone use those methods in their ganis, but again it's not a tool in the editor and as far as I know you have to write it out by hand.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias View Post
If the gani editor had a way to parent things then the task of making ganis out of my character graphics would be a whole lot easier. I actually think at one point I had someone working on a custom gani editor with new features. Technically speaking, the gani editor that comes with Graal isn't all that hard to program. It's basically just taking data from the text file and displaying it on the screen. So to make your own version that would actually save real working gani files wouldn't be that difficult for anyone with only a bit of programming knowledge.
There is a way to attach sprites together so that placing one places them all, and their positions within the editor all move in sync, if I haven't misunderstood what you mean.

It can be done within a text editor like this:

ATTACHSPRITE spriteindex1 spriteindex2 xoffset yoffset

spritendex1 being the parent sprite with index2 joining onto it at the specified offsets.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:01 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I might be mistaken because I haven't been around in years, but I remember attachsprite was only good if the sprite being attached was going to face one direction only... or maybe not, I don't remember. I just remember that attachsprite wasn't a solution to this type of problem.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
I might be mistaken because I haven't been around in years, but I remember attachsprite was only good if the sprite being attached was going to face one direction only... or maybe not, I don't remember. I just remember that attachsprite wasn't a solution to this type of problem.
I wouldn't know if this may have been different in the past but we have it used within the main player ganis on Classic for keeping heads intact with hats where there is an attachsprite for each different directional part.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 AM
Alure1316 is on a distinguished road
MaximusAsinus for GS1
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
I was making a gani editor, but it was of my own accord. And attachsprite isn't only for single directions.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
I care who has the levels because those levels represent a lot of hard work and allowing the levels to be thrown around would imply that I don't care about the project, which is certainly not the case. I think it is safe to say that people would be upset if I started posting backups of playerworlds!
As someone who built a lot of levels for Graal2001, I couldn't care less if someone had them. I am not saying you should just hand them out; I'm simply saying that I don't see the big deal. I mean what the hell are they going to do with them? As long as they know they can't be used anywhere other than on Graal2001.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknts View Post
As long as they know they can't be used anywhere other than on Graal2001.
This is Graal. People do not know that. In my time as a global I have dealt with so many playerworlds that steal graphics, levels or even whole backups and upload them onto their server. :/
Old 01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
This is Graal. People do not know that. In my time as a global I have dealt with so many playerworlds that steal graphics, levels or even whole backups and upload them onto their server. :/
I guess you're right. People did that as far back as I can remember.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Prinking Droblem
as global staff you get to pick what servers get to go public. so uploading stolen stuff dosen't matter cause you guys will never let it go public, just sayin
Old 01-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Birdo13 is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Good news is coming. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Here's another random screenshot.
Wheres this good news at?
Here's another random screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ghostpirate_1.gif
Views:	168
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	52160  

-Lamer